shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry from breast milk

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I had never heard of this. Would you want to wear jewelry made from your breast milk? :wavey:

(Kenny, remember the thread you posted about bread making? That's what I thought of when I saw this article. I'm not so sure about food or jewelry made from the human body, :lol: )

http://nypost.com/2016/05/21/meet-the-moms-buying-jewelry-made-from-their-own-breast-milk/
image_4421.jpg
Excerpt
Like many crafty young women, Ann Marie Sharoupim, 28, makes and sells her own jewelry. But the Rutherford, NJ, mom of two uses an unusual material to craft her necklaces and bracelets: the breast milk of her customers.

“They want to preserve the sweetest, closest moments they had with their little ones,” says Sharoupim, who peddles her creations on her Web site.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't put my breast milk in the bread I bake.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I looked into this! I was kinda keen, but in my country this sort of thing is only available in silver, and I don't really do silver.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know a few mom with these, I hope to do some at some point, but I'll likely try the DIY route bc that's how I roll.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm, I don't see myself getting behind this one. I'm pretty open-minded, very much to-each-her-own, but preserving any sort of bodily fluids and wearing them... not appealing to me. But I also tend to favor the memories themselves over momentos - I'm even not super great with pictures. I want to watch the actual event or people and if taking pics distracts me from that, well, they don't get taken.

I have to admit, I'd be a little weirded out as a teen, and adult actually, if my mom were wearing breast milk jewelry from when she fed me as a baby.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not something I would want to do. I still have a couple bags of milk in the deep freeze from when I nursed Trapper. That's the extent of my treasuring it.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Interesting, but it doesn't appeal to me at all. I realize it's just breast milk (and yes, I breastfed all of my babies), but I don't really feel any sort of "connection" to my milk :lol:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
If it could be turned into a diamond....

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an interesting idea. I'd like to see the process.
I'm sure there is a market for breast milk beads, but I prefer real gems!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results