shape
carat
color
clarity

Just a quick question about the James Allen website...

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Are you seeing measurements of the diamonds? I used to be able to see measurements when I scrolled over a little tab on each diamonds 360 picture on the page where you can twirl the diamonds around. And I used to be able to see the measurements on each diamond when I had put several onto the comparison page. Now I only see measurements when I click each diamonds picture. Not to sound like a whiny baby, but I don't want to click on every diamond just to see it's measurements. I am trying to figure if it's something my computer is "filtering" out, or if it's a new "normal" for the James Allen website.

Thank you in advance!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PattyCo|1475243393|4082341 said:
Are you seeing measurements of the diamonds? I used to be able to see measurements when I scrolled over a little tab on each diamonds 360 picture on the page where you can twirl the diamonds around. And I used to be able to see the measurements on each diamond when I had put several onto the comparison page. Now I only see measurements when I click each diamonds picture. Not to sound like a whiny baby, but I don't want to click on every diamond just to see it's measurements. I am trying to figure if it's something my computer is "filtering" out, or if it's a new "normal" for the James Allen website.

Thank you in advance!

I've been having to bring up the report from the multi diamond page to see the measurements...it's a pain to say the least
if you are looking to stay above a certain size. Then once the smaller version of the report is displayed over the multi-diamond
page sometimes I forget which stone I clicked on to get it and I have to to my best to match the size/color/clarity to relocate that
stone.

I wish when I clicked on a stone that the display would "highlight" the diamond so I could always get back to the stone
I was either looking at the report for or, if I had actually brought the diamond page up I could find it after I exited from the
page. With JA I have a hard time getting back to where I was because the scroll bar does not always take you back to your
original location.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! :wall: :doh: :nono:

Edit...I did want to say that the interface does do a lot that I do like to give JA some credit!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1475244691|4082344 said:
I've been having to bring up the report from the multi diamond page to see the measurements...it's a pain to say the least
if you are looking to stay above a certain size. Then once the smaller version of the report is displayed over the multi-diamond
page sometimes I forget which stone I clicked on to get it and I have to to my best to match the size/color/clarity to relocate that
stone.

I wish when I clicked on a stone that the display would "highlight" the diamond so I could always get back to the stone
I was either looking at the report for or, if I had actually brought the diamond page up I could find it after I exited from the
page. With JA I have a hard time getting back to where I was because the scroll bar does not always take you back to your
original location.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! :wall: :doh: :nono:

Edit...I did want to say that the interface does do a lot that I do like to give JA some credit!

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, tyty333. I also give James Allen credit for the sheer genius of providing moveable 360 pictures AND videos of each diamond. It is quite fun, addicting, and harmless shopping, lol!

I have another question about the James Allen website. When you put a stone onto your Wishlist are you reaching a limit where no more can be put on? In the past I could put as many diamonds or gemstones onto my Wishlist as I wanted to. But lately I can only have 16 then it tells me I must remove some to make room. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks again!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, I've hit the ceiling (16) on the wishlist. I never really used it the way it was suppose to be used. I just wanted to mark a stone
so that I could easily get to it from the multi diamond page so I would turn on the heart. I never actually go bring up my "wish List"
list of diamonds. I just use it as a marker on the multi diamond page.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1475246534|4082351 said:
Yep, I've hit the ceiling (16) on the wishlist. I never really used it the way it was suppose to be used. I just wanted to mark a stone
so that I could easily get to it from the multi diamond page so I would turn on the heart. I never actually go bring up my "wish List"

I rely on my Wishlist because the hearts get lost to me in the sea of pictures of diamonds. I do have to admit that before the limit I would have upwards of 25 diamonds/gems/settings on my Wishlist. Because if I win the lottery it will become an emergency that I buy just the right diamond/gem, right? And I will need to find it quickly! And it can't go into just any ol' setting, now can it? :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PattyCo|1475247437|4082355 said:
tyty333|1475246534|4082351 said:

I rely on my Wishlist because the hearts get lost to me in the sea of pictures of diamonds. I do have to admit that before the limit I would have upwards of 25 diamonds/gems/settings on my Wishlist. Because if I win the lottery it will become an emergency that I buy just the right diamond/gem, right? And I will need to find it quickly! And it can't go into just any ol' setting, now can it? :lol:

:clap: Oh, I completely understand! If I win the lottery I will certainly be doing some MAJOR upgrades (probably before the first
lottery payment comes in :bigsmile: ).

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if these changes are going to be fixed. They make the site seem broken. Not to mention more frustrating to use. I really wish things would go back to the way they were, measurements readily available and no Wish List limits. I also wish they would stock lower color diamonds below K. Speaking of measurements, I also wish that you could "Sort By" measurements. This would be SO handy, especially if someone already has a setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results