shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen Lab Diamond - appreciate opinion on cut and light return

lostinblue

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Just wondering what you guys think of this rock re: the cut and light leakage. Unfortunately, we didn't see the ASET image. Is this important to determine its brilliance?
We were happy with the proportions - it seemed to fall in the super ideal range, but just looking at the picture below, it seems to be a bit dark in the middle, so just a bit worried.
Any advice or reassurance is appreciated!

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.35-carat-f-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-8895579

1589583630098.png

cert.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately we cannot discuss lab grown stones in this section of the forum. But you can use the "report post" button to ask the moderators to move this question to the "man made diamond" section.

lostinblue

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately we cannot discuss lab grown stones in this section of the forum. But you can use the "report post" button to ask the moderators to move this question to the "man made diamond" section.

Sorry about that, I didn't know. Thanks!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

Just wondering what you guys think of this rock re: the cut and light leakage. Unfortunately, we didn't see the ASET image. Is this important to determine its brilliance?
We were happy with the proportions - it seemed to fall in the super ideal range, but just looking at the picture below, it seems to be a bit dark in the middle, so just a bit worried.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.35-carat-f-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-8895579

1589583630098.png

cert.jpeg

Hey lostinblue,

Did you go ahead with this stone?

The angles etc. look like it will perform well in terms of its HCA score, and it's possible any darkness in the centre is just obstruction from the camera setup being too close.

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

1589583630098.png

cert.jpeg

I think it looks good! I like those angles. I bet it’ll have a lot of fire. Did you end up buying it?

lostinblue

Rough_Rock
Hey lostinblue,

Did you go ahead with this stone?

The angles etc. look like it will perform well in terms of its HCA score, and it's possible any darkness in the centre is just obstruction from the camera setup being too close.

Yes, we ordered it but it still hasn’t shipped. Looking forward to seeing it in person!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great!! What setting are you planning to set it in?

lostinblue

Rough_Rock
Looks great!! What setting are you planning to set it in?

You think so? Me too haha but I’m such a beginner in these things I’m not sure how this is performing for brilliance and fire.

We just met with the jeweller a couple of days ago and I want a 6-prong Tiffany head with a hidden halo and a tiny emerald hidden inside of the band (his birthstone).

Last edited:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
You think so? Me too haha but I’m such a beginner in these things I’m not sure how this is performing for brilliance and fire.

We just met with the jeweller a couple of days ago and I want a 6-prong Tiffany head with a hidden halo and a tiny emerald hidden inside of the hand (his birthstone).

Have you run it through the HCA tool?

The setting you described sounds beautiful, can't wait to see the final ring!

lostinblue

Rough_Rock
Yes, I think so too :)
I think videos are better when looking at a diamond, since you want to check out how the light bounces at all angles.
Any thoughts on the cut?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I think so too :)
I think videos are better when looking at a diamond, since you want to check out how the light bounces at all angles.
Any thoughts on the cut?

.9 is a good score! It looks like it only got an average on spread- probably because of the depth and table size, neither of which are bad! If you had too spread-y of a diamond you may lose some performance. Given the respectable stats and good HCA score, as long as it looks good to you and you’re happy with what you paid, it’s a keeper imo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks good, although I know stones are tricky to photograph or get good videos of IRL. If you like it in person and it throws good fire to your eye then I think it's a keeper

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results