shape
carat
color
clarity

JbEG Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you may remember I purchased a gorgeous 2ct cushion from JbEG almost 2 years ago which I had set in a custom made Mark Morrell trellis setting. While I loved the cushion I just could never seem to let go of my desire for an OEC, so after much back and forth and endless patience on Grace and Erica''s part they found another buyer for the cushion (hope the new owner is enjoying it!) I and set Grace and Erica the task of sourcing me a 2ct OEC.

Well I think I can safely say they far exceeded my brief as they found me a gorgeous 2.93 K/L/M VS2 OEC (measures 8.61 x 8.62) and Grace and their jeweller went above and beyond to modify my original setting to accommodate the stone. The end result is this beauty which I just received yesterday:

jbeg1a.jpg

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It''s gorgeous!! can''t wait to see more pictures!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my heavens! That is just a gorgeous ring! I completely understand your situation though in reverse. I bought an OEC and just couldn''t get over wanting a cushion! LOL

Congratulations to you!
30.gif
30.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
I originally hesitated about this stone because I wasn''t sure how I would feel about the colour, but having seen it in person I''m SO glad I listened to Grace. Lesson learned - trust Grace''s judgment. Photo credit must also go to Grace as I am currently having camera issues and am unable to take my own. I am trying to upload some more photos but seem to be having some trouble... Will keep trying

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Trying again

jbeg3a.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!!!!!!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
So that''s the MJM setting? Awesome! I loved that ring of yours. I wanted to buy it in the worst way but there''s no way I could ever wear a size that small and I would have hated to try to alter it.

And THAT''s where the 2.93 went! I heard of it but never got to see it! Lovely.

I''m trying to close a deal quickly so I can buy that new "Sophie" ring they have just come out with. With any luck that will be mine shortly.

eddy12

Rough_Rock
Trade
are you going to buy the 4ct stone that went with it??!! Lucky you. Iys beautiful

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my heavenly Lord!! That is gorgeous!!! Congratulations on the alteration to the setting. It looks perfect!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Its gorgeous!! Congrats on your lovely large rock!
30.gif
36.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s lovely! Everything I love about OECs in one sparkly package. I remember your original one, how cool that it fits in the same setting.( KLM is my favorite color range for older stones- warm but not yellow.)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I love OEC''s!!! Congrats on not settling and getting your hearts desire. It''s beautiful.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Amazing!

cheers--Sharon

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Swooooon - it''s so beautiful!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That''s a stunner!

brilliance4me

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 6:21:59 PM
Author: softly softly
Next one
softly softly, your 2.93 upgrade is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY
3.gif
! Love the chunky-ness and LOVE the Huge-ness! It is BEEEE-U-TEE-FULL
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
wowwsa !

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Chunky goodness coming in for landing!

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the kind words every one - I really am thrilled with the ring, and so happy I was able to use my existing setting.

Trader - how exciting you are hoping to bag the lovely Sophie ring. Fingers crossed it works out for you. It looks amazing in the photos, and I can't deny that Erica and Grace source some amazing rocks! I can vouch for the workmanship as Grace says the same bench did the modifications on my ring.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif
I want this ring
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOVELY!!!!! Enjoy it!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I just love the look of old stones and that one is gorgeous! Congratultions!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly mother of Bling. GORGEOUS!!!

penskip

Rough_Rock
Hi SS

Your new stone is beautiful!!! Congratulations! I love the way it looks in your old setting. I almost bought an OEC but similar (yet opposite) to you had always been drawn to antique cushions. Needless to say, I was the one who bought your cushion and I think it is such a pretty stone. It is being set by LM (solitaire). When it was appraised, the appraiser noted an inclusion at the 6 o''clock (or 12 o''clock - or 3 and 9 the way you had it set). Were you ever able to notice it? Did the stone collect dirt/dust in that area? Did you ever notice a yellow tint in certain lighting (it was graded as a J against a GIA master set)? Sorry for the many questions but I am curious as to how it looked wearing it day to day.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful OEC!!! It''s absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Huge & gorgeous! Love it!

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh, you are wearing my dream ring!! That stone is beyond stunning. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results