shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Yellow Cushion Zircon

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I am a longtime lurker here, who is finally posting. I purchased a 9.9 mm yellow cushion zircon from Jeff's most recent batch of stones. Any suggestions for how to set it?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Sounds interesting! Do you have any photos?

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This one?

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-05%2010:54:06.png

Lovely, and huge! Maybe just say no to halo on this one because of the size?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you plan to halo it or keep it simple?
Traditional square or set it "tilted" in a kite fashion (points at NSEW)?

I adore Thmbok's BGD set Jeff White aquamarine. It's simplicity only further plays up the beauty of the stone and is suited to a large sized stone, much like yours. Since your zircon is yellow, I think I'd do a yellow gold setting though.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jeff-white-aquamarine-in-brian-gavin-pendant.168071/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jeff-white-aquamarine-in-brian-gavin-pendant.168071/[/URL]

aquapendantsunlight.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a masterpiece! Please let us know when you have it and can take gorgeousl pics of it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Me too!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
All these beautiful yellow zircons lately! :love: :love:

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! I love the kite set pendant idea!

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful cut - I'm sure it's mad fiery! Enjoy, and do post your own photos when you have the opportunity. :bigsmile:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Yes please post more pics!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that zircon looks like a gorgeous slice of sunshine - it makes me happy just looking at it! :bigsmile:

If it were mine, I'd set it with diamond melee to play up the color with some contrast. I love the look of vivid yellow and bright white together.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
very pretty!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
corundum_conundrum|1354752593|3323587 said:
This one?

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-05%2010:54:06.png

Lovely, and huge! Maybe just say no to halo on this one because of the size?

Yes, that's the one! I love the Kite idea suggested by Chrono.

I haven't received the stone yet, but will take pics as soon as I do. I think I need to make some more posts though as I don't seem to be able to post pics. I wanted to post some pics of my wedding rings, including my sapphire three stone engagement ring, and some pics of a couple of projects you PS'rs have inspired me to have made. I now have a 5 stone trellis diamond ring, .43 and .44 stones, a blue sapphire LOGR halo, and a few other things thanks to this Board.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I should mention that I am generally a yellow gold person, and I am leaning towards a yellow gold pendant. I just can't decide if I want to set the stone on its own, or with some diamond accents. I will probably wait until I have the stone in hand before I decide.

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments here.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Anxiously awaiting my stone. Think it might be stuck in customs.

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love yellow on yellow! I have seen great examples with both more of a monchromatic look, but also a kind of two-tone yellow (using a lower or higher carat gold to achieve a different hue).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will look fabulous in yellow gold, especially high karat gold.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
My stone arrived today. After getting over the shock of the huge amount of duty I had to pay for it, I am in love. It is even sparklier than Jeff's photos. I will try to take some photos myself tonight or tomorrow and share them with you all.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Now that I have the stone, I love it so much I am thinking about a ring. It is too big for everyday wear anyway, so it would probably be fine if set properly. I took some pics in my bathroom tonight, I will see if I can figure out how to post them. That yellow gold sapphire ring is pretty spectacular, thanks for referencing it.

Ok, I think I posted a pic. I will see if it worked before I try to post others!

_2346.jpg

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
[attachment=0]_2348.jpg[/attachment. More pics.

_2347.jpg

_2348.jpg

_2349.jpg

_2350.jpg

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Now I realize just how difficult it is to take good photos!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do be extra cautious with zircon in a ring. They can chip easily and the facet edges wear down (abrasion) sooner than most stones, hence are better as earrings and pendants.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice, I know a pendant is probably best for the stone, I am just enjoying looking at it on my hand.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The temptation is understandable; the zircon's high RI makes it so incredibly sparkly that I would want to see it all the time myself.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I am actually leaning toward the kite style pendant you already suggested Chrono. It is a lovely, simple setting, and I may be able to wear it with the 1carat white bezel diamond on a yellow gold chain that I seem to wear most of the time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a little confused; are you planning to wear 2 pendants on the same chain? :confused:

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, no - I will have two different chains, but I may wear both of them at the same time. I am starting to think I may wish some melee around the zircon though, in which case, I will wear the zircon pendant alone as it will be more of an "event" piece.

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WOW! awesome stone. Such a sunny buttery yellow!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only imagine how brilliant and sparkly the stone is! Knowing its Jeff's cutting, I imagine I would spend all my time staring into it for its flashing dance and facet reflection...happy sigh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results