shape
carat
color
clarity

Job Dust, Please!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I found out today that I'm being laid off :blackeye: I'm a paralegal for a bankruptcy attorney and business is really, really slow. Go figure in this economy :roll: I've worked for the same attorney for 7 years now and it's likely temporary, but even with budget cuts at home I will still have to file for unemployment and, if the lay off lasts more than a few months, look for another job. Of course this comes on the heels of three of our appliances dying while I was on unpaid medical leave and me upgrading my e-ring :nono: I am so sad and depressed about this. I have two young children, DH and I just bought our house in 2009 and we've worked so hard for everything we have and now I feel like a leech on society and a failure ;( I'm sure we will pull through but we could really use some PS dust right now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you buckets of dust Diva!! My heart goes out to you and I hope this difficult time ends quickly and you find a great and secure job!
I don't know what it is about appliances but we had the same darn thing happen to us- they all break around the same time! ;(

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely sending buckets of dust!!! My DH has been out of work going on 4 months now. I know how rough it can be. Let's hope mutual jobs are happening soon! ;))

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you so much dust! I just found out that my position is being eliminated today, so I'm right there with you. The job market is just awful right now. Anyway, really feeling for you. We'll both get through this.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending tons of job dust your way. I hope you are rehired or find a new job soon. My temporary job is ending this Friday (I was hoping the woman who was on maternity leave wouldn't return and I'd be hired perm, but she came back this week), so I'm in the same jobless/job hunting boat and know how you feel.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully business will pick up soon and you'll be back to work in a few months. It can be a tough position to be in though. At least now you'll be able to spend more quality time at home so that's a positive, right? Good luck, DD!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
DUST for you!

Is there something you can do in the meantime? A little freelance legal work? Advising people on wills and stuff? Keep yourself busy, take your mind off of it. A small ad in the shopper, or cards on bulletin boards, put the word out. In my state paralegals can do a lot of stuff without an attorney, maybe you can help/advise others.

Sending you much dust! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results