shape
carat
color
clarity

Jen's spinel ring....

jent

Rough_Rock
Well here they are- more pictures... I'm not sure what folks want to see- nor am I good with the camera, so please bear with me! The stone is ~2.5 ct. It has 3 white rutilations that cant really be seen without a loupe, except one when in bright direct sunlight. The rock nerd in me likes it, though! The first 2 pics were taken in direct sun- the slight silkyness can be seen. The 3rd one shows how it is often pomegranate colored. Enjoy!
silky%20sun%20sm.jpg silky%20sun%202%20sm.jpg pomegranate%20sm.jpg alishan%20side%20sm.jpg alishan%20hand%20sm.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah!!! Its beautiful Jen. I love it. Flawless Facets had so many beautiful (but expensive) spinels and now they are all gone. I am glad we got to see this one in its home.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks great on your finger!

MoZo

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring set. What are the specs on the side stones? There's a lot of pave there. The center stone is lovely.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Man, that is gorgeous!!!

jent

Rough_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1292786535|2801085 said:
Beautiful ring set. What are the specs on the side stones? There's a lot of pave there. The center stone is lovely.

Thanks, The rings are Alishan, G VS2 @ .36 cttw and .8 on the wedding band. They are quite substantial, so different from my original wedding set. I had originally planned on a halo or 3 stone ring from LM but once I 'met' the stone in person I decided that it needing a different setting. Plus, once after several back and forths with Leon I decided it wasn't worth the trouble, but that's for another thread *rolleyes*

jent

Rough_Rock
herekittykitty|1292776838|2800971 said:
Yeah!!! Its beautiful Jen. I love it. Flawless Facets had so many beautiful (but expensive) spinels and now they are all gone. I am glad we got to see this one in its home.

re: price Yep... but I think my husband was just relieved that I didnt want a diamond that size! :lol:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
You'll always be able to get a diamond that size. Spinels are more rare and may be in short supply one day.

jent

Rough_Rock
herekittykitty|1292788383|2801104 said:
You'll always be able to get a diamond that size. Spinels are more rare and may be in short supply one day.

My thoughts exactly- Diamonds are nice- but they are a one trick pony, all sparkle and that's it. Plus, I just got my ring on thanksgiving and I have received so my compliments on it. This stone can be seen from across the room and it is totally different. My friends think I'm nuts for not getting a diamond but I LOVE my stone!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jen, I absolutely love your set. The yellow gold does lovely things to the colour of the spinel. Wear it in good health!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Love that set in yellow gold! it is gorgeous!!!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is a beauty! I saw it on Jim's website, and thought it was lovely. :love: Still do.

Do you have other colored stones?

I think it is so cool when people use colored stones as wedding rings, it's SO much more unique.

Don't you love the way CS change in different lights? It's like a toy around your finger, something to play with all day! :appl:

pixies

Shiny_Rock
I loooove the wedding band! It's so different. The set looks perfect together. The yellow gold really makes your beautiful spinel pop!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
herekittykitty|1292788383|2801104 said:

The good ones already are. Congratulations and wear your set in good health!

jent

Rough_Rock
iLander|1292807479|2801326 said:
This is a beauty! I saw it on Jim's website, and thought it was lovely. :love: Still do.

Do you have other colored stones?

I have some, but nothing mentionable. I am more of a rock, fossil and mineral girl (is that a crime to say on this forum? haha). That is not to say I don't love colored stones; I'm embarrassed to admit how much time I spend ogling stones online per week! I have a wish list I am starting on next year :naughty:

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Jen,
I'd love to hear more about your minerals. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this your e-ring? It’s a beautiful ring. Thanks for sharing it with us.

jent

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1292854754|2801659 said:
Is this your e-ring? It’s a beautiful ring. Thanks for sharing it with us.

My original e-ring was a dainty, om cut ring from my husbands family; this is my 11th anniv. wedding set upgrade.

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love the setting you chose, Jen. It looks amazing with the spinel. Thanks for all the compliments on the gemstone everyone. I was very happy it went to a good home. Jen was a great client to work with.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Jim, are all those beautiful Mahenges you had really gone before I had a chance to rob a bank?

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Well at the moment they are stuck in Australian customs, but yes they are all gone. I am sure I will be doing more in the future however.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What fantastic color that stone has! :appl:

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set! :))

jent

Rough_Rock
Jim Rentfrow|1292882730|2802068 said:
I love the setting you chose, Jen. It looks amazing with the spinel. Thanks for all the compliments on the gemstone everyone.

Hi Jim! Thanks again- it is truly stunning. I joked that I was going to have some kind of accident (walking into walls, falling off clifs, etc..) because I kept staring at my ring!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
How lovely! That is really a stunning set. Could you describe your experience working with Alishan a little more? And, when you have time, could you post some photos of the profile of the spinel in its setting?

I love the way the set looks on your hand. Oh, to have long, slim fingers.....!

jent

Rough_Rock
Aoife|1292942838|2802754 said:
Could you describe your experience working with Alishan a little more? And, when you have time, could you post some photos of the profile of the spinel in its setting?

I'm glad you think my fingers look slim, I was thinking how fat and crooked they are! Working with Alishan was great, I went through a local jewelry store. All of my questions were answered quickly and politely over the phone. I was quoted a wait time of 4-6 weeks, it took about 5 weeks. While I did not change the ring at all, it is available in any combination of golds/platinum, cutouts/plain, diamonds/more or less. A great experience. My finger is a size 5.5 and the stone sits about 5mm or .25 in high. I asked him to set it as low as possible. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!

side sm.jpg

profile.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous spinel, and the setting is beautiful, I love the shank is different from the norm.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful Jen! I love the shape of the shank too!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a regal set!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting the profile shots. The details on the rings are very interesting, and the new shots really show that. Congratulations on your new set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results