shape
carat
color
clarity

Joma Shop...Experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone purchased a watch from jomashop.com? I noticed their prices are great and was wondering about the authenticity/quality/service? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only looked at their Cartier watches (as this is the watch I own and am familiar with) and their handbags. I do know a lady who ordered a Bottega Veneta handbag from them, and got the bag but in the wrong color and had a really hard time returning it. She said she was sure the bag was real, however.

The Cartier watches, though? I have my doubts. They are not an authorized Cartier dealer yet are claiming to sell authentic, new, still-produced classic Cartier designs for less than retail price?

I don''t know which watches you''re looking at, but I wouldn''t trust anything on this site. With items as well-known as name-brand watches like Cartier, etc., if it''s too good to be true it usually is.

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I know several people with very good experiences including myself. The items are indeed always authentic, but because they are not an "authorized vendor" the watch companies won''t always honor warranties.

I purchased a Michele ceramic watch from them last summer and was very impressed with the shipping, packaging etc. I would buy from them again.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 4:28:47 PM
Author: Gleam
I''ve only looked at their Cartier watches (as this is the watch I own and am familiar with) and their handbags. I do know a lady who ordered a Bottega Veneta handbag from them, and got the bag but in the wrong color and had a really hard time returning it. She said she was sure the bag was real, however.

The Cartier watches, though? I have my doubts. They are not an authorized Cartier dealer yet are claiming to sell authentic, new, still-produced classic Cartier designs for less than retail price?

I don''t know which watches you''re looking at, but I wouldn''t trust anything on this site. With items as well-known as name-brand watches like Cartier, etc., if it''s too good to be true it usually is.

Gleam,
Thank you for the input. I am looking at the Women''s SS Cartier Roadster. I saw mentioned on this site some time ago that someone bought a watch from them...I have the same concerns you mentioned. I think having the peace of mind associated with purchasing at Cartier is worth the extra $1K.
Thanks again.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
ms.halo,
Your friends who purchased..did any of them happen to select a Cartier? Just curious...Glad you had a positive experience. I am so torn...I just have fears about spending that much $$ and being burned
7.gif

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 7:05:00 PM
Author: fsu1227
Date: 11/19/2009 4:28:47 PM
Gleam,

Thank you for the input. I am looking at the Women's SS Cartier Roadster. I saw mentioned on this site some time ago that someone bought a watch from them...I have the same concerns you mentioned. I think having the peace of mind associated with purchasing at Cartier is worth the extra $1K.

Thanks again.

It is really scary how many good fakes are out there. I've held a fake Cartier that seemed identical to my own in pretty much every way. The only difference is that it was very slightly lighter... but if I hadn't had a real Cartier on hand to compare, I wouldn't even have noticed. In addition to that, there are a lot of people who want to convince themselves something is real... they get what they think is a bargain on an item like a Cartier Roadster that never goes on sale, and want to believe they got away with the deal of the century.

I always ask myself how probable it is that a website like Jomas Shop has a huge cache of brand new designer watches. Unless they "fell off a truck," I truly believe they're fake. High-end watches in styles that never go on sale, like the Cartier Roadsters or Tanks, aren't the same as the handbags they sell from seasons and season ago. While those handbags might be real because they bought last season's stock that the stores no longer want, how exactly did they end up with watches that would never be discounted by an authorized retailer? What makes their stock so different or special that they can or are willing to sell it for a price other dealers can't?

I don't know about the Michele watches. Michele watches tend to be seasonal, as they're always creating new styles. Jomas could be buying last sesaon's stock of Michele watches. But Cartier? Makes you go hmmm, right?

If you want to save money on a Roadster, how about buying a used one from a certified dealer like Tourneau? You can save a lot more than $1,000, too. I can attest to how excellent to customer service at Tourneau is. And hint hint: Tourneau WILL negotiate with you if you buy a new Cartier from them. Just ask. They also often have great coupons like 10% of 15% off. Sign up for their email list.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I found this forum that talk about this site. I am myself thinking in buying one
41.gif

link

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 7:43:44 PM
Author: gaby06
I found this forum that talk about this site. I am myself thinking in buying one
41.gif

link

I read through that thread and it seems like they''re buying Seikos and Citizens. There is a big difference between buying a $200 watch from a brand that produces many, many styles of watches each season and retires many styles each season VERSUS buying a $5,000 Cartier watch that never goes on sale at an authorized dealer.

I don''t doubt Jomas Shop has some authentic merchandise. But do I think the stuff like the Cartiers are real? No.

Sorry, I don''t want to seem like I have it out for Jomas Shop. I don''t. I guess I just have a strong opinion about fakes and I get the heeby-jeebies even thinking about someone else possibly buying one.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 7:47:49 PM
Author: Gleam
Date: 11/19/2009 7:43:44 PM

Author: gaby06

41.gif

link

I read through that thread and it seems like they''re buying Seikos and Citizens. There is a big difference between buying a $200 watch from a brand that produces many, many styles of watches each season and retires many styles each season VERSUS buying a $5,000 Cartier watch that never goes on sale at an authorized dealer.

I don''t doubt Jomas Shop has some authentic merchandise. But do I think the stuff like the Cartiers are real? No.

Sorry, I don''t want to seem like I have it out for Jomas Shop. I don''t. I guess I just have a strong opinion about fakes and I get the heeby-jeebies even thinking about someone else possibly buying one.

The Cartiers are only 20% off. You mention other places that offer 15% off. So it''s not like the are selling 5000 watches for 1000 usd.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Glean,
I didn''t know that Tourneau would negotiate on new pieces? Splendid!!!! Thanks for the tip. Also, I am not opposed to purchasing a pre- owned that is authenticated and has a warranty. Thanks for the feedback.

Gotta love PS! My personal Google.
36.gif

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
gaby06, the 10-15% coupons are issued from Tourneau, not a direct discount on Cartiers themselves. A retailer offering its own discounts is different than a retailer offering discount Cartiers. There is a distinction. Tourneau doesn't just have a constant, seemingly never-ending stock of discounted Cartiers of mysterious "gray market" origin hanging around the way Jomas does. And the coupons come around once in a blue moon although hopefully now they'll be issued more often to boost sales in this sagging economy. I haven't seen one in a long time, though.

Buying a Cartier from Jomas is like buying a diamond without a certificate. Yeah, hopefully that diamond is an F VS2 of ideal cut as the jeweler said, but it sure may not be. The indisputable fact is, regardless of whether they're fake or real, they do not come authorized by the brand.

fsu1227, they will definitely negotiate! I had better luck on the phone than I did in the store. The salesmen at the Chicago Tourneau are a little pushy. A lot of times they'll say, "If you buy this right now I'll give it to you for $XXXX." It felt a little like buying a used car. ;-) But I got an even better deal when I spoke with someone at their 1-800 number to order off the website.

Good luck and be sure to tell us if you buy anything!

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
No, they both bought Tags.

Go look at the Purse Forum and you''ll see about 100 threads with jomashop in the title and everyone agrees that items are authentic. They also have a 30 day return period.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not thinking in buying a very expensive watch, and since I had never buy a watch that I have problems with. i''m really thinking in buying one for X-mas
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results