shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler's Row in Philadelphia

reader

Brilliant_Rock
So, I am up here a couple days a week now, (Sundays and Mondays) until my transfer gets approved to this area and I can start my life over again. Don't laugh, but its been almost 20 years since I've lived in an area with massive public transportation, and I've never taken the SEPTA train by myself. I take it that taking a car into the city isn't a wise idea, so I am wondering...if I pick up the train in Downingtown, how do I find my way to Jeweler's Row? Would anyone want to meet up on a Sunday or a Monday? ( I can't Oct. 17, I promised I would take my boyfriend's mom to a gem show in King of Prussia.)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Philadelphia! The quickest way to get to Jewelers' Row is to get off the train at Market East station (at 11th & Market), go upstairs and outside to Market Street and walk east to 8th Street. (Or, you could stay inside The Gallery and walk to their 8th Street exit.) When you get to 8th Street, walk south for a block and you'll be a Jewelers' Row.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

Madame gave you great directions!

Since we're not allowed to give out personal info on PS it would probably be impossible to meet up ;(

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is arranging a meet giving out personal info? What about agreeing to a date, time and place on the board?

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I am free every Monday, and most Sundays, but since I get up to this area anywhere from 3am to 5 am Sunday, and need a bit of sleep, I am pretty worthless until the afternoon.

Would anyone like to meet up on a given Monday? We could pick a central place, give the address to that, and then perhaps wear the same colored shirts to make it easier to find each other?

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I was picturing several jewelers fighting

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux said:
Is arranging a meet giving out personal info? What about agreeing to a date, time and place on the board?

I think there's a special section for GTGs now, you have to email Ella first though. No real personal info allowed, but the things you mentioned are okay.

I'd love to have another Philly GTG someday, but weekdays are out for me now because I start my new job next Monday. If there's ever a weekend one, I'd try to make it, though! And reader, welcome to Philly!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the kind welcome. Would a Sunday afternoon work better?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Madam Bijoux said:

As long a no personal contact information is posted on the boards this is just fine.

We do have a members only forum for get togethers. When planning, once you have a location decided use the contact us button and ask me to start a thread for your GTG there. It is more private.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Octavia said:
Madam Bijoux said:

I think there's a special section for GTGs now, you have to email Ella first though. No real personal info allowed, but the things you mentioned are okay.

I'd love to have another Philly GTG someday, but weekdays are out for me now because I start my new job next Monday. If there's ever a weekend one, I'd try to make it, though! And reader, welcome to Philly!

Agreed..if there is ever a weekend one, I'll go!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Ella said:
Madam Bijoux said:

As long a no personal contact information is posted on the boards this is just fine.

We do have a members only forum for get togethers. When planning, once you have a location decided use the contact us button and ask me to start a thread for your GTG there. It is more private.

Thank you for your help! Wondering, would anyone be free to meet the first Sunday of October? The weekend of the tenth will be spent at the PA Ren Fest, and the seventeenth I am taking his mom to the gem show. If that date works, could someone who lives in the area full time suggest a meeting place?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A GTG would be fun! I've been to a small one in Philly, we met up for lunch in Chinatown for lunch and then went jewelery window shopping, it was such a great time! In fact, I met Jstar there and we've been friends ever since :) I recommend Penang, it's great food, friendly to all budgets, safe and well known, and most importantly, GREAT lighting for jewelry! And it's within walking distance to Jewelers Row.

If you guys do start one, could you please start a new thread so all the other Philly gals will know about it too? I won't be around the first sunday in Oct.

Honestly though, I wouldn't recommend a Sunday, most of Jewelers Row is closed that day.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I hadn't thought about things being closed, MTG! And of course, I posted before I thought last time, and can't do Sundays until after Christmas anyway because I'm taking a language class that eats up the entire middle of the day. Finding time is always so difficult!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Saturdays are my bugaboo, they only allow one of us off each Saturday! But, if I put in far enough in advance I might be able to get off. (Of course, I am also off Mondays if anyone has an odd schedule like mine)

I finally made it to Chinatown about a month ago with a group of 'local' friends. First time I had ever been in a Chinatown!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results