shape
carat
color
clarity

Jtv ticking me off

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are showing blue flourite... Ok whatever. They are saying how rare it is and how hard it is to find in blue. In fine fine print on the bottom it says it's nuked. So if blue flourite is so rare (I have seen a ton of it) why are they saying this is rare when it's not even real blue flourite?!?!

It's like saying a nuked blue diamond is sooooo rare just because a real blue is. Ugh. That type of scamming ticks me off.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RH,
I can write a book on all the deceptive information as well as purposeful lack of information from all the shopping channels that sell jewelry. It is very frustrating. I feel your pain.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When in Paris, I visited the Pantheon with sarcophages of Marie and Pierre Curie. I often think of all these physicists that died of chronic radiation syndrome, for the sake of science. What would they say if they heard that one of the outcomes of their work would be irradiating colored stones to make them look bluer?

morecarats

Shiny_Rock
Not quite to your point, but didn''t Pierre Curie die in a traffic accident, not of radiation sickness?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! So stupid of me! I once read Marie Curie''s biography but why on earth was I thinking that Pierre was the first one to die of radiation sickness? Especially since I was sixteen when I read that book, an age when memory is still not packed with totally unnecessary stuff and should hold onto facts... Sorry!

morecarats

Shiny_Rock
More to your original point, crasru, Pierre Curie was actually very interested in the study of crystals, and made two very important discoveries about them. He and his brother discovered that an electric potential was created when a crystal was compressed (now known as piezoelectricity). Then they discovered the reverse effect -- that crystals could be made to deform when subject to an electrical field. This discovery was essential to the eventual invention of crystal oscillators, used in electronic circuits and quartz watches.

Pierre abandoned his study of crystals when he married Marie and became interested in her work in isolating radium. But given Pierre''s work on crystals, he would have been fascinated by the effects of radioactivity on some crystals.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 10:35:36 PM
Author: morecarats
More to your original point, crasru, Pierre Curie was actually very interested in the study of crystals, and made two very important discoveries about them. He and his brother discovered that an electric potential was created when a crystal was compressed (now known as piezoelectricity). Then they discovered the reverse effect -- that crystals could be made to deform when subject to an electrical field. This discovery was essential to the eventual invention of crystal oscillators, used in electronic circuits and quartz watches.

Pierre abandoned his study of crystals when he married Marie and became interested in her work in isolating radium. But given Pierre''s work on crystals, he would have been fascinated by the effects of radioactivity on some crystals.

MoreCarats you are a walking encyclopedia. You need to go on the gameshow Jeopardy and win some $$$$.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 10:35:36 PM
Author: morecarats

And I don''t know you at all, MoreCarats! Yes, you are very knowledgeable! Not to mention flawless Thai!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results