shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen ring resize

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by 125mph, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. 125mph
    Rough_Rock

by 125mph » Aug 9, 2009
    Hi guys,

got my ring yesterday.. posted some pics in the other thread.. anyway, was wondering..

if i wanted to get this resized and don''t want to hassle with shipping it back and waiting for it to get shipped... (and what if it gets lost in shipping and all those ''what ifs'').. I think I may go to a jewelery store and get it resized... it only costs like $10-20 right?

This will be going from a size 6.5 to a size 6 most likely, and the material is platinum? any local store like Ben Bridge can do it well? Lowering a platinum ring in size should be fairly easy?

2. NeverEndingUpgrade
    Brilliant_Rock

by NeverEndingUpgrade » Aug 9, 2009
    Unfortunately, sizing will probably cost you a lot more than that, especially since the band has channel-set diamonds. Since you are only needing to go down a half a size, you have a couple of options. You could either have the ring sized down the traditional way but please have it done by a competent jeweler or send it back to James Allen via the US Post Office Registered Mail, the most secure way.

Or you could have sizing beads put on the inside of the band. I had my Tacori wedding set done like that because I bought it out of the case as a size 6.5 but needed a size 5. Because of the crescent detailing on the sides of the band, the jeweler had to send it back to Tacori for sizing down to a 5.5 so that the warranty would not be voided. Then I still needed the sizing beads to make up the difference between the 5.5 and the 5. I love the sizing beads because I have big knuckles and the beads help the ring to fit better and still lets me get it over my knuckles. Hope that helps.

Beautiful ring, BTW!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.