shape
carat
color
clarity

JannPaul Reviews/Testimonials?

ssaratan

Rough_Rock
What are thoughts on JannPaul decagon and craftsmanship on their custom settings? Thinking about it, but I'm not sure about the ranges that they provide for Color and Clarity.

I was thinking of around 2.5 CT/IF-VVS1 (maybe VVS2)/D Color, but since their larger diamonds are grown to order, there is no guarantee.

Also I am based in the US, is shipping free?

Also how do people feel about the warranty process? They noted that you'd have to pay half for shipping which is $300 or so for permit and insurance...

Vs Local Jewelers/US Retailers offer free cleaning/resizing/polishing annually. I think their delivery/presentation box looks better than US Retailers though...

Definitely want something more unique especially since I'm going for LGD... Trying to decide between Decagon or around 10 H/A

Anyone else going through the ordering process can provide some feedback before I send them money?

Are their prices negotiatable? I know they’re pretty transparent and stick to their web listed priced. I know some people had to pay more in terms of USD due to SGD becoming stronger, but the SGD price remained the same.

Is their diamonds priced reasonable or is there a big markup for their price ranges.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I am in the process of working with them for an EC 3 stone ring and a pair of decagon earrings.
You are definitely paying more for their premium stones. The reason I went with them was I started out with Earth Grown (EG) and just it kept getting more and more pricey and I decided to look at Lab Grown (LG). I think it's much easier to find a great round diamond online but with EC's you really have to see them so I ordered a couple but wasn't happy with them. The pros on here said that you pay a premium for JP, but they have extremely strict guidelines and standards for their diamonds and I shouldn't have any worries about buying from them.
So, as the price, while being higher, was no where near EG, I decided to go with them and in the process ordered the decagons because I loved them and am still way under my EG price.
I am working with Avery and she has been very gracious and helpful. They charged me the exact exchange rate on that day for my USD. They are growing the main EC and the decagons now. The specs for the two side stones which they had in stock and reserved are: .52 E VVS1 and .51D VVS2.

So, as far as quality, I don't have any worries and I know I am paying more, but I am OK with that.
Hope this helps.

ssaratan

Rough_Rock
Confirmed that shipping is insured/free for the first time... That said, it still costs about $300 for shipping for warranty/cleanings.

ssaratan

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of working with them for an EC 3 stone ring and a pair of decagon earrings.
You are definitely paying more for their premium stones. The reason I went with them was I started out with Earth Grown (EG) and just it kept getting more and more pricey and I decided to look at Lab Grown (LG). I think it's much easier to find a great round diamond online but with EC's you really have to see them so I ordered a couple but wasn't happy with them. The pros on here said that you pay a premium for JP, but they have extremely strict guidelines and standards for their diamonds and I shouldn't have any worries about buying from them.
So, as the price, while being higher, was no where near EG, I decided to go with them and in the process ordered the decagons because I loved them and am still way under my EG price.
I am working with Avery and she has been very gracious and helpful. They charged me the exact exchange rate on that day for my USD. They are growing the main EC and the decagons now. The specs for the two side stones which they had in stock and reserved are: .52 E VVS1 and .51D VVS2.

So, as far as quality, I don't have any worries and I know I am paying more, but I am OK with that.
Hope this helps.

Yeah, I was thinking EG 2.0 VS1 - VVS1 D-F, from Costco around 25-30k, but then came to a realization that it's not about the $$ or value as the entire industry is a marketing scam...

Going for the Decagon!

How many months did you wait for the growing process and were there routine updates? How fast was the shipping?

As for the exchange rate that she charged, are you saying the charged you the more favorable exchange rate that from 6+ months ago?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Confirmed that shipping is insured/free for the first time... That said, it still costs about $300 for shipping for warranty/cleanings.

Cleaning is the easy part: you can simply use a extra soft bristle infant toothbrush, some gentle dish soap, and warm water. Many local jewelers would be happy to clean either free or a very small fee.

Warranty issues: rare...if it's a big enough issue to warrant having to send it back, then it's probably a once in the entire ownership of a thing, especially if the ring is well cared for and treated with heightened awareness to avoid knocking things around. But, accidents do happen.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I was thinking EG 2.0 VS1 - VVS1 D-F, from Costco around 25-30k, but then came to a realization that it's not about the $$ or value as the entire industry is a marketing scam...

Going for the Decagon!

How many months did you wait for the growing process and were there routine updates? How fast was the shipping?

As for the exchange rate that she charged, are you saying the charged you the more favorable exchange rate that from 6+ months ago?

I am still waiting (or I would be posting photos!) I placed the order on 2/28 and she said 4-5 months.
The price was in USD and then when my bank sent the money they calculated the SGD and sent that. So I paid exactly what was quoted for the deposit in USD. Now, when the ring/earrings are done I believe it will work the same way, but you should verify that. (I will as well)

I worked with Avery and she was great and has been extremely responsive, sending photos and hand images. I will post a link to my thread below where I uploaded everything she sent.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
This was a good thread on EG vs LG.

ssaratan

Rough_Rock
I am still waiting (or I would be posting photos!) I placed the order on 2/28 and she said 4-5 months.
The price was in USD and then when my bank sent the money they calculated the SGD and sent that. So I paid exactly what was quoted for the deposit in USD. Now, when the ring/earrings are done I believe it will work the same way, but you should verify that. (I will as well)

I worked with Avery and she was great and has been extremely responsive, sending photos and hand images. I will post a link to my thread below where I uploaded everything she sent.

Cool, yeah since I will be paying with stripe, they’ll be charging me the SGD Price… which is fine, will be opening a new credit card for 10k sign up bonus. Hopefully the conversion rate gets better for USD as it’s gone up from .7 to .75 past year

At what point did you pay in full? Once you confirmed the stone/grading labs or once they started working on the settings?

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Following this thread, and wondering what "SGD price" means.

I've watched so many of the IG videos of setting stones. The various shapes are truly amazing in how they perform.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Following this thread, and wondering what "SGD price" means.

I've watched so many of the IG videos of setting stones. The various shapes are truly amazing in how they perform.

SGD = Singapore Dollar

BobLuca

Rough_Rock
What are thoughts on JannPaul decagon and craftsmanship on their custom settings? Thinking about it, but I'm not sure about the ranges that they provide for Color and Clarity.

I was thinking of around 2.5 CT/IF-VVS1 (maybe VVS2)/D Color, but since their larger diamonds are grown to order, there is no guarantee.

Also I am based in the US, is shipping free?

Also how do people feel about the warranty process? They noted that you'd have to pay half for shipping which is $300 or so for permit and insurance...

Vs Local Jewelers/US Retailers offer free cleaning/resizing/polishing annually. I think their delivery/presentation box looks better than US Retailers though...

Definitely want something more unique especially since I'm going for LGD... Trying to decide between Decagon or around 10 H/A

Anyone else going through the ordering process can provide some feedback before I send them money?

Are their prices negotiatable? I know they’re pretty transparent and stick to their web listed priced. I know some people had to pay more in terms of USD due to SGD becoming stronger, but the SGD price remained the same.

Is their diamonds priced reasonable or is there a big markup for their price ranges.

Thanks in advance.

Through my experience with them, you don't usually need to have the ring resized immediately. They always determine your ring size making sure its a good fit first.

They informed me the shipping of my completed ring will be free and fully insured. I think that's very nice of them! I worked with Eugene throughout the process and he was very helpful in explaining the technicalities of the Emeralds and even sharing an Ideal EC in comparison to their JP EC, the differences was mindblowing!

I also found out that they do cover the charges for resizing. Its just 1/2 the shipping fee as well as the insurance so that. I was thinking of the cost as well, but its not always the case that my wife's ring need to re-size on a monthly basis so I thought that was still fine since the sizing itself will at least be free.

The links to their cuts and teaming up with gcal, gcal responded that they do type iia testing for their hpht stones as well. Quality wise for their labs is top notch , cut yeah you can see them for yourselves they’re amazing!
https://instoremag.com/gcal-launches-8x-proprietary-cut-grades-with-retail-jeweler-jannpaul/amp/

From before my purchase I saw there were many here who have purchased from JP and swear to their quality of lab grown and cut. Maybe they can share their experience too! @DRSAMURAI / @itsfake

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Through my experience with them, you don't usually need to have the ring resized immediately. They always determine your ring size making sure its a good fit first.

They informed me the shipping of my completed ring will be free and fully insured. I think that's very nice of them! I worked with Eugene throughout the process and he was very helpful in explaining the technicalities of the Emeralds and even sharing an Ideal EC in comparison to their JP EC, the differences was mindblowing!

I also found out that they do cover the charges for resizing. Its just 1/2 the shipping fee as well as the insurance so that. I was thinking of the cost as well, but its not always the case that my wife's ring need to re-size on a monthly basis so I thought that was still fine since the sizing itself will at least be free.

The links to their cuts and teaming up with gcal, gcal responded that they do type iia testing for their hpht stones as well. Quality wise for their labs is top notch , cut yeah you can see them for yourselves they’re amazing!
https://instoremag.com/gcal-launches-8x-proprietary-cut-grades-with-retail-jeweler-jannpaul/amp/

From before my purchase I saw there were many here who have purchased from JP and swear to their quality of lab grown and cut. Maybe they can share their experience too! @DRSAMURAI / @itsfake

@BobLuca, I can comment only on the EG Decagons. My wife proudly and gladly reports that she still receives compliments on the eye catching and exceptional optical performance of her Decagon ring. Bear in mind that it must be meticulously cleaned frequently to optimize light performance. Happy wife, happy life.

ssaratan

Rough_Rock
@BobLuca, I can comment only on the EG Decagons. My wife proudly and gladly reports that she still receives compliments on the eye catching and exceptional optical performance of her Decagon ring. Bear in mind that it must be meticulously cleaned frequently to optimize light performance. Happy wife, happy life.

Cool - oh so it requires more frequent cleaning/wiping or else it doesn't look as good as a round Brilliant would?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Cool, yeah since I will be paying with stripe, they’ll be charging me the SGD Price… which is fine, will be opening a new credit card for 10k sign up bonus. Hopefully the conversion rate gets better for USD as it’s gone up from .7 to .75 past year

At what point did you pay in full? Once you confirmed the stone/grading labs or once they started working on the settings?

I’ve only given a small deposit which covers only the diamonds. They haven’t started the settings but they will be separate.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Cool - oh so it requires more frequent cleaning/wiping or else it doesn't look as good as a round Brilliant would?

Yes, EC's look at their best when clean because their flashes are bigger and there is more surface area exposed. They don't have all the "distracting" tiny flashes which can mask a little dirt. (Not that I find RB diamonds flashes distracting! LOL)
It's worth it for me and I clean my diamonds regularly anyway.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock

All diamonds in general are inherently dirt and grease magnets and need frequent cleaning to maximize beauty. Technically Decagon is not round but is classified as Round Brilliant SIC. Looks round from afar.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock

@ssaratan, Here is a preview of what to expect from your ordered Decagon. This is an LG 1.94 ct JP RMB D VVS1 GCAL Cert: www.gcalusa.com/certificate-search.html?certificate_id=330380102. Advanced images are impeccable. Enquire about duty free to US.

Last edited:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I didn’t think they did HPHT either. But I was told they use superior cvs seed. So I’m not worried. If it’s not to their standards or my ps friends on here, then I won’t get it. But I do t think that will happen.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
And I asked about the duty free and she said that wouldn’t work even though she knew about @DRSAMURAI ‘s ring. I’ll try again when it gets down to it.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
@DRSAMURAI , gorgeous! I didn't know JP also sells HPHT. Is their price for HPHT much higher than their price listed for CVD? Thank you!

@Felipe My understanding is the JP LGD are CVD. Due to their stringent QC, JP's CVD is processed by one manufacturer under JP's proprietary patent following Paul's tight protocol. JP relates that this yields a very high quality LGD as evidenced by the GCAL 8X cert.

Felipe

Rough_Rock
@Felipe My understanding is the JP LGD are CVD. Due to their stringent QC, JP's CVD is processed by one manufacturer under JP's proprietary patent following Paul's tight protocol. JP relates that this yields a very high quality LGD as evidenced by the GCAL 8X cert.

Well, if you look at the cert you've posted, this one is HPHT.

ssaratan

Rough_Rock
Looks like gcal listed it as Hpht, I heard cvd will get hpht post growth treatment…

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Well, if you look at the cert you've posted, this one is HPHT.

JP May have had a run of their specialty cuts done from a batch of HPHT rough...if you go all the way back to 330380000 and keep adding a single digit increment, you'll see a variety of JP cuts (including cushion, pear, oval, and emerald) with a mix of both CVD and HPHT.

awessum-possum

Rough_Rock

This is exactly what I was looking for. I'm in the market for one of their LGD. I'd prefer one of their HPHT offerings but was concerned about issues with fluorescence or phosphorescence. My thinking was that they must have opted for CVD as their flagship manufacturing process because the end result was better than HPHT. But if they're testing for Type IIA, then maybe that isn't necessarily the case and it's more due to logistical reasons.

*Edit: where did you read that they were testing for Type IIA? I don't see it in the article you shared. Thanks in advance!

BobLuca

Rough_Rock
this a thread from another post from singapore that was an interesting read, thats amazing if they can have their hpht in spefically iia. I totally missed the red box that their hpht is identified as IIA

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results