shape
carat
color
clarity

JesusFreak found his Fiance's Blue Sapphire!!! The Story....

Jesusfreak

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Blue Sapphire experience:

It has been an interesting and fun experience looking for a Blue sapphire. It was tiresome at times and my patience was really tested for sure. I contacted and looked in just about every avenue I could think to look and it just took time and the grace of God for me to come across the stone at the time that I did.

The Background:
Its hard for us to see each other because she is currently in the town that I grew up and have my immediate family in which is 5 hours away. I went back there when I graduated College in 2010 and that's where I met her. However, I moved out of town for a great job, was given a company truck for work and the old personal truck that I owned through college started having too many issues to drive back to my hometown.

How I knew it would be Blue Sapphire:
The decision was made just days before her birthday in October 2012 to look for a ring. It started off with a traditional Diamond and we were both quickly turned off of them because of Blood diamonds. Shortly after watching a video, she immediately wanted a Blue Sapphire. I Immediately fell in love with Blue Sapphires and how much more it represented my uniqueness and always wanting to be different. I think of her as spicy and exotic coming from Colombia so it fit perfectly. It was also at her request when she saw a 12 minute video about people in Sierra Leon with the stories from the war in the 1990's and everything fit like a puzzle from there. Obviously, I got really into them and led me to find a "perfect Sapphire". I received one stone in the mail and saw another 3 in person. None of them amounted to my expectations so I didn't settle for any of them, Thankfully....even though my patience was tested greatly!!

The Proposal:
It was absolutely perfect timing for our 4th of July weekend together. Three days before she would arrive in town I found the perfect 2.68 carat oval Blue Sapphire, unheated with AGL report, appraisal, amazingly blue (In just about any lighting or condition!!!) with channel set F/VS quality Diamonds on the side (I sided with Diamonds for the sides because of a lesser likelihood of their impact Diamond mines using unfair practices because of their lesser value). So I set up the camera on the beach with a tripod and we start casually taking pictures of ourselves. Little did I know that the 50mm lens I picked up didn't act like a 50mm because it was on a crop sensor lens and with the camera being so far away to get the whole frame it was not accepting the signal from the wireless remote shutter. That was nerve wrecking because I wanted to capture when I did the kneel to catch the moment. I ended up video taping the whole thing instead which I am glad that I did because you can see everything.....besides the sound because it was windy. She said "Of Course" as soon as I knelt down before I even asked! It was a memorable event.

Now that we are engaged, we are excited about our future together. It has been hard because we both want to be together and for almost a year we have lived in different cities because of my job discovery. The stone search was heart wrenching but it really paid off in the end.

If you made it this far,

I appreciate your time and patience.

For all those out there, I appreciate all the help and support that you blessed us with. This experience has truly been a good one and I am sure I will still find myself coming back to help someone find that sapphire that they are looking for because I have definitely learned a lot in my search and its thank to everyone on this forum.

The Ring Pictures:
I was only able to get a few good pictures of the ring. I was not able to get the brilliance and sparkle that it shows with the AMAZING BLUE color that it inhibits. It looks amazing in just about ANY lighting. In doors you can still see its beautiful color and isn't black at all! Can you tell I am excited about it? hehe. It was funny because I would peer at it while she was here quite often. She couldn't stop looking at it herself. I even caught her in the video looking at it over my shoulder just after I popped the question and we were hugging.

On to the pics you go, if you haven't already. :)

Respectfully,

Ulysses

img_5013.jpg

img_1360.jpg

img_5391.jpg

img_1364.jpg

Jesusfreak

Rough_Rock
Re: JesusFreak found his Fiance's Blue Sapphire!!! The Story

Here are a few more pictures.

None of them really do justice for the Ring and that my first thought when I saw the ring in person. The vendor himself could not capture the beauty of the ring as well from his listed photos. The picture of us standing side by side was taken with an Iphone to send to the family and although it isnt the best overall quality, it captures the saturation of the stone better. The others show its sparkle. This one has it all!! I really love her and could only give her the best!!

Its just an incredibly Beautiful Stone!!

Thanks for looking.

Ulysses

_7923.jpg

img_5250.jpg

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats, Ulysses! I'm so glad your quest has ended in a ring you and your wife to be love so much! Come back and post some super macro shots when you have time so we can admire that blue sapphire!

Jesusfreak

Rough_Rock

Peacechick,

Thank you for your kinds words.

I am really happy that the search is over. But most importantly, I am glad that it turned out the way it did. I was tired of waiting. hehe.

I will definitely try to capture some macro shots. Hopefully the Photographer of our wedding can capture them but I doubt it. There is a talent to capture these stones.

Thanks again!

Ulysses

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Lovely sapphire & the ring is just beautiful. All your hard work paid off in spades. Congratulations! Hope your wedding is as terrific as it should be!

--_ Laurie

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations on finding the sapphire and congratulations on your engagement! The ring is beautiful.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations on your engagement and on finding your perfect stone / ring. :appl:

+1 for more photos.

Do you mind sharing .... who was the vendor that you ultimately purchased the sapphire from?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Gorgeous ring and hands! Congratulations!!

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats on the engagement and ring. You cannot just post pictures without the ring details either. :nono: :bigsmile:
1. Who is the sapphire vendor?
2. I presume he also provided the setting?
3. Stats of the sapphire (carat eight, measurements, etc).
4. MORE pictures, especially close ups of the ring.

Jesusfreak

Rough_Rock

Thanks for all the kind words.

I am sorry for not giving the dimensions.

The stone is 8.67 x 7.03 x 5.56mm (LxWxH). It has a weight of 2.68 carats. It is unheated and untreated in any way.

It came set in platinum and was from a Jeweler in Connecticut.

We are not in the same city at the moment so I will try to get some pics when I can.

Ulysses

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results