shape
carat
color
clarity

jogging with a non-jogger stroller

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I see people in NYC jogging all the time with stollers that technically aren''t joggers but seem to work well for them, especially:

Bugaboo Chameleon
BJ Citimini
BJ City Classic
phil& ted''s (even with both seats attached
23.gif
)
uppababy vista...

Do any of you do this, and if so what are the pros and cons?

I am talking jogging here, not running (like maybe 2-5 miles at a time, at speeds slower than a 10 mi/mile...)

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Bella,

The biggest issue I can see is that the joggers are designed with bigger wheels to absorb more shocks. You can''t use a jogging stroller (for jogging) until 6 months because baby''s neck muscles aren''t strong enough to withstand the bouncing around, so I would assume you would have to wait even longer to jog with a regular stroller since it wouldn''t have the additional shock absorbers. Side note - my pedi doesn''t recommend using jogging strollers under a year because she thinks the neck muscles are still too underdeveloped at 6 months to withstand any sort of serious jogging. Of course, walking with a jogging stroller is fine.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
A true jogging stroller has a FIXED front wheel. My BOB for example can be set both ways. I believe it is dangerous otherwise b/c the parents doesn''t have the same control. I would never suggest jogging with a stroller that is not made to be a true jogger.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOW, i'm impressed that you can identify all those strollers! Then again, you mentioned that you're in NYC so you have ample opportunity just from observing passerby.

my LO is due in late June, and I've been **trying** to make more of an effort to take a look at what folks are using, but apart from the BOB's I really can't tell/have no clue
11.gif

OK, threadjack over

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) I am an ex nanny and the stroller obsession seems to have stuck:)

We are TTC (I''m in the 2ww now, so send lots of dust my way
3.gif
) but I stopped by Planet Kids today and saw the Baby Jogger City Select
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s awesome and the front wheels lock, so I was wondering if I could maybe do light jogging with it if a baby was in their car seat and/or older...I jog about as fast as I walk (sad but true) so I''m not sure how much different it would be for a baby.

previously I thought we''d get a Bob and Volo, but now I am thinking maybe the city select if I could do light jogging with it...and we''d still get a volo (we have three friends who have offered theirs as a hand-me down
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I have a bugaboo and jog with it once in a while with my son facing me(never on uneven terrain or very fast-my slow jog might be a fast walk) but it works perfectly fine.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I''m familiar with all of these stollers, but can anyone tell me, what''s jogging?
3.gif

I vaguely remember getting a heap of safety warning leaflets from our Dr when Amelia was born and one of them was about not jogging / running with the baby in a stroller or a baby carrier until she was at least six months.

After that, if the baby is uncomfortable / hurting in a non-jogging stroller while jogging, I''m pretty sure s/he''ll let you know!

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results