color
clarity

Jewelry box...advice needed please!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked into ordering this jewelry box recently:
4207C858-84A0-4EBE-8A6A-28D17F03ED8F.jpeg

The maker ran out of the blue velvet for the bottom of the compartments, but they do have the silk for the lid and the ribbon trim for the compartment sides. The silk is too delicate to be used in place of velvet.

Alternately, they have a brown that would match the leather exterior. Here’s my really amateur mockup of how that would look: B5D99670-3568-4DE0-A5C1-44A61C1A19AC.jpeg

Good in its own way, or pass?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matchy matchy me says “no”, sorry.
Do they have any other colours that they can do in silk / velvet so it’s the same ?
I wouldn’t buy it with brown velvet, but that me.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matchy matchy me says “no”, sorry.
Do they have any other colours that they can do in silk / velvet so it’s the same ?
I wouldn’t buy it with brown velvet, but that me.

There’s also navy, red, & green. The navy & red are too dark for my liking, but I did get the green in another style:
0C05E4FF-EB9A-40D0-A064-0DCC673C5A40.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you linky please? It's really pretty. I want to see their offerings and options

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have a nice jewelry box my husband bought me. I only keep my costume pieces in it. When my good jewelry is in the house I keep somewhere else in other storage containers, like easily hidden jewelry rolls. Jewelry boxes are thief magnets. They say: "good stuff here."

That said, I don't like the brown. How long until they get the blue in again?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you linky please? It's really pretty. I want to see their offerings and options
They’re from Bell and Bird in Austin.

I have a nice jewelry box my husband bought me. I only keep my costume pieces in it. When my good jewelry is in the house I keep somewhere else in other storage containers, like easily hidden jewelry rolls. Jewelry boxes are thief magnets. They say: "good stuff here."

That said, I don't like the brown. How long until they get the blue in again?
The boxes will be kept out of sight but I’ll enjoy them whenever I change my jewelry. I don’t think they will get the blue in again.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love the un-matchy.
FM

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd wait to get the blue you like.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks best with the blue.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
+1 for having the interior fabrics match. The green is a pleasing soft color and would match the brown exterior but, I agree with you the all blue/brown would be my first choice

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for taking the time to reply, everyone! I asked if the blue velvet can be ordered. If not, I will see if I can have it made with navy leather exterior and trim with the light green velvet, ribbon, and silk.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: my jewelry box came! My first choice of interior color, the peacock blue, wasn’t available so I went with contrasting navy and green instead. It’ll be so nice to consolidate my jewelry into one box instead of a bunch of smaller ones!

Details: handmade, brass closure, silk satin, hand-loomed French silk velvet

F47EC7D4-3D63-43F4-BF3C-43757B771CE3.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: my jewelry box came! My first choice of interior color, the peacock blue, wasn’t available so I went with contrasting navy and green instead. It’ll be so nice to consolidate my jewelry into one box instead of a bunch of smaller ones!

Details: handmade, brass closure, silk satin, hand-loomed French silk velvet

F47EC7D4-3D63-43F4-BF3C-43757B771CE3.jpeg

It's beautiful. The green is a lovely soft green and it goes so well with the navy. Love it.:love:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results