shape
carat
color
clarity

Job offer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Well- and update from my interview topic. I got an offer! That''s the good news. The bad news is that it is only $1300 more than what I make yearly salary, so to move from the Inland Empire to Orange County I''m going to need more money. I''m in negotiations with HR now. On a related topic, I had written about my dilema with my boyfriend. I couldn''t wait until after Christmas to talk- we talked that night! I told him I felt very frustrated that the reason our engagement kept waiting was because his school was taking longer. I asked him if he really wasn''t sure about getting married- cause I knew a year ago when we moved in together (we''d been together 6 months at that point) that I wanted to get married. He said he felt the same way, but he didn''t want to move into another apartment with his wife. I had no idea he had such a fierce need to provide! It''s nice and even though I''ve told him I''ll be working and we''ll work on that together- he still wants to finish school first to find a better job before he proposes. I told him Sept. felt like forever away- he said, "How do you know I might do it BEFORE Sept?" I told him by summer I was going to start getting really antsy...
26.gif
So- looks like I have been 6 and 9 months- not too long to wait for a wonderful guy that I have! I keep you updated!! Hugs all!
35.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats for the job offer!
36.gif
I hope everything turns out for the best.

I''m glad to see your boyfriend and I talked and you understand each other! Here''s to hoping that 6-9 months won''t feel too long...
2.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Don''t worry, sounds like it''s going to happen before September. September will be here before you know it anyway. I can''t believe I''ve been at the same job for five years now! I dunno if this happens when you get older, but time just seems to fly by way too quickly.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Tracy!! I just saw this thread, and I''m so happy for you!! Rent in LA SUCKS. We pay a grand for a one bedroom. The bad thing is, nowhere else accepts pets! I''m so glad about your offer, too!! I can''t believe I missed it! Selfish much? Sorry!! I''m so so happy for you, though. Maybe someday I can show you my ring (uncompleted) in person!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
caligal! Congrats on the job offer! I''m with you on the negotiations! I think you should get more $$$ too. I''m happy to hear that you and your BF are on the same level. That is excellent news!!! He sounds like such a sweetheart! The next 6-9 months will fly by and before you know it, you''ll be engaged!!!
36.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks gals! I actually am turning them down as they only offered 1K more in negotiations. I have resumes out there and now will be looking at start dates of June/July which is much better for both of us! Oh and so cute- we saw the Davids Bridal ads for the $99 sale and byfriend remarks, "hey it''s the 99 dollar sale- you should get on that." I say, "No- not up to me to start shopping!" Good jokes all around- we both giggled... I think he''s enjoying this making me wait situation a little too much....
28.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Now, that totally sucks.. You''d think they''d offer you more! Keep looking, your new job will be found!! I hate that David''s Bridal commercial only because of that girl''s voice. My boyfriend heard it and went, if that was you, I''d make fun of you. Nice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results