shape
carat
color
clarity

Jubilant Crown-cut (AGS) 1.34 ct., F color, SI2 - Too $$?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BKG6053

Rough_Rock
Just purchased the following, and now I''m unsure if I got "taken" or if the price was fair, etc? If taken, I might still have time to return for refund, etc!

Jubilant Crown-cut RB stone, AGS cert., 1.34 cts., F/SI2
Measurements: 7.11 x 7.17 x 4.34mm
Total Depth: 60.8%
Table: 45%
Girdle: Thin-to-Medium; Above 14.8%, Below 42.9%
Culet: Pointed
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
PAID: $7395.00

I DID fall in love so to speak with the Jubilant Crown vs. Ideal/Premium cut and had considerable difficulty finding a stone/dealer(s), etc.

Thanks for any advice!!
Keith - [email protected]

wavey.gif

kkeen15

Shiny_Rock
Are the Round Brilliant and RB Jubilant Crown-cut even comparable in terms of specs? I looked up "Jubilant Crown" on Google, and it seems like the facets below the girdle are the same, while the ones above the girdle are much different, i.e. the table is really small.

I don't think the prices between your patented/special cut and ideal/superideal RB's are comparable, b/c you probably paid a premium just for the uniqueness of the cut. That said, you can click on the "Pricescope" link near the top of the page, and it will allow you to search for diamonds with similar specs to your own. I did a search for 1.3ct, F, SI2, and most of the diamonds were in the range of 5000-6000.

What specifically drew you to this cut? Just curious!

Kristin

kkeen15

Shiny_Rock
Found this picture comparing RB and Jubilant Crown here:
http://www.huntcountry.com/jubpg.htm

jubpostcd01b.jpg

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have an actual picture of the jubilant crown? Right now I'm invisioning a soccer ball! lol!

Colleen

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Colleen...

Me too.
9.gif

I found this site that has a pic of the crown of the diamond. It *does* look like it has a much smaller table than your normal RB.

Take a look:
jcdiamondsmll.jpg

Found here.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Yes it does have a very small table.
see drawing

Johan

jub.gif

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Kat! That helped a lot!!
Colleen

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems that H&A rounds get prices a bit over 6k around here (and it would be more than this for a branded version, such as "harts on Fire" or what not), and branded cuts are always more expensive. This on looks like it was definitely worth it
1.gif

There are enough buyers on PS who went head over heels for specialty cuts (Regent, Jubilee...) which are all priced a tad over H&A rounds. The price for your stone does not seem completely overboard - you don't buy just "mass" in a diamond (which can be described by the color, clarity and weight alone) - so it would not be fair to compare this stone with the lowest priced F/SI2 round.
The look costed about 1k here over a nice typical round - not too bad. If you wanted the same F/SI2 form a B&M store, it might have matched the price - and quite likely so.

For whoever like the rose cuts, this is a nice sight
2.gif
There is even another fancy round cut (called Leo) with no table at all which resembles your choice.

The better news could be that the facets on the crown would help hide those inclusions even better than teh normal faceting on a round - I would expect that their stones are often SI ans I1 clarity (on the site there are two Si2s... out od 5 stones on dispaly).

Also, for this cut, just as for the traditional it would still be those two angles (crown and pavilion) that determine brilliance. It is hard to predict what the sum total effect of the cut would be, but the respective angles seem so dead-on that evern allot of error in my estmation (based on the percentages you post) will still say "great optics". The extra fecting would deliver lots of fire to boot
9.gif

Conclusion ? Quite a dazzler !!!!

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
I would have thought that the extra crown height would reduce the apparent size relative to a standard round brilliant, but this compares pretty favorably. The average diameter for this stone is 7.14mm, the average diameter of a 1.34ct ideal-cut round brilliant would be about 7.17mm.

Enjoy your new diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results