shape
carat
color
clarity

JC Penney Furniture? Daybeds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance and I are looking to get a daybed for the guest room of our new apartment. Has anyone had experience with JC Penney furniture before?

Here is the one we are considering:

Blair daybed

Which is a ripoff of this (more expensive) pottery barn one:

Charlotte daybed

Anyone ordered JC penney furniture before? Thoughts on quality? Doesn''t have to be the top-of-the-line (it is for the guest room, not our bed, and will be used occasionally).

Alternately, has anyone seen any good similar daybeds elsewhere? We are in the LA area if that helps.

blair.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Are you getting the frame or a mattress with it too? I had two JC Penney daybeds when I was growing up (10-15 years ago), and the quality with JC Penney furniture was always fine but the mattress was pretty lousy - not horrible if someone is just staying the night, but definitely not ok for everyday use. For the one in my bedroom (we had one in the guest room also), the 'rents just bought a different mattress.

BTW - I think that one pictured is ADORABLE!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have experience with their beds, but our dining set came from JCP.

I ordered it online, it came quickly. It was one that you had to do a little work yourself. We had 6 chairs put together and the table had three legs on it when we realized one of the legs was cut wrong (the slot where it should fasten to the table was too narrow by about 3"). DH and I are mechanically inclined so we just took it out to the radial arm saw, trimmed it, sanded the area and sealed the wood. We''ve had it since last Nov. and use it for eating, crafting, puzzles, all the usual and it looks great. So, I have no complaints, but if you''re not handy or don''t have tools for possible problems, I''d inspect every part before spending any time on putting it together.

btw- I think that''s an adorable bed.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
It fits a regular twin mattress, which we''ll be buying at our local mattress place.

Sounds like people have had decent experience with JCP

Anyone else?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven''t had bedroom furniture experience, but I have two sets of living room/family room furniture: two couches, three chairs and two ottomans and they''ve held up well. The fabric on one set is a chennille and hasn''t been as durable to the delicate fabric. I knew that would be the case, but it''s such a cute couch that we''re enjoying it anyway.

I''d buy from there again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results