shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler in NYC for maintenance

Cyren

Rough_Rock
Looking for a jeweler in NYC for routine maintenance, prong checking and sizing, etc.

My engagement ring needs to be sized, his and my wedding rings need to be sized as well.

We bought my engagement ring from ID Jewlery, and for reasons I will elaborate on in my Show Me The Bling post/review, I’d rather go somewhere else.

Engagement ring: IDJ
Wedding rings: James Allen (we need a quarter size, and they told me they can’t (won’t?) size to a quarter size.

Thanks!

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Looking for a jeweler in NYC for routine maintenance, prong checking and sizing, etc.

My engagement ring needs to be sized, his and my wedding rings need to be sized as well.

We bought my engagement ring from ID Jewlery, and for reasons I will elaborate on in my Show Me The Bling post/review, I’d rather go somewhere else.

Engagement ring: IDJ
Wedding rings: James Allen (we need a quarter size, and they told me they can’t (won’t?) size to a quarter size.

Thanks!

I have had work done by GemKraft in NYC ask for Marcel Pevsner he will be able to do any kind of maintenance work for you.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Old Gold may be a good place to check, as they are pretty well-respected by many PSers. They’re on Long Island, I believe, but not 100% certain.

Cyren

Rough_Rock
I have had work done by GemKraft in NYC ask for Marcel Pevsner he will be able to do any kind of maintenance work for you.

Thank you! I will look them up.

Cyren

Rough_Rock
Good Old Gold may be a good place to check, as they are pretty well-respected by many PSers. They’re on Long Island, I believe, but not 100% certain.

Yes, they are beloved on the forums, for good reason. But it’s worth noting that they are two hours away from the city by train (one way!).

Last edited:

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I always use West End Jewelers

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they are beloved on the forums, for good reason. But it’s worth noting that they are two hours away from the city by train (one way!).

Oh wow, I did not know that (wasn’t aware of the proximity between the two). My apologies. :wavey:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Get in touch with Chris at Briallantly Engaged
His jeweler will do a great job for you
They are a PS vendor

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, can you please post pics of your e-ring and wedding bands? Are you currently wearing your wedding bands? If yes, have you been wearing them for long? I am asking because my advice will be to not size your rings until you are able to try and wear them in the summer. Most will have to deal with swollen fingers in the warm months and the last thing you will want is tight rings or the need to size again. My own ring size changes +\- 0.5, 0.75 sizes depending on the season and weather.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I always use West End Jewelers

Are they in Brooklyn by chance? I’ve been trying to find a decent jeweler in Brooklyn for years without much luck.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Are they in Brooklyn by chance? I’ve been trying to find a decent jeweler in Brooklyn for years without much luck.

Did a quick Google search and they are in Brooklyn could be wrong.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! That’s what I did too, just wanted to make sure it’s the same place.

Did a quick Google search and they are in Brooklyn could be wrong.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Yes they are! They are really good, I always do sizings and fix my jewelry there. They sized my mom's wedding set by two sizes, replaced multiple clasps on necklaces, and put my diamond back in place on antique ring using laser welding. The work and the prices are great.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! This is great to hear! And they’re not that far from me, I’ll definitely check them out!

Yes they are! They are really good, I always do sizings and fix my jewelry there. They sized my mom's wedding set by two sizes, replaced multiple clasps on necklaces, and put my diamond back in place on antique ring using laser welding. The work and the prices are great.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is great to know, thank you @Nikki1415. I would love to find a good jeweler in Brooklyn. Saving this for future reference.

(we need a quarter size, and they told me they can’t (won’t?) size to a quarter size.

@Cyren I never heard that before. Of course rings can be sized a quarter size (unless it is an eternity band and even then it is possible with a good bench person) and thank goodness they can be or many of us be wearing rings that didn't fit too well Good luck!

oldworlddiamonds

Rough_Rock
Trade
Happy to be of help if you'd like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results