shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry appraiser in losangles area (Jewelry Judge)

teddym

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! so I am looking to get my wife's diamond appraised but I don't know the first thing about the appraisal process. I am in the LA area near Pasadena So if anyone has suggestions on who to go to I would greatly appreciate it. Also, has anyone heard of Jewelry Judge? is it a legit place? After doing an online search I found a Geoffrey A. Nelson of Jewelry Judge, has anyone heard of him?

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome @teddym

List of appraisers

You want an appraisal that has lots of detail and is close to what you paid for it + maybe 10% to account for inflation. Otherwise, you might
get a really high appraisal and end up paying high insurance premiums for no reason. If it is a branded stone make sure the appraiser knows
that and includes that info on the appraisal.

Hopefully, you'll get some PSers with some local info on appraisers.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patrick Davis (d/b/a GemSecure Jewelry Appraisals) - credentialed as a Master Gemologist Appraiser by the American Society of Appraisers - seems to have consistently received very positive reviews from PSers & on Yelp.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is who we use:

Gizelle Zohar GIA-G.G., G.P., A.J.P | Director
AMERICAN GEMOLOGICAL APPRAISAL

629 South Hill Street, Suite 501, Los Angeles, CA 90014
cell. 213.804.3035 | | ph: 213.327.0338| |
Email: info@americangemologicalappraisal.com | | [email protected]

Gizelle has an office on Hill St in the Jewelry District, and is very knowledgeable and reputable. Insurance Companies sometimes have her travel to visit clients when their jewelry is so valuable it would be too expensive to ship. :eek-2:

teddym

Rough_Rock
Nice! I’ll reach out and see if I can set something up! Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results