carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Road Trip in CA suggestions

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello,

I'm going on a weeklong road trip from LA to NorCal and would love jewelry store recommendations. I specifically love antiques but any "amazing" jewelry store would make me happy. Besides, they'd all be great "hinting" grounds for showing SO more of what I like and don't like ;-)

So far I have Joe Escobar, Fortuane, and Lang's on my list.

Q

Queenie60

Belgian Diamonds - 16 No. Santa Cruz Avenue, Los Gatos, CA (408) 395-4500; Deja & Company Exquisite Jewels, 14567 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA (408) 872-4177. Very nice jewels! Both of these are very close to me and I have been to each several times!!! Enjoy your road trip.

Also take a look at Stepehensilverfinejewelry.com. Stephen Silver - 2825 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, CA

And - Mozaffarian Fine Jewelry - 272 Post Street, San Francisco (415) 392-1200

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I've been wanting to check these 2 out in SF, just haven't had a chance yet: Eric Trabert and Mureta's Antiques

If you are going to wine country and stopping through St. Helena, you have to check out Patina.

Oh! And Darren McClung in Palo Alto, ah-maz-ing stuff!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto Eric Trabert! It's on my list, but I haven't made it there yet.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's a nice one in Carmel. Lots of antique jewelry. They post their pieces on first dibs a lot. I don't recall what they are called though. Maybe someone else will.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's Fourtané Jewelers in Carmel.

Carmel is worth a trip by itself if you've never been. Lovely place. Spend the night at one of the B&B's.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darren McClung in Palo Alto.

Lang Antiques in SF.

If you drive along the coast, definitely take a day for Carmel.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! I hope I have plenty of sparkly pictures to share!! I'm TOO excited for Lang's.

And, if anyone wants to meet up to play, you can contact me via LoupeTroop.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Langs is a very small store (lots of stock though). Make an appointment.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1451109240|3966304 said:

Will do! I know NorCal in general is more "appointment/rsvp" than LA is. I learned that the hard way a few years ago when I couldn't get into a few restaurants!

I have a 5 hour drive before stopping in the Big Sur. My drive will consist of a lot of phone calls :) to restaurants, jewelry stores, spas, etc!

****Any restaurant recommendations or New Years Eve activity recommendations also appreciated!****

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1451108915|3966303 said:
Thanks guys! I hope I have plenty of sparkly pictures to share!! I'm TOO excited for Lang's.

And, if anyone wants to meet up to play, you can contact me via LoupeTroop.

Ooh have fun Madelise! I am a big Lang's fan and they have some GORGEOUS pieces. Lucky you for seeing them in person! Please tell Nicole I say hi. She has been a big help in the bling buying department. Enjoy your trip! :appl:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a wonderful road trip! I love Joe Escobar, have gotten a few pieces from them over the years. Just a few blocks down the street from Joe Escobars is the Home Consignment store. There is a nice big consignment case full of estate jewelry. The proprietress is Victoria. She is very knowledgable and is so much fun to hang out with and play with all the prettys!!! Also ( if you are a bottom feeder) about 15 minutes from there, in downtown San Jose on 1st street is R&J jewelry and Loan (pawn). They have a some good deals, I found a .75 EC there and also a diamond band and diamond/pink saphire band :lol: for about $150 ea. i have posted pics. Check out their website! They are willing to deal! Have a blast!

_35801.jpg

_35802.jpg

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The .76 EC plus baguette ring is 14k and was $500.00......always wanted an EC! Love this one from R$J!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lang moved to a new location, same street. Much bigger now. If you go on a weekday you don't really need an appointment. Don't miss Eric Trabert.

In southern CA, you must visit SingleStone!!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1451153074|3966451 said:

Lang moved to a new location, same street. Much bigger now. If you go on a weekday you don't really need an appointment. Don't miss Eric Trabert.

In southern CA, you must visit SingleStone!!

I was at Lang's this summer on a Friday afternoon. DH and I were the only people in the store and the ladies were very accommodating and extremely nice. I think they would have let me try on every piece in the store. They have an exceptional amount of pieces on hand.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Ok thanks for all the tips. I'm SO thrilled. We made it to central CA so far, and my bling be kickin' it at the Firestone brewery!

_1241.jpeg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise, Please post back after your trip. I can't wait to hear about all the fun you had. I have a niece that lives in that area and can't wait to go visit.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far, I've gone to Fourtane and Joe Escobar, and accidentally found a gem in Carmel-by-the-Sea called the Jewel Boutique. Here's a hint of what's to come though (my posts!). I've taken so many pics I think each team that entertained me deserves their own thread.

Margeaux hanging out in Lover's Point while waiting for StarSparkle and her hubby to join us at breakfast and a trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium!

_1300.jpeg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Margeaux hanging out with some friends! StarSparkle's infamous titanic ring and upgraded e-ring. Omg the OECs facets are TOO perfect.

Edit: don't know why it's sideways.

_1301.jpeg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cheeky: Margeaux petting some sea critters at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I love petting sea cucumbers! I felt like Elmira from Looney Toons, haha!

_1302.jpeg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then the remainder of my traveling bling will be documented without featuring Margeaux..... Cus my wonderful, sweet boyfriend surprised me for a lifetime by getting down on one knee and proposing!

_1303.jpeg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The view of Point Lobos after he proposed.

_1304.jpeg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reflecting my red scarf while on the side of the Big Sur entrance

_1305.jpeg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chilling in Pfeiffer Beach with the super cool purple colored sand!!!

_1306.jpeg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to stop by the famous Monterey fisherman's wharf for dinner! This place is TOO cute!

_1307.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise said:
Then the remainder of my traveling bling will be documented without featuring Margeaux..... Cus my wonderful, sweet boyfriend surprised me for a lifetime by getting down on one knee and proposing!

Oh so happy for you dear Madelise!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you for sharing your joy with us. :appl:

Love all the photos you are posting. Love your new ring!!! Gorgeous bling and gorgeous couple. :appl: :appl: :appl:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After our campus tour of Facebook. OMG it's crazy in there! I'm working on convincing my FI (!!! So weird to write for the first time!) to work there!

_1308.jpeg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meeting up AGAIN with StarSparkle and getting our bling bling "refreshed" at the Joe Escobar spa for diamonds.

_1309.jpeg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1451490668|3968432 said:
madelise said:

Oh so happy for you dear Madelise!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you for sharing your joy with us. :appl:

Love all the photos you are posting. Love your new ring!!! Gorgeous bling and gorgeous couple. :appl: :appl: :appl:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thank you SO much Missy. I'll share the story at another time as I've only got my iPhone to do any chatting/uploading. But OMG my whole engagement was a complete Pricescoper scheming surprise.

Q

Queenie60

Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful and the two of you are a great looking couple! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results