shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewels of House Holbrook & OEC Three Stone Project

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone bought from or worked with Jewels of House Holbrook on any projects, rings, diamond concierge service, etc? She has a setting that I am *really* crushing on for a possible three stone version, but I haven’t found many on here who’ve worked with her except a couple of mentions here and there. I’m planning to chat by phone with her to find out her process, bench, QC, pricing, etc., but thought I’d ask on here as well, since it seems there are a few other PSers who follow her IG.

The ring she posted on IG that I’m loving is this one (specifically, the one on the bottom w/the OMC):
B10F94A8-BADE-41E6-8CED-70B1F2815441.png

But I’m really wanting a three stone version using these loose old cuts I have had in my stash (approx mm measurements are 4.5 - 5.7 - 4.5):
C547CAD7-31CC-4395-9D39-0E3DF925C755.jpeg

I really think the beveled bezels would complement the old cuts’ facet patterns quite nicely, and it’d give me a great old cut RHR to wear when I wear my CvB Abby OEC.

Thoughts - both on JoHH and my idea for a three stone in this style? :wavey:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t know the vendor mentioned above, but I wanted to tell you, that you OEC‘s are beautiful.

Im always curious, where people find so nice stones!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
very nice OEC, I have a new found appreciation for them!

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would check David Klass website first. He makes a similar setting.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. We had the same thought when that popped up on Insta! I like the view from the top, but personally dislike tube-sets with a passion. I like when the setting is open from the side both for aesthetics and cleaning access. I also felt those particular rings could be a bit more elegant and less chunky without losing the angles.

DK made a gorgeous bezel ring for @Niel that has that more open side-view. Maybe a blend of the faceted bezel and the open sides? That's what I have been pondering from my 3-bezel CS project.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gray-spinel-three-stone-by-dk.231258/

If you ignore that they these are prong-in-bezel, it might look a bit like the hexagon set multistones. If you squint, kinda like this. I think it would look fabulous.

images

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-25_16-6-59.png
    upload_2018-5-25_16-6-59.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 25
  • upload_2018-5-25_16-14-44.png
    upload_2018-5-25_16-14-44.png
    477.2 KB · Views: 21
  • upload_2018-5-25_16-15-25.png
    upload_2018-5-25_16-15-25.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 19

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know the vendor mentioned above, but I wanted to tell you, that you OEC‘s are beautiful.

Im always curious, where people find so nice stones!

Thank you. I bought the center from a LT’er last year, I think. The others (and the rest of my old cut stash) were onesie-twosie purchases I made over a period of time, and I hoarded them away for a rainy day. :mrgreen2:

I would check David Klass website first. He makes a similar setting.

Do you happen to recall which one? Link?

LOL. We had the same thought when that popped up on Insta! I like the view from the top, but personally dislike tube-sets with a passion. I like when the setting is open from the side both for aesthetics and cleaning access. I also felt those particular rings could be a bit more elegant and less chunky without losing the angles.

I actually kinda like the organic ‘chunkyness’ of the design; that’s really what drew my eye to it. I don’t care much for super dainty, thin settings; rather, I like them a little more ‘solid’ if that makes sense. I did think - however - about some sort of opening on the sides to see the pavilion a bit more, but not an entirely open-sided setting. I kind of feel like the basic east-west “overpass” style with the shank underneath - while beautiful - has just been done so much. I’ve seen a couple of variations of it, like the one Sholdt does with the upside down ‘V’s between the pavilions, so I may try for something along those lines.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results