shape
carat
color
clarity

JUDGE MY PROPORTİONS

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
Hi went to see some stones today store gave me these as their ideals H&As they are GİA however they have a KYD and sarine report which they wouldnt give me. İ managed to write one of the reports down they are both almost identical in proportions and ASETs i have attached a similar ASET i found online arrows were not perfect and İ suspect darkness in the centre however stone aas not in store.
They said 34.5 crown angle isnt the best and this is what they believe to be amazing thoughts please

The other one didnt have any imperfections at all 20210122_175819.jpg 20210122_174916.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please...someone help...

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
What price did they offer you?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the ASET that you have attached for the exact stone the GIA report identifies or not?

Do you have to give this store your business (ie. Upgrade or trade situation)? A vendor that refuses to give me reports and other available data on stones that I'm interested in seems like a vendor that's not worth my time or my money...

There are no red flags in the report that you posted. It'll be a bright stone. It won't show quite as much coloured light as a stone with different proportions, if you compared two such stones in lots of different lighting environments. Did the sales associates explain why they dislike a certain crown height?

If I'm understanding correctly the ASET you posted is not for this stone, so I'm not going to pay attention to that. I would recommend that you remove it - it makes things a bit confusing. We like to get ASET imagery precisely because light return, which the ASET helps elucidate, can vary quite significantly between two stones that have identical proportions on paper - so using a random ASET for a different stone with the same proportions actually really defeats the purpose of the getting the image at all.

What do you mean by "the other one didn't have any imperfections at all"? Do you mean that clarity grade was FL (flawless)?

Last edited:

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
Is the ASET that you have attached for the exact stone the GIA report identifies or not?

Do you have to give this store your business (ie. Upgrade or trade situation)? A vendor that refuses to give me reports and other available data on stones that I'm interested in seems like a vendor that's not worth my time or my money...

There are no red flags in the report that you posted. It'll be a bright stone. It won't show quite as much coloured light as a stone with different proportions, if you compared two such stones in lots of different lighting environments. Did the sales associates explain why they dislike a certain crown height?

If I'm understanding correctly the ASET you posted is not for this stone, so I'm not going to pay attention to that. I would recommend that you remove it - it makes things a bit confusing. We like to get ASET imagery precisely because light return, which the ASET helps elucidate, can vary quite significantly between two stones that have identical proportions on paper - so using a random ASET for a different stone with the same proportions actually really defeats the purpose of the getting the image at all.

What do you mean by "the other one didn't have any imperfections at all"? Do you mean that clarity grade was FL (flawless)?

Ok. He said thats not his 'belief' thats not what he believes in. He doesnt follow Holloway etc.
This is his reputation and everyone will know him. He is a cutter but has only cut 2 stones however he still knows what he is talking about.

The ASETS i attached ARE NOT of the diamond as they wouldnt give me them because its their İNTELECTUAL PROPERTY. İ said take the numbers off the certificste just give me the image and proportions. NO GOOD. İ will only get it if i buy from them.

İ ADDED the ASETs to shoe the darking in the centre of the stone.
The ASETs were very close to this just to give everyone an idea of what i mean about darkening in the centre.

Yes İnternally flawless however this one has POLİSH issues i believe.

The crown angle being 32 and 32.2 isnt thst considered too low?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the "darkening in the center" you are referring to is the pattern of blue at the base of the arrowshafts?

Blue in an ASET image indicates that when an object is close to the diamond face-up, that object will be reflected within those blue facets (ie. The blue facets reflect light incident on the stone perpendicular - or almost perpendicular - to the crown). Those blue areas will not be "dark" in the real world unless you're leaning over your diamond at very close range.

1611311851140.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A crown angle of 32 is not inherently any reason for concern.

Paired with other reasonable proportions, like your 41.2 pavilion and medium-slightly thick girdle and 80 lower halves, it's quite possibly a beautiful and bright stone. Paired with say a 40.4 pavilion and very thin girdle, it'd have posed a chipping risk in a 0.8ct stone. Etc.

Last edited:

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
A crown angle of 32 is not inherently any reason for concern.

Paired with other reasonable proportions, like your 41.2 pavilion and medium-slightly thick girdle and 80 lower halves, it's quite possibly a beautiful and bright stone. Paired with say a 40.4 pavilion and very thin girdle, it'd have posed a chipping risk in a 0.8ct stone. Etc.

Right! İt had a fair bit of blue in the centre. The arrows were not 'perfect' a couple were off slightly.
İ though 32 was too low.

Thin-medium girdle is okay right?

Out of curiosity proportion wise atleast how does this compare to that one? Not taking the ASET into consideration as we dont have access to both ASETs

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Wait, I am confused... is the GIA certificate is the actual certificate of the diamond that you’ll be getting? Or you’re just looking up a certificate that have similar specs? But similar is still not the same imho. The jeweler have the diamond and you saw the diamond in real life correct? They let you take a look of the GIA certificate but not Assets etc?

:doh:I’m confused of what is and what’s not :lol-2: this is the first time I heard we can’t see the reports :lol-2: If I’m going to spend thousands of dollars I want transparency, with other vendors in the market that willing to give me full information without me even asking, I don’t see why I should give my business to someone thats hiding things from me

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
Wow THAT is the stone.

Sorry for the confusion.
İn store i was able to view the ASET, GİA and 'know your diamond report'

Know your diamond is apparently a machine report which is more accurate than GİAs reporting system.

During the meeting the lady left the report on the table when she went to see her boss. İ quickly wrote down the GİA report.

Before i left i asked for a quote.
Also asked if i can keep the GİA and ASET/KNOW YOUR DİAMOND, reports

She said NO these are our İP and company policy . İ said you can blackout the report numbers she said NO.

i said then asked if she can write the proprtions down and this is what they wrote down for me.

At the start i enjoyed their service however towards the end when i started asking for certain things for my ideal stone it started to fall apart.

The stone from bluenile is that one they showed me.

Attachments

• 16113600573706632471931487182202.jpg
    16113600573706632471931487182202.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
Oh and they wouldnt price me the stone and ring seperatley either only together

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This vendor has already occupied more of your time, thought, and effort than they’re worth.

Shop elsewhere. You were considering WF previously, did you reach out?

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
This vendor has already occupied more of your time, thought, and effort than they’re worth.

Shop elsewhere. You were considering WF previously, did you reach out?

İve been mainly scoping their website.
İ will speak with my partner and choose a setting she likes out of the ones that i pick.
Then i will pursue that setting with a s through WF.

One of the main reasons i went yesterday was too see and compare different colours and clarity which didnt really workout either.

The lights they had right above us were extremely stong and hurt my eyes when trying to focus to see colour.
Didnt see proper comparisons either.
They kept moving stones going back and forth asking the 'director' moving around certificates.
İ felt i was doing something illegal it was insane

They were just hoping id say yes yes sold

Also they give 8 promises
1. Eye clean
2. H&As
3. No milky
4. Good value
5.good Luster
6. No brown tint or other colour only yellow i think
7. ASET images
İ forgot the other one

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results