shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry boxes and ring holders

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0459CE6F-D19F-4CA4-808F-C1BE41F0FD57.jpeg What do you use? What kind of boxes and holders do you covet?

I have a glass ring holder (see above) and I covet a wolf 1834 box :)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just use the boxes all the pieces came in but wow, I’ve just looked at the Wolf website and those boxes are gorgeous! Another few items added to the wish list! The Chloe....... :love:

I have hugely coveted a Mrs Box or two but have talked myself out of it- they look amazing in the pictures I see but they are so small, and don’t have a hinged top, I’m guessing I’d find that annoying.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I succumbed to the Mrs Box craze (thanks Pricescope) - they are small and the lid not being hinged is really annoying so I don't use them unless I'm taking a photo.

I like to open my jewelry box and see my entire collection. As this has grown significantly over the years (again - thanks Pricescope) my jewelry box is in need of expansion but still has to fit in the safe in my wardrobe.

The standard jewelry boxes just don't seem to have the right compartments for me so I've persuaded Santa (aka DH) to bring me a new jewelry box with my personal selection of trays from:

https://stackers.com/

Once I've received it and played with it, I'll take pictures and post a report back here.

Merry Christmas everyone.

:wavey:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh cool! I know for gemgossip has a tray from stackers. Let us know how you like it!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I use a random crystal tealight holder that I received as a wedding favor to hold my rings overnight or while I'm being messy at home!

For travel I use an ivory Wolf Caroline zip case.

For larger storage I have a 3 stackable trays that look quite similar to Stackers. Love them, started with two and added another. I got them years ago at a home store, so I'm guessing it's not the same brand, though.

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a jewelry "tree" whose base is a rectangle. The necklaces and rings I wear the most hang on the branches, and the tray holds the earrings I wear most frequently. I have a fancier jewelry box, but I never use it because the tree is more convenient. It looks like an adorned sculpture on top of my dresser!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a glass ringholder very close to the one in your first post, pearaffair. I use that at night for whatever rings and earrings I have on. In the safe, are a couple trays similar to those in Blingobsessions's post. (well, not as nice :) mine came from Bed Bath & Beyond)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a nice crystal ring dish like the one posted above for daily wear and a large wolf box for storage. They're both very useful. The wolf box keeps my jewelry safe from my toddler!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep a ring holder in the kitchen to hold rings while cooking or washing dishes.

My mom showed me this jewelry case she bought for my daughter. I really liked the size and compartments better than most. IMG_20171221_105510.jpg IMG_20171221_105521.jpg IMG_20171221_105540.jpg

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have an intense teal-blue saucer that came with a teacup that I use for overnight (I adore the color and it makes me smile every day), and I have a stand-alone jewelry cabinet that was my mother’s where I keep most everything that I don’t wear every day. It’s not my favorite but it works for now.

SurfFL

Rough_Rock
Have a antique letterpress drawer that I lined with velvet and made ring and post earring holders out of foam covered in velvet, with a hinged lid with plexiglass insert so you are able to see everything without having to open the lid. Fits perfectly on a long dresser and with all the different size compartments makes it easy to see all pieces (that way I don't forget I have something and not wear it).

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a antique letterpress drawer that I lined with velvet and made ring and post earring holders out of foam covered in velvet, with a hinged lid with plexiglass insert so you are able to see everything without having to open the lid. Fits perfectly on a long dresser and with all the different size compartments makes it easy to see all pieces (that way I don't forget I have something and not wear it).
Sounds like a great idea! Can you post photos?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have anything dedicated to hold my ring.

I just set it down when I wash my hands.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep my ER and bands in a ring box my dh made for me. He enjoys woodworking and this is one of the first things he ever made.

handmaderingboxbydh.jpg

RINGBOXBYGREG.JPEG

Last edited:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Missy! That’s gorgeous!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Reporting back, as promised, on the Stackers Jewelry Box Trays.

Previously, I had one jewelry box, plus a separate one for my earrings and another for my pearls.

I'm actually pretty happy with the stackers. It's great to be able to select the specific trays which best suit an individual collection.

The only suggestion for improvement that I have is the trays could each do with being half to a centimeter or so deeper. Large / high settings on the rings are problematic for the top two trays and I had to put the bigger rings in the bottom tray otherwise the tray above wouldn't sit flush. Also, the bottom deep tray still wasn't deep enough for my cuffs and bangles.

And I still don't have enough trays = the Tahitians and South Sea pearls are a bit cramped and I will still have to store my freshwater pearls in a separate box.

Maybe I need a bigger safe....

Sorry - I'm having trouble loading pics - after an hour of trying - I'm giving up and will come back later to try again.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a great box- love your collection!

How are you finding it? Do the rings fit ok under the stacks? I’ve looked at a couple of boxes where the rings hit the lids.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I find the top tray is fine for most of my rings - the lid clears them. My large pearl and cocktail rings - they don’t fit so that is why they are in the deeper section next to my strands of pearls. Hope that helps.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find the top tray is fine for most of my rings - the lid clears them. My large pearl and cocktail rings - they don’t fit so that is why they are in the deeper section next to my strands of pearls. Hope that helps.
Thank you so much, yes, that’s helpful, I can go on and order one now (Christmas pressie from DH!). Looking forward to have my collection a bit more organised!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to bump this thread because it's the most recent one and I'm excited! So my husband and father in law made me a jewellery box over christmas holiday and it finally arrived. I'm only posting the outside because it's my job to decide how to finish on the inside and the drawers :D I'm torn between a black or a champagne velvet or a Robin's egg blue for it. It's such a fun problem to have! 20190117_195255.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to bump this thread because it's the most recent one and I'm excited! So my husband and father in law made me a jewellery box over christmas holiday and it finally arrived. I'm only posting the outside because it's my job to decide how to finish on the inside and the drawers :D I'm torn between a black or a champagne velvet or a Robin's egg blue for it. It's such a fun problem to have! 20190117_195255.jpg

A pop of bright color inside would be fun! That's a lovely box!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
A pop of bright color inside would be fun! That's a lovely box!
I think bright colour would be fun too! And thank you! I love it very much :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love this. Beautiful and meaningful. Created by two men who love you very much. :kiss2:
And my vote is Robin's egg blue.:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results