shape
carat
color
clarity

Jenna Bush wedding photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
***this is a politics-free thread...please only comment on important things...like dresses and hairstyles****

I think her dress was gorgeous!

jenna_bush3.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely but simple cake as well - I can''t really tell what the detail looks like though. And its freaking tall!

jenna_bush9.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like she chose no veil as well...

jenna_bush2.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
reception

jenna_bush8.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of the sister''s dress? Apprently there were 14 bridesmaids....

jenna_bush5.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Final shot of the happy couple...everything being said, I think their photographer got some great shots...not photojournalistic at all, which is a trend, but still lovely. eta: All the original photos are on people.com

jenna_bush1.jpg

Personally, her dress does NOTHING for me... I love lace dresses, in fact, have a infactualtion with them, but her''s looks to thick.. almost like a dollie...

A tablecloth...

Uhhhh, my grandmother''s bedspread...

*retracts claws*

That sounded harsh !!!!

Otherwise, I think her wedidng looked beautiful !!!

Good lord... I should delete this...
20.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, I think her dress is pure gorgeousness!!! And, I think her hair is just so perfect!! So simple and natural and fits in so well with the theme. I love the the natural, laidback theme of her wedding! She was a beautiful bride.

Her sis on the other hand, needs to do something with her hair and needs to take a step back IMHO. I do not care for her dress very much either, but could just be that you can''t see very much of it in that shot.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The dress and MOB dress is Oscar de la Renta
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love the dress; it is so beautiful and classic looking!!!
Also, it looks like they had a beautiful sunset from the colors in the pictures. It looks like a picture perfect wedding.
9.gif

mjso

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad you started this thread...I saw the pics on ABCnews.com yesterday and was thinking aout starting a thread on it, but I didn''t know if it would be controversial

She and I obviously have completely different taste. I''m not a fan of lace (too girly for me, I can see why some people love it). Although I do think the dress looks nice on her.

On the other hand I don''t know what is up with the bridesmaids attire AT ALL. Firstly, they look almost Grecian, but it doesn''t look like anything else fits into that "theme". Secondly, they are practically white, or at least bridal color. Which could just be the photos, but it is almost like "who''s the bride?" in the picture with just the immediate family. Third, there this a picture where you can see that she was wearing a floral wreath in her hair. I don''t think that Barbara looked bad, I just don''t think that it really looked like it fit in with the rest of the wedding and I think it was a little too "bridal" for all of the bridesmaids.

They look really happy though and I''m really impressed that everything (although I''m sure it cost a ton) looks very simple/elegant, instead of gaudy "I''m the President''s daughter so I can have anything I want". So Kudos to her for that!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think her dress is stunning! She looks beautiful.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Not my style of dress, but I think she looks radiantly happy. She looks so full of joy I''m not even looking at the dress, though it looks nice on her. Didn''t need a veil! I looks like the wedding reflected the couple and didn''t take on the "it has something for everyone" feeling, which is always nice to see.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the color combo of the flowers at the reception- center pieces and around the cake- the soft greens, blues, purples and whites. However, does the top layer of the cake look a bit crooked to anyone else? I guess it's nice to know that not everything goes perfectly for even a first daughter's wedding!

ETA: Not sure if I'm feeling the huge daisy puff (or whatever it is) hanging from the tent ceiling at the reception, but I give them credit for trying something different.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed the crookedness of the cake as well, though I wasn''t sure if it was the camera angle. But if you look closely, part of that top tier seems to be smudged...maybe it fell off and they had to do emergency cake surgery?

=)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
The dress is pretty but I have to agree with BECG, the lace is a bit "thick" for my tastes (BECG, good thing Oscar isn''t dressing us, huh?) Seriously, I do think most of de la Renta''s bridal collection is amazing. He always does my fav dresses, but that lace is just thick...But the lines are lovely and her hair looks very pretty.

Her sister look okay but...what is UP with that weirdo pose she''s doing? Looks so weird. I saw another family photo and she was doing this weird pose too. Like someone took her aside and said "hey, this is how models pose so do it..." It''s so distracting all I see is the sister and her bizarre pose...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It was nice to see that the photos by their lake turned out beautifully; we had crappy weather in Central TX that day. Lots of humidity and haze. Having the whole shebang outdoors could not have been very comfortable.

Loved the dress; was hoping she would wear her hair up with a long veil underneath the updo. But she looked positively radiant.

The simple and rustic look of the limestone altar and cross were perfect in my book. But then, I am a Texan; albeit a transplanted one. The huge blue/white urns for the white altar flowers were gorgeous.

MSN.com has a story that gives more details that even we (almost) local folks knew. She had her rehearsal dinner and after party in Salado; they didn''t know it was the Bush wedding until the day before. (Salado was the site of my wedding.)

All in all, it appears that it was a lovely wedding -- very personal -- very family oriented. And kudos to her for not wanting the media circus and social crapola of a WH wedding. Well done, Jenna.
36.gif
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree the lace is too thick, but I think she looks lovely. Her wedding looks very 'real'-- I like that. You know? Not everything is perfect and photo ready. Looks accessible.

Her MOH dress looks like something I can see Diana, Wonder Woman, wearing especially that belt... and what IS up with that pose. Distracting. Jenna looks very genuine... the sis just doesn't.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think her dress looks stunning and elegant!! A truly beautiful wedding all around! And I think her sister looks beautiful, too. Good grief, I wish I could look that good in pictures!

My understanding is that the bridesmaids were not really bridesmaids. I think they did wear coordinated dresses in different colors, perhaps coordinating with the flower colors from what I recall reading. I am thinking that I read that they came down the aisle but were seated near the front rather than standing. I think her sister was the one attendant.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!I''m not the only one who saw the cake thing! There is another thread (I think in Hangout) with a link to the pics-and that was the first thing I saw.

I do think she looks gorgeous though.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
I have to say, I was very surprised to see her looking very natural...I thought that she would have gone more "polished" (not sure if that makes sense). She looked really lovely in my opinion, and also very happy.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
While it isn''t a dress that I would choose for myself, it looks drop dead gorgeous on Jenna!! She has such a lovely slim figure.

I looked at the enormous cake and liked its simplicity. Maybe it''s crooked; maybe it''s just the angle. Whatever....

Everyone looks great, although Mrs. Bush could have chosen a more figure- flattering dress. She definitely has the body to show it, but it''s obvious that she made it a point NOT to upstage her daughter. Good for you, Mom!!

I must bring up people.com for all the news and more pics
36.gif
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope it''s definitely crooked. I''m guessing it happened when it was assembled, because I''m willing to bet it wasn''t delivered totally assembled. A cake with that many tiers and covered in fondant will weigh around a hundred pounds. It looks like someone made some kind of adjustment-and screwed it up. Which sucks.

I''m wondering if a local bakery made it or if they flew in the White House pastry chef to make it.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm. Well, I don''t think the dress does much for her figure, but she does look really happy and they all look like they''re having fun! I love the relative simplicity -- seems like it was very personal.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I really adore Mrs. Bush's MOB dress. She strikes me as so classy.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I just assumed the cake looked a bit off because they''d already started cutting it. I love, love, love the style of Jenna''s dress -- it''s very much like what I''m picturing for myself -- but I agree that a little lighter weight lace might flow better. All in all, though, she looked wonderful!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I noticed the cake as well. That was the first thing I noticed when I saw that picture. I really like Jenna''s dress but I didn''t like Barbara''s dress too much. Someone mentioned Grecian -- I totally agree. It didn''t seem to fit. Did all of the BMs wear this dress or a dress in this style? It didn''t seem to fit the laid back, somewhat casual ranch style I thought Jenna and Henry were after. I say that like I know them!

Overall, I really like the photos, especially the last one. They do look like such a real couple, and I love that. You''d never know who she''s related to. Hopefully that makes sense.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think they could make a cake like that with buttercream? Or is it a fondant-only style?

julabean

Shiny_Rock
I think her dress is lovely, but am I the only one who thinks her hair doesn''t really match the dress? I don''t know. I got distracted by the hair the first time I saw the pictures and thought it detracted from the lovely gown.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it looks as though the cake is pretty well shaped except for the top layer, which is just off. So that''s why I''m thinking that it either wasn''t set right or someone messed it up last minute.

Rockzilla-yes a cake can be made to look like that with buttercream instead-the only thing would be that the edges of the cakes would be about an 90% angle instead of rounded. The rounded shape is due to the sharp edge of the cake not cutting into the fondant once it''s placed on it. And you can probably achieve the rounded edges with buttercream, but IMHO it would be too much time consuming work and not enough of a difference.

I still think it all looks fabulous though. I especially like the flowers under the cake. They are really pretty.

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
maybe it''s just me, but does anyone else think that her husband bears an eerie resemblance to her father? especially in the cake picture...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results