shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Making Hobbyists - Show Your Projects Please

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen PSers mentions/show their personally handmade jewelry pieces/projects in various posts but thought it would be fun to see them in one place along with any details you care to share.

Placing it in FFJ as while some may use real stones, others use Swarovski crystals/pearls, seed beads, wood, glass and other materials...all beautiful and I would love for you to share them for inspiration. It can be from a pattern or your own design - the only ask is that you made it (or some of it) yourself.

(I couldn't find a similar thread but if one exists, I can delete. Or move to hangout if folks feel it belongs there)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll start.

I first got into beading as something to do with my elderly neighbor and mother. My neighbor and I became friends with the owner of a local beadshop and started getting together once a month. Over time, we've invited a few other friends/customers to join us. When it first started, we'd pick a project to work on together with my friend instructing. We've done stringing, knotting, beading patterns, wire wrap, Kumihimo, chainmaille, etc..

Over time it's become more social than anything. While we occasionally might still do a project together, we often work on our own and just catch up/socialize. I usually decide on my project once there (the benefits of being in a store that has everything).

While we had a couple of outdoor gatherings, yesterday was the first time we went back to gathering in the store. I made this:

Aquamarine/fresh water pearl necklace (28") and earring set with 14k gold filled beads (yellow gold although my camera didn't pick it up) 20220416_211805.jpg

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Some silver pieces I have made over the years. The blue stone is an aquamarine and the yellow in the ring is a Mali Garnet. The earrings are CZ.

Attachments

• 4039D812-F4C5-4EBD-BEC6-B1CAC434EE84.jpeg
    4039D812-F4C5-4EBD-BEC6-B1CAC434EE84.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 8FC103AA-B915-4B48-9D90-8C6B7A866127.jpeg
    8FC103AA-B915-4B48-9D90-8C6B7A866127.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 44
  • F37C88FA-A07C-4281-A0FA-5D5BE6F5EFD1.jpeg
    F37C88FA-A07C-4281-A0FA-5D5BE6F5EFD1.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 44

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some silver pieces I have made over the years. The blue stone is an aquamarine and the yellow in the ring is a Mali Garnet. The earrings are CZ.

they are awsome !

and thanks for waking up this thread
it has so much potential

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry just saw this....beautiful! I took a silver jewelry workshop but never had the time to take it further.

Thanks for sharing!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago, I made lots of beaded jewellery. People then started asking me if they could buy it, so I started making things for other people. Honestly, I found the simple designs were the most popular, because they were the most wearable. I’ve got boxes and boxes of beads and findings, and perhaps one day I’ll get back to making again.

A few of things I made

7DD1F8B5-A6A2-4858-8EB3-AEADFC52966A.jpeg
B3A0B063-C287-4CBF-94FF-BD2C2EF8DC11.jpeg 4EBE0D32-DDF6-449F-B60E-DC909F8822E6.jpeg 83A449E7-9B2A-4E52-A8E2-BAD16F3C71F8.jpeg 5C188E7E-15DF-4FDB-B822-88F3C3451B7F.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@agingsparkle
do you want to show us some of your creations
being in fashion jewlery allows us to show kinda anything we make

@lilmosun maybe if this had been in hangout we might have got more interest
i dont think fashion jewlery gets that much traffic

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of everything I've, my pearl lariat necklace had probably gotten the most wear. Super easy..just wire wrapped a bunch of inexpensive freshwater pearl onto a chain.
20220726_215115.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago, I made lots of beaded jewellery. People then started asking me if they could buy it, so I started making things for other people. Honestly, I found the simple designs were the most popular, because they were the most wearable. I’ve got boxes and boxes of beads and findings, and perhaps one day I’ll get back to making again.
Yes, I did a lot more years ago..but now just occasionally when friends and I get together at my friend's bead shop.

Your pieces are so colorful and fun!

I love the creativity of putting pieces together but hate finishing them. Sometimes at our get togethers, my friend (who also sells her jewelry at large craft fairs) will go through my box and just start putting clasps on all my unfinished projects lol.

I have a small studio full of stuff and call it my retirement room thinking it will give me something to do when the time comes!

Iki Alvarado Luna

Rough_Rock
Hi, not new to this forum, but rarely post something. I am a doll artist and mostly work in silver. I do miniature jointed dolls that can be worn in jewelry pieces. My dream is to one day be able to make a full doll ( doll and jewelry piece) in gold, although right now I just have managed to make two dolls in gold.

Here she is, she is my pride and my joy and also my first gold doll. She is made in 24k gold, mansion spinels and vvs G-I princess and round cut diamonds. I am used to silver so working on her was such a challenge . 4. THE PRINCESS OF WORTHLESS THINGS.jpg Princess and nefarious.jpg 1. THE PRINCESS OF WORTHLESS THINGS.jpg

also in case that you are curios this is how the dolls look like in the jewerly pieces, although I have many different styles 5. Daffodil .jpg 3. Rising Stars .jpg

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
Hi, not new to this forum, but rarely post something. I am a doll artist and mostly work in silver. I do miniature jointed dolls that can be worn in jewelry pieces. My dream is to one day be able to make a full doll ( doll and jewelry piece) in gold, although right now I just have managed to make two dolls in gold.

Here she is, she is my pride and my joy and also my first gold doll. She is made in 24k gold, mansion spinels and vvs G-I princess and round cut diamonds. I am used to silver so working on her was such a challenge . 4. THE PRINCESS OF WORTHLESS THINGS.jpg Princess and nefarious.jpg 1. THE PRINCESS OF WORTHLESS THINGS.jpg

also in case that you are curios this is how the dolls look like in the jewerly pieces, although I have many different styles 5. Daffodil .jpg 3. Rising Stars .jpg

These pieces are incredible! How do you go about making them? How long does it take? The detail in their faces! I might be a little obsessed…

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock

WOW! Do the joints actually move? Your art is amazing! I'm also curious how they're made!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Just wow! And that orchid!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your work is amazing!
These dolls are spectacular!

nojs

Shiny_Rock

Amazing!!! You are so incredible talented!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW...Each piece is truly an amazing work of art..thank you for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results