shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler for bead necklace?

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
Hi there! I have a question for you all.

I asked a previous question about stone beads and pearls, which led me on a nice trail to pearls, but in the course of doing so, I found a vendor who was selling some nice lapis lazuli beads.

It reminded me that I always wanted a necklace like this: https://www.rubylane.com/item/1399379-Lapisx20Necklace/Lapis-Lazuli-Necklace-14k-gold-Beads

So, I bought some. They're a lovely color, undyed, and the stones are much prettier than some Chilean lapis I have.

So, I would like to have a necklace like the one linked to above, and it would probably be straightforward to make, but I am NOT crafty. I have some crafty friends I could rope into helping me with this, but...I want a nicely finished necklace that I know is solidly made and won't fall apart at some point (my friends are fab! But also casual hobbyists).

I feel weird walking into a jewelry store to ask them if they can make this for me...it seems so straightforward and the stores near me tend to do custom engagement rings.

Is this something a jeweler might do? Are there maybe Etsy jewelers you are aware of who do good work and who make necklaces like this?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you've got friends who do beading, making that will be really easy. Tigertail wire is really strong, as long as both ends are secured properly. I prefer to use crimping tubes, rather than beads, as they can be folded over for extra security. Crimp covers give a professional looking finish to a piece. If you source the spacer beads and clasp, I'm sure one of your beading friends will happily do it for you.

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
If you asked them to produce a clasp not unlike that, perhaps the order would not be too small.

Invisible clasp ?

Hmm...good point. That is an unusual clasp and I would love to have a clasp like that instead of a regular ring one.

I did some looking around and found a local store near me that advertises restringing of pearls and/or gem beads. They also do custom work, so maybe I could have them do a restring for me and ask them if they can make an invisible clasp for me.

Thanks for all your thoughts! I think I may have found the place for me and the clasp idea is a good one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results