shape
carat
color
clarity

Jitters about first dress fitting tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason I''m terribly nervous about my first fitting tomorrow. I''m having irrational fears that I''ll look fat in the dress, or I won''t like it as much as I did when I ordered it. I just want to feel happy and excited, but instead I''m scared. Many people say that a wedding dress is the most important dress you''ll ever wear. I guess I''m just feeling the pressure...

Am I completely out of my mind? (Don''t answer that.
25.gif
)

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
I felt the same way! I was worried most that I would HATE my dress. I ALWAYS change my mind, and even went through a phase before my first fitting where I was convinced that I would hate my dress. I even researched other gown options and was ready to go try some different ones on! I am glad I didn''t though b/c I loved my dress more than anything at my first fitting.

Try not to stress about it tonight and I am sure that you will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow! Good luck!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry, goldenstar! You''ll be fabulous. I hope that your breath is taken away by your own beauty when you see yourself in your dress tomorrow!!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Take a deep breath, and smile. Keep telling yourself that its going to be great, and make sure you take a camera! This should be fun, not painful. Don''t take anyone you know with you, and savor the moment alone. If only you will know what it looks like on (and of course the seamstress), what does it matter if it does look horrible?
2.gif

I''m sure you will look stunning!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 6:23:56 PM
Author:goldenstar
For some reason I''m terribly nervous about my first fitting tomorrow. I''m having irrational fears that I''ll look fat in the dress, or I won''t like it as much as I did when I ordered it. I just want to feel happy and excited, but instead I''m scared. Many people say that a wedding dress is the most important dress you''ll ever wear. I guess I''m just feeling the pressure...

Am I completely out of my mind? (Don''t answer that.
25.gif
)
You''ll love it just as much as when you got it! I felt the same way you did when I first went in. I thought what if I made the wrong choice? Shoudl I have gotten X dress instead? etc etc. Well finally seeing my dress again after so many months was exciting and it looked just as great as I remembered it.

Btw, your dress is so awesome. It''s completely unique. You''re totally going to love it when you see it! And don''t worry about the fit. That''s what the ''fittings'' parts are for. :)

Are you going back to MM where you got your dress? If so the woman in charge of alterations there is awesome. I LOVED her and the seamstress I worked with.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t you worry!! It''s completely normal. It''ll be fine
1.gif

Don''t let yourself put so much pressure on it. Sure, it''s your wedding dress, but it''s still just a dress. Don''t let it become more than that!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I just looked at your post with the pictures of the dress - what a glamorous, wonderful dress! you are going to be stunning :)

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel a lot better!

If the dress looks halfway decent then I''ll post pics of the fitting tomorrow night.

Violet, yes I am going to MM for the alterations. I''m so happy to hear that you had a good experience with them. Now I''m getting excited!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you kidding me?! Your dress is one of my favorite of all time. You're going to look STUNNING. I ADORE it. I do hope you'll post pics tomorrow.

30.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to hear how it goes, and see pics!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That dress is so amaaaaaazing, and you''ll look amaaaaaazing in it! Take pics!
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to hear how it goes!! Enjoy it!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hope the fitting went well!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
How''d it go, goldenstar?
9.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Goldenstar!!

I was at MM in the morning and the whole late afternoon as I fell in love with one of the dresses there!!!! I may have bumped into you!!!

How did it go?? I saw your dress in the earlier thread and it''s BEAUTIFUL!!! It already look beautiful on you in a smaller size and I can''t imagine how gorgeous it would be once all fitted to you.

Do post some pictures!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, how did it go!?

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
I am going through exactly what you are goin through!! It''s a horrible feeling. I am not near my first fitting yet, but have recently become horrified with the dress I chose. It is chock full of ruffles with an overwhelming ruffle on top and I am freaked out that it is the most tacky thing that hit this earth since....since....oh, I don''t know what. I say to myself, "what were you thinking??? it''s SO not a you-dress."

I hope that this is all just jitters, but I fear not because the dress was not my first choice to begin with and I chose it after only trying it on once.

Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck. I hope your fitting went really well and that you love your dress.

Bright.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

Thank you all for thinking about me! Sorry it took a while to get back to this thread. I''ve been SUPER busy. One of my bridesmaids (my cousin) flew in on Weds morning. She went to the fitting with me later that day. Today I accompanied her to look at venues for her own wedding (I''m her MOH). I have also been preparing for a site visit tomorrow where I will do a walk through of our venue with our wedding planner and the site coordinator. The florist will also be there with a prototype of our centerpiece. Additionally, we will do our menu tasting.

If that wasn''t enough, my bachelorette party is on Sat night so I''ve been all over the place shopping for compenents of my outfit. My MOH is doing a Breakfast at Tiffany''s theme. I bought a ton of fake bling today!!! Really cheap and flashy stuff. I also got long gloves.

Anyhoo, the fitting went great! WHEW... I felt really relieved when I had the dress on. The dress needs to be taken in as expected. I''m going to sew cups into the dress instead of wearing a bustier. We also worked on the bustle.

My cousin used her camera for the pics and I don''t have the cable to conntect it to my computer. Bummer! She is going to email them to me when she gets home, but that won''t be until Monday or Tuesday. I promise to post when I get them.

GoodSoul, did you end up getting the dress? I was there from 3:30 to 4:30. We did all the pinning in the fitting room so I wasn''t walking around with the dress on. It would have been insane if you saw me!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 12:47:46 AM
Author: goldenstar

GoodSoul, did you end up getting the dress? I was there from 3:30 to 4:30. We did all the pinning in the fitting room so I wasn''t walking around with the dress on. It would have been insane if you saw me!

I was there about 3:30 as well!!!!! This is just too crazy!!! I was there alone. I''m the crazy Chinese woman who refused to take off the Lela Rose dress! I think I know which fitting room you were in but didn''t get to "meet" u. If I had known, I would have hauled you out of the fitting room to see you in the dress ... and help me with my dress selection too!! Was Maribel supposed to help you?

Glad that your fitting went well!! Can''t wait to see pictures of you with that awesome dress!!

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I felt that way at first then when i put it on i just fell madly inlove with the gown all over again ! dont worry because you''ll have tons of other things to worry about along the way. dont waste the energy ehh ehh

OMG

Rough_Rock
My first dress fitting is on Thursday.... I have been having one thought.... WHAT IF IT DOESNT FIT????? It''s actually making me lose sleep! So no, your not crazy... 100% normal!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 8:23:20 PM
Author: OMG
My first dress fitting is on Thursday.... I have been having one thought.... WHAT IF IT DOESNT FIT????? It''s actually making me lose sleep! So no, your not crazy... 100% normal!

Big ditto on this one...I was out of work and not working out for 2 months, and I feel like it''s starting to catch up with me. I dread putting my dress on...

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
FINALLY, here are a few pics. I don''t have many and I forgot about the camera while the train was unbustled. I have another fitting at the end of the month and I will take better pics then.

Here''s the front. I wish I took the pic looking straight ahead instead of at an angle.

DressFront11.JPG

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Back with bustle

Bustle11.JPG

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Back with sample veil. I am going to get something much more sheer than this. Possibly a drop veil.

BackVeil11.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh Golden that dress is so vavavoom! Beautiful! See, all that worrying for nada.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results