shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewlr.com?

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just FYI, this website's 'experts' recommend diamonds graded "very good" (as graded by GIA or IGI) and I1 clarity. There's nothing wrong with that if it's what you want, but it won't be what most PS'ers recommend. I don't know of anyone here who has used them; perhaps others will chime in.

NightOwlInCanada

Rough_Rock
You can click in the right hand side of the page and find a blue box that reads "customize your diamond" where you can choose better diamonds. Here is the ring I created:
Oval 0.70
Color F
Clarity VS2

Screenshot_20180114-231038.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be wary of any website that misspells jeweler. Yes, even if intentionally.

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My point is that these are all red flags. You can view a "sample certificate". Unless you can see the real cert, photos/videos, an ASET, and IS, it's difficult to judge the diamond's quality.

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can’t speak to the diamond aspect at all, as I purchased a simple sterling silver/gemstone eternity band. The design was pretty and was shipped in a timely manner. What I didn’t like was how large the prongs were compared to the stones. Typically this seems to go the other way for CADs....i.e. the prongs in the CADs look bulky but are more delicate in real life. This one had mock-ups that looked great, but the stones were overshadowed by the prongs in real life. And unfortunately there was a restocking fee (it’s been awhile, so I want to say it was something like 15% but I could be wrong there). At any rate, I was glad I only tested a cheap piece, and I didn’t go back for seconds.

For reference, this was the ring I tried out:
FEA67B72-7446-40EA-A077-3FDC52DC3A07.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You do know you can not buy an oval with out pictures right? Even a "Very Good" cut oval can have bad light return and not such a great faceting
pattern.

Look on James Allen. You can see that there are lots of "Very Good" cut ovals that the majority of people would not want.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/

If I were you and loved those settings (and could not find one I loved at JA), I would see if they would set an outside stone (one that you purchased
from a site like JA where you can see pictures/videos of the stone). You may need to make sure you have the stone insured before setting.

Other option is to show us pics of the setting you like and see if we can find a trusted vendor that has something similar. Gabriel and Co has a line
where you pick out the shank and the head to form your own ring. ID Jewelry sells G and C. They can also find you a stone and send you videos of
it).

Here is the Gab and C website...
https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-rings/oval-engagement-rings

And to be honest...those settings that you posted a link to seem a little too inexpensive (cheap). A good quality setting that actually looked
like those should cost more money IMO.

That's my 2 cents (sorry if it seems mostly bad). Just want you to get something nice for you money.

Edit...here is where you can pick your head and shank. Not sure if they have heads for oval stones. You would need to ask them.
https://www.gabrielny.com/perfectmatch

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results