Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Just a quick question about the James Allen website...

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Are you seeing measurements of the diamonds? I used to be able to see measurements when I scrolled over a little tab on each diamonds 360 picture on the page where you can twirl the diamonds around. And I used to be able to see the measurements on each diamond when I had put several onto the comparison page. Now I only see measurements when I click each diamonds picture. Not to sound like a whiny baby, but I don't want to click on every diamond just to see it's measurements. I am trying to figure if it's something my computer is "filtering" out, or if it's a new "normal" for the James Allen website.

Thank you in advance!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PattyCo|1475243393|4082341 said:
Are you seeing measurements of the diamonds? I used to be able to see measurements when I scrolled over a little tab on each diamonds 360 picture on the page where you can twirl the diamonds around. And I used to be able to see the measurements on each diamond when I had put several onto the comparison page. Now I only see measurements when I click each diamonds picture. Not to sound like a whiny baby, but I don't want to click on every diamond just to see it's measurements. I am trying to figure if it's something my computer is "filtering" out, or if it's a new "normal" for the James Allen website.

Thank you in advance!

I've been having to bring up the report from the multi diamond page to see the measurements...it's a pain to say the least
if you are looking to stay above a certain size. Then once the smaller version of the report is displayed over the multi-diamond
page sometimes I forget which stone I clicked on to get it and I have to to my best to match the size/color/clarity to relocate that
stone.

I wish when I clicked on a stone that the display would "highlight" the diamond so I could always get back to the stone
I was either looking at the report for or, if I had actually brought the diamond page up I could find it after I exited from the
page. With JA I have a hard time getting back to where I was because the scroll bar does not always take you back to your
original location.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! :wall: :doh: :nono:

Edit...I did want to say that the interface does do a lot that I do like to give JA some credit!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1475244691|4082344 said:
I've been having to bring up the report from the multi diamond page to see the measurements...it's a pain to say the least
if you are looking to stay above a certain size. Then once the smaller version of the report is displayed over the multi-diamond
page sometimes I forget which stone I clicked on to get it and I have to to my best to match the size/color/clarity to relocate that
stone.

I wish when I clicked on a stone that the display would "highlight" the diamond so I could always get back to the stone
I was either looking at the report for or, if I had actually brought the diamond page up I could find it after I exited from the
page. With JA I have a hard time getting back to where I was because the scroll bar does not always take you back to your
original location.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! :wall: :doh: :nono:

Edit...I did want to say that the interface does do a lot that I do like to give JA some credit!
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, tyty333. I also give James Allen credit for the sheer genius of providing moveable 360 pictures AND videos of each diamond. It is quite fun, addicting, and harmless shopping, lol!

I have another question about the James Allen website. When you put a stone onto your Wishlist are you reaching a limit where no more can be put on? In the past I could put as many diamonds or gemstones onto my Wishlist as I wanted to. But lately I can only have 16 then it tells me I must remove some to make room. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks again!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, I've hit the ceiling (16) on the wishlist. I never really used it the way it was suppose to be used. I just wanted to mark a stone
so that I could easily get to it from the multi diamond page so I would turn on the heart. I never actually go bring up my "wish List"
list of diamonds. I just use it as a marker on the multi diamond page.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1475246534|4082351 said:
Yep, I've hit the ceiling (16) on the wishlist. I never really used it the way it was suppose to be used. I just wanted to mark a stone
so that I could easily get to it from the multi diamond page so I would turn on the heart. I never actually go bring up my "wish List"

I rely on my Wishlist because the hearts get lost to me in the sea of pictures of diamonds. I do have to admit that before the limit I would have upwards of 25 diamonds/gems/settings on my Wishlist. Because if I win the lottery it will become an emergency that I buy just the right diamond/gem, right? And I will need to find it quickly! And it can't go into just any ol' setting, now can it? :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PattyCo|1475247437|4082355 said:
tyty333|1475246534|4082351 said:

I rely on my Wishlist because the hearts get lost to me in the sea of pictures of diamonds. I do have to admit that before the limit I would have upwards of 25 diamonds/gems/settings on my Wishlist. Because if I win the lottery it will become an emergency that I buy just the right diamond/gem, right? And I will need to find it quickly! And it can't go into just any ol' setting, now can it? :lol:
:clap: Oh, I completely understand! If I win the lottery I will certainly be doing some MAJOR upgrades (probably before the first
lottery payment comes in :bigsmile: ).

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if these changes are going to be fixed. They make the site seem broken. Not to mention more frustrating to use. I really wish things would go back to the way they were, measurements readily available and no Wish List limits. I also wish they would stock lower color diamonds below K. Speaking of measurements, I also wish that you could "Sort By" measurements. This would be SO handy, especially if someone already has a setting.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.