shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelery boxes in NYC?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Looking for a beautiful jewelery box in NYc to get for this weekend. Something prefereably wholesale, like those people who sell to the diamond dealers on 47th...?

Ok, even if it''s not wholesale, anyone know where to get a jewelery box (not the regular velvet, if I can help it) but a nice wood one with velvet trim perhaps...?

It''s for a graduation gift necklace I bought, and I was looking for something lovely...Help!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Are you looking for a box for just one piece, or like a regular jewelery box where you would keep a lot of your jewelery?

By the way, I can't answer this question. Sorry, I'm on the other coast!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I was always under the impression that you could walk into any jewelry store and buy one, though it may be harder to find a wooden box shaped for a necklace (my guess is they are more popular for ring boxes). Not sure if a real high end store would allow this, but I know my sister bought a bracelet at one place and didn't like the box it came with so went to another B&M store and bought a nicer box to go with it. It was like $6 or something silly. So since you work so close to the diamond district, you may try stopping in a few of those places, or perhaps if you have a jeweler that knows you as a good customer they might allow selling a box to you even if the necklace is not from there. Hope this helps!

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
You mean like these? For single item?

http://www.fetpak.com/whstore/main.pl/slist?16

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Good idea clownfish, I never assumed that they would sell boxes without buying their jewelery...hmm...

Daboyzmomi, I have to say that this website is great for later on, but I sort of liked this one necklace box, I just wish I didn't have to get at least 12 of them!
9.gif

Basically, I wanted to keep from getting a cheap-looking white box with that thin white stuff inside as "padding". Cardboard doesn't really feel like much of a display case for this necklace, you know...?

Thanks for the help guys, I am going to look around at lunch!
9.gif

Necklace box.jpg

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Not in NYC, but what about Fay Cullen?

http://www.jewelryboxes.net/newpages/jewelrybox_store11.html

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm...

There masn't be too many wood carvers in NYC, isn't it? Although jewelry boxes are a different story
2.gif

Here are a couple of weird options:

Green Tree
and one of their makers: (LINK) You may want to check the list of NY gallers on his page (LINK) although something is telling me that "cash-items" such as small ring boxed might not make it on dislay...

Somewhere well hidden, some of the finest marquestry is done in the US (and definitely the finest stone work) - but maybe ring boxes do not get all the attention, small as they are. Not sure the respective site is a valiant example, but both much better (and expensive) and much worse can be found on the good ol WWW
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! Sadly, VH, those require a $100 minimum purchase...
sad.gif
Also, it's for this weekend.

I found actually three stores on 46th Street that were wholesale jewelery box suppliers! One was totally unreceptive to selling one box, so we don't like them too much.

The second was Premier Display & Box Mfg. Corp, which was great! I got a lovely black leatherette case with black velvet lining just like the one I posted above. It's great! And only $8.50!
appl.gif

Next place (46 Jewelery Supply, Inc.) seemed cheaper, and had some great gemology and jeweler supplies, like the $85 loupe I saw...NICE! Weights, measures, drill bits, polishers for stones, and various looking torture (I mean jewelry!) equipment. I am looking into some of their neat gadgets next free lunch time to see if I can find something new and fun to play and research my gems with....
9.gif

Thanks again for the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results