shape
carat
color
clarity

Just a preview...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is... just a preview. More details to come.

0.9ct Jubilee I VS2 (Can't find the inclusion under 10x)

Jubilee01-02.jpg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Daniela

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
love.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, not bad photo work, huh?

Used a standard loupe held right up to the digital camera (with macro mode on).

limey

Shiny_Rock
Yah!

Awesome. I posted a view scope pics of the Jubilee I purchased for the wife in one of my earlier threads. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-jubilee-has-landed-thanks-goodoldgold.14951/

Do you have the ring figured out yet??

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, VH, looks like you found a classic with a twist! What a GEM! I am dying to see that bad boy set! YYYYAAAYYY!!!
appl.gif

Congrats and we are all melting over here with the fire of that Jubilee!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I saw that Jubilee shape on GOG's website and am dying to see one set...Congrats on such a magnificent stone!
appl.gif

I know you were thinking about a regent cut too? What sold you on the jubilee? I am only curious, b/c I am looking at both shapes for my future ring
2.gif
. I am having a hard time picking between the two.

-Sarah
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Perfect! For the undecided, the Jubilee fills the bill being both brilliant and square!

It looks like a beautiful stone VH! Lots of good sparkle! Now....how are you going to set it?

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Well... lemme tell ya, VA Gal, if it were MY ring, I would get a non-branded H&A RB, somewhere around the 1.5ct mark, but that's just me... and this ring is for HER.

I picked the Jubilee b/c it was the squarest thing I've seen, with the performance of an RB (which is exactly what Dave and Andrew will tell you too).

When dealing with this size (~1ct), the shape is kinda lost at an arm lengths distance. Especially with the brilliance. All you see is flash and no shape. (Like that's a bad thing?)

And I knew that going into the purchase, b/c I made the executive decision (I guessed) that the GF wanted square. So if she's going to be staring at it and wants to stare at a square, then that's what I'm gonna get for her.

I think in the Vatch X-Prong setting, it will even take on an even more square quality and that'll make her happy. I also didn't want to wait and risk losing this great stone, and possibly face a higher pricetag in the future.

Ultimately, since she's shown little interest in the details, I think that the size will suit her just fine. (And I managed to save some cashishe!)

You're right, I WAS going to buy a Regent, b/c it was slightly more intersting and unique than the RB (IMO). 12 sides, kinda cushion shaped, GRAND historical namesake. Excellent cut quality.

But I really wanted to create the ring with the spirit of her desires in mind. And my gut tells me that this is it.

I think either way you go, it'll be great.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I think you chose a GREAT stone. It will look even more square in the X-Prong setting. I'm sure she will be amazed at how beautiful it is.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It looks really awesome!!! I bet it's a fireball!
9.gif

I agree with Patty, an X-prong will make it look more square. Congrats, you made a great choice!
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, just beautiful. Nice choice. I can't wait to see the finished product in the x-prong. Who will get to see it first; PS or the GF?
9.gif

I hope it's PS.
11.gif

Nan

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Looks like you found a great stone that will please her whether she wanted a round or square! How could she not love that fireball!
love.gif

Congrats!
1.gif

I cannot wait to see it set!

JB

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
appl.gif
I've been drooling over the Jubilee and now you make me want one of my own. PS is really bad for my wallet.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
This stone is absolutely beautiful! Quite a sparkler!

Thanks for the details on why you chose it. I am still undecided on what shape I want, but the Jubilee is quickly coming my new fav.
9.gif

The X-prong is going to look amazing with that stone! It will make its square shape come out more, and from what you have said, that is what your girlfriend wants. She is going to be thrilled! I can't wait to see it on her hand.

Well, I am so happy you found a great diamond and it sounds perfect for her! All your hard work definitely paid off!!!
appl.gif

Best of luck on the proposal part, and do keep us updated.

Cheers!
-Sarah
1.gif

pimpek

Rough_Rock
Shweet Stone! I wish I was your girl!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Well... if things don't work out, you never know!
2.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I love that cut!!

I think you are a very wise young man!!

win

PS Best Wishes and good luck on your engagement!

win

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
How do you know I'm young?
2.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 5/5/2004 3:35:15 PM verticalhorizon wrote:

2.gif

----------------

The same way she knows you're very wise

2.gif

Congrats VH, it looks fabulous. Please let us know the feedback from the appraisal. I belive you said you were going to use Martin Fuller.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. I know Square's appraisal went well. It'll be exciting to use their high powered toys!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to ask if anyone else gets a little dizzy or lightheaded from staring at their diamond for too long?

And I don't mean all lightheaded in an emotional way... I mean lightheaded from starting at a single small focal point for a prolonged amount of time.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
You are too funny!
9.gif

I, unfortunately, do not have a ring yet. My boyfriend and I are still at the talking stage. But I will let you know if I get dizzy too once I get a ring. My instinct says YES I will. I will probably have to wear gloves to cover it up once I get it, so I can function outside of gazing at it. Would hate to run off the road b/c I couldn't take my eyes off it. How would I ever explain that one to a police officer? LOL

-Sarah

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Yes, VH, dizzy and blinded by the flashes of light and color. LOL That jubilee is gorgeous.
love.gif
Can't wait to see it set.

Shay

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Tick tock, tick tock... all I can do is wait now.
sad.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
The suspense is killing me too!
3.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/5/2004 3:35:15 PM verticalhorizon wrote:

2.gif
----------------

Because Billy Bob is such a contemporary name
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results