carat
color
clarity

JLC Reverso Duetto Price Advice

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys!!!

I went to a local JLC AD to inquire about the smaller reverso duetto model 2668112. The MSRP is $9600. Off the bat they offered $8450, about $12% off (if I calculated correctly). They are willing to ship out of state. There is a price hike expected April 1.

Do you think I can do better than this price? I am also open to other recommended ADs. Thanks in advance!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should able to haggle 25% off MSRP with most JLC AD.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DF!

I just called a 2nd AD, and they said 12% as well, 14% if cash. I mentioned 25% off is what my friend said I should be looking for, and she said, no, too much. :)

I will keep trying...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1392052384|3611920 said:
Thanks DF!

I just called a 2nd AD, and they said 12% as well, 14% if cash. I mentioned 25% off is what my friend said I should be looking for, and she said, no, too much. :)

I will keep trying...
Maybe DS can recommend you her watch dealer. I bought my last watch from Govberg.
http://www.govbergwatches.com/designers/jaeger-lecoultre/

1521 Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19102 Phone: 215.546.6505 (ask for George Mayer)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again DF!

I called govbergs and they will get back to me.

I contacted DS's recommended vendor, and they offered 15% off. They asked why I wouldn't go to Tourneau, and I said, more comfortable with a referral. :D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1392055772|3611962 said:
Thanks again DF!

I called govbergs and they will get back to me.

I contacted DS's recommended vendor, and they offered 15% off. They asked why I wouldn't go to Tourneau, and I said, more comfortable with a referral. :D
I heard most Tourneau don't offer much of a discount. I think Govberg will do the 25% off on JLC watches if you wire them the $$$.Is this a quartz or a mechanical watch?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DF - mechanical says the manual.

Did you have to go back and forth a bit with govberg?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1392063875|3612073 said:
Hi DF - mechanical says the manual.

Did you have to go back and forth a bit with govberg?
after George quote you a price then ask him "will you take XXX price if I wired you the $$$?. You will get the best price if you offer to wire the money.Tell George that a watch forum member referred you to speak with him.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sell luxury goods to cheap Vietnamese people everyday. It is the most hated part of my job.

Make an offer, mention that it will be in cash/check/wire. Give them your card/number, ask them to call you back with the best possible price. If they get back to you and it is not the price you want, tell them you'll think about it. Call back a week and a half later. Above all, be nice and kind. I give my customers my best possible price much more readily if they are kind. I'd rather lose a sale than deal with difficult, cheap, unkind people.

Hopefully, this will not help you, but I gave good discounts to two people today, one who was seriously ill, another was potentially seriously ill. Because karma.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks JulieN - I am definitely being nice on the phone :)

DF - Govberg got back to me and they are 20.8% off. Extra $100 if I wire transfer.
I'm calling the local guy to see what they can do. I doubt they can get down that much because of their location. He was shocked to hear how much they came down.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1392155213|3613054 said:
Thanks JulieN - I am definitely being nice on the phone :)

DF - Govberg got back to me and they are 20.8% off. Extra $100 if I wire transfer.
I'm calling the local guy to see what they can do. I doubt they can get down that much because of their location. He was shocked to hear how much they came down.
Good luck!, so Govberg will do like 22% off?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DF!

Just placed my order with Goverberg. Although my local guy was willing to do 22% off regardless of payment + $75 shipping out of state, I really wasn't finding any reviews on that store on watch forums, and the few reviews on Yelp were so-so. George had a lot of favorable reviews. I called George and countered 25% off, and he stuck to the 21% w/ credit, 22% with wire transfer. Since I can get 1% in rewards from Discover, I went with the credit card option.

I am so excited! Thank you DF!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1392742495|3617812 said:
Hi DF!

Just placed my order with Goverberg. Although my local guy was willing to do 22% off regardless of payment + $75 shipping out of state, I really wasn't finding any reviews on that store on watch forums, and the few reviews on Yelp were so-so. George had a lot of favorable reviews. I called George and countered 25% off, and he stuck to the 21% w/ credit, 22% with wire transfer. Since I can get 1% in rewards from Discover, I went with the credit card option.

I am so excited! Thank you DF!
Your welcome.. :wavey:
I don't get it.. :confused: if you purchase from your local AD why would he needed to ship out of state?...and don't forget to post wrist shots... :wink2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I ship out of state, instead of the store being responsible for collecting the tax, I am now responsible for tax.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm SOo.... excited! Rather than the anticipated 2 weeks for JLC to send the watch to Govberg's, it arrived at Govberg today!! They sure do have the hook up! Govberg has sent it by Fedex, anticipated arrival MONDAY! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1393009119|3620222 said:
I'm SOo.... excited! Rather than the anticipated 2 weeks for JLC to send the watch to Govberg's, it arrived at Govberg today!! They sure do have the hook up! Govberg has sent it by Fedex, anticipated arrival MONDAY! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
That is great news! We must see some wrist shots on Monday... :Up_to_something:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wrist shots?.. :Up_to_something:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI DF!

Monday was so crazy... I picked up the watch from Fedex, donned my BGD gloves on and proceeded to take pics. I LOVE IT! It is such a beautiful watch, and the size is perfect for dressy occasions. Believe it or not, I initially thought I would love the black and diamonds side better, but I actually love the white side more - i love the font of the numbers, and the texture of the dial - this embossed goodness.

Unfortunately, around 9:30 PM - my mom calls to say my dad was missing. It was a crazy scramble - calling the precincts, hospitals, etc. Filing missing persons reports... around 11:30PM my dad came to in a hospital and called home. He is ok now. We are exhausted from the ordeal. My dad's accident kinda put a damper on the whole watch unveiling and joy. Now I am overwhelmed with catching up on my chores, my work-work, etc. bleh...

The shots are on my husband's phone. As soon as I get a break this weekend, I will post.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear your dad is OK... :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wrist shots!!! Brian Gavin diamond gloves lolol!!!
image_1356.jpg image_1357.jpg image_1358.jpg image_1359.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The flip side!

image_1360.jpg image_1361.jpg image_1362.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a cool watch! 2 for 1! Very nice :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, Beautiful watch !... :love: :appl: not many people on the street will recognize the brand, but JLC is highly respected by watch collectors.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, I need to not click on watch threads!!! I LOVE this watch! I fear it is too much like my TF, though, for me to consider it. I am glad you were able to get your discount down to 21%. That was great since it would be several months until King does the 25% off. That is a gorgeous watch, though! :love: :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Asscherhalo_lover, DF, and DS2006!

Can you tell that with each picture I was removing another piece of plastic from the watch? It is my precious right now... hahhaha... I am cherishing the awestruck kinda feeling - like when I got my first diamond... that feeling is awesome and doesn't last forever! (precious....) ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a way, when you go for outstanding things, they do tend to remain more special than more ordinary things. I think that watch will always be that way. I really love it! What model is it?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1394641170|3632512 said:
In a way, when you go for outstanding things, they do tend to remain more special than more ordinary things. I think that watch will always be that way. I really love it! What model is it?

Thank you DS2006! :appl: This watch is the smallest reverso duetto model 2668112.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow -- that is a SERIOUSLY gorgeous watch! I cannot decide which face I like better, they are both so so gorgeous! Did I already say *gorgeous*? Gorgeous!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results