shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeffery Davies Mahenge Garnet in LAD/CvB Rendezvous

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
When I was selecting setting for my new oec, Rendezvous was very heavy contender to Zoe. I loved everything of R. but I wanted solitaire look, with some twist, for my ring finger. So Zoe won that game. And I have to admit I was scary that Rendezvous would be too massive with all it's georgeness. So only a month later I contacted Erica again and asked if I could have it. And boy, I really don't regret. I know... it is expensive setting and I don't know if it'd really deserves a gorgeous diamond. Or stunning sapphire. Or any other more valued gem. But after upgrading my oec there wasn't any chance or will to spend huge amount right now. Maybe later. I contacted Brett at Kosnar Gems, but he hasn't any suitable rough available. He was very nice and helpful. I contacted Litnon and Westview Gems, but none answered. Then I remembered Jeffery, from whom I purchased amethyst couple of year ago. I mailed to him and he found a rough for me. He ended to custom cut beautiful and very sparkly Mahenge garnet to my setting. He was very easy to work with and seems to be quite busy now a days. There wasn't any chance to get pics in different lights or even just natural daylight. So kind of blind buy, because I don't have skill to read his photos or videos. Now, when I have stone in my hand, only I can say is that pics weren't very accurate. IRL stone is darker. Indeed I think it's prettier IRL.
I'm still waiting exactly stats from Erica for Rendezvous. She seem to have hard time to find them. About 1.5cwt, platinum and size 6 is all I know.

May I introduse my Rendezvous :appl:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mGBRZNdfLGI

_5590.jpeg

_5591.jpeg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
...nice finger coverage, right?

_5599.jpeg

_5600.jpeg

_5602.jpeg

_5601.jpeg

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: I have always loved that setting too. Congrats on such a beautiful ring.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
aac2013, thanks. It really is beautiful. And ultimately comfortable although quite...big :lol:

First pic shows faceting, on second shifts to lilac and last one under bathroom halogen...RED!

_5606.jpeg

_5607.jpeg

_5608.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh SO beautiful!
:love:

cheers--Sharon

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gahhhh I am drooling on my keyboard over this one!!! Rendezvous has been one of my all-time favorite settings for a while, I just love all the details from every angle. And I think the garnet compliments it perfectly and provides a wonderful pop of color. Congrats on such a great piece!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you started a new thread for your stunning ring so we can enjoy even more pics!!! It's such a stunning design. I cannot believe the gorgeous detailing in the setting. These are french cuts in the halo and shank?

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perfection achieved!
Stunning ring and gemstone, wear it in good health :angel:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy GAWD... this is beautiful! [emoji7]

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
That setting looks amazing with a CS and that stone!!! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and setting, thanks for sharing, and no doubt it has a high stone vs setting ratio!!!

DK :love:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shut.The.Front.Door! This is amazeballs!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal, thanks! I like it alot!

lovedogs, thank You. I never guessed it ended up to my finger when I saw it first time last year on Erica's pics...and here we are.

Acinom, thanks. You have so many beautiful stones with amazing settings that I sometimes feel ring envy. Rendezvous helps me a bit in my pain... This setting is so detailed and well crafted, it makes me wonder how it is even possible to make such thing. And yes, french cuts. They are magical. I feel lucky I have such talented piece.k

Gloria27, thanks!

msop04, thank You. You have most beautiful new ring and I always come back to drool Your thread. Again and again. There is nothing as beautiful than plain, HUGE solitaire. It's perfect.

NKOTB, thank You. I drooled Your pear with halo this summer and finally I realized I like pears...maybe some nice colored stone pear fits my finger...we'll see...

lorissey, thanks.

dk186, thanks! I follow Your thread and I like Your bold style. I used to wear more substantial rings before PS but I seem to be victim of vogue, which prefer daintier rings now a days...

Asscherhalo_lover, thanks. I have always loved asscher shape, but never had any. I remember when I saw DreamerD's octagon setting with her stunning diamond I was in love.i never searched setting like it purposely but now I have two octagon shape ring and I think they are my substitute. Asscher in size with finger coverage enough is out of my reach.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a spectacular ring. The color on your garnet is so gorgeous!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
This beauty makes my old hand looks much nicer

_5635.jpeg

_5637.jpeg

_5638.jpeg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
derbygal, thanks :wavey:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Awww...thanks. I'm so excited I forgot that thread. It's better to stay away from there...too many temptations. Many thanks, Acinom. Here was very rainy day so I have plenty of time to drool my new treasure. And I though I'll share part of it with all of you :lol:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I so love that you chose a beautiful colored stone for this fantastic setting. Lovely! :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
LisaRN and Siameseroo, thanks :wavey:

Can't stop...

_5661.jpeg

_5660.jpeg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Sun is shining!!!

_5684.jpeg

_5685.jpeg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw this...AMAZING setting...easy to see why you couldn't resist. I love garnets for their general affordability and beautiful range of colors. Yours ring is a perfect combination :love:

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Either the setting or the stone would be amazing just by themselves. But put them together... Time to get a bib to catch my drool!!

I love how your stone has some shift to it, but in all the photos you have the color looks great. So many garnets have not-so-great sides to their shifty personalities.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've admired that setting for the longest time, ever since Erica had it, and it looks perfect with the beautiful Mahenge garnet. I love the contrast of the peachy pink color with the sparkly diamonds. :love:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
confection10. You have achieved perfection with his combination: stone, setting, coloring that looks beautiful with your skin tone. The color variation in that mahenge garnet is spectacular. Thanks for posting so many pictures. I am enjoying each and every one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results