shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen D-Colour Diamond Bezel Pendant

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
I bought this diamond from James Allen because I thought it was an excellent price, 18 months ago. It's a Hearts and Arrows AGS triple 0, scores 0.8 on the HCA, weighs 0.52, and is a D colour. It's also an SI2, but whatever inclusions there are, they are white and I have never been able to find them even with my x30 loupe. It's super, super sparkly, which you'd expect from a cut like that. The diamond cost $1,050, which I thought was amazing for over half a carat, D, and triple 000 cut.

I used an existing white gold chain that I'd had for years, and EB Horn in Boston made the bezel.

Enjoy!

GEDC0617.JPG

GEDC0619.JPG

GEDC0625.JPG

GEDC0626.JPG

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Here's a pic of the pendant on my hand, for scale, and in this image you can see my Hearts on Fire 0.70 I colour engagement ring for comparison.

On the neck shots, I have layered the pendant with my DeBeers diamonds by the yard necklace (which is a round diamond with a pear either side, 0.08 each.)

Everything is white gold, not platinum, in case you were wondering. The DeBeers necklace is 18k and my pendant and bezel is 14k.

The solitaire is 16-inch and I'm wearing the DeBeers at 14.9 inches. (It has loops on the back.)

GEDC0618.JPG

GEDC0622.JPG

GEDC0630.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love it!!!

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
In this neck shot, you can see one of the DeBeers pears quite well, on the right.

GEDC0637.JPG

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Amy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
my my my! You never fail to dazzle me! I look forward to seeing what new thing is about to be revealed, each time I log in!!

I love this pendant! WOW! :love: It is beautiful and what a great purchase it was indeed! I like the 2 layered together - very nice! :appl: :appl:

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1329785611|3130457 said:
my my my! You never fail to dazzle me! I look forward to seeing what new thing is about to be revealed, each time I log in!!

I love this pendant! WOW! :love: It is beautiful and what a great purchase it was indeed! I like the 2 layered together - very nice! :appl: :appl:

Thanks, Enerchi! The vault is almost run dry though...I have my Blue Nile E/F Signature bezel studs to show, and a Tiffany gold and lapis lazuli set of earrings and necklace that's the same range Kate Middleton wore for her engagement in the blue dress.

But after those, nothing blingy and impressive enough to show on SMTB....the rest of The Vault comprises a small diamond half-eternity and a tanzanite ring, and some smaller stuff like a tiny opal ring I got for my 18th, a gold Tiffany ring I got for my 30th, a few small gold and silver bits, some ordinary-looking pearls, my grandmother's gold watch and a WHOLE BUNCH of Tiffany silver, so not really stuff amazing enough to show here.

Oh - I do have a large emerald-cut pink amethyst ring...mmmm....Anyway, the tour of the vault is almost over!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendant!!! :love:

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Bumped this so someone from Rockytalky can see it - someone who is considering a JA diamond with these specs.

I would have pasted and copied the thread into that message on Rockytalky, but can't see how to do that. When I click on it intending to highlight, copy and paste, the thread always opens instead of highlighting.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pendant is beautiful - nice choice of stone!! I love it paired with the other necklace!

poprocks

Rough_Rock
Smith1940,

Thank you for pointing this out and bumping your thread. I thought that it was just so coincidental that a bezel pedant was exactly what I was envisioning for that stone. But then I get to your thread AND to make it even more coincidental...I was at De Beers a couple of weeks ago and tried on that exact DTBY necklace that you have. I loved it and put it my wish list...

THEN, fast forward to now and stumbling upon that D stone someone pointed out...I was deciding between doing the bezel OR getting the De Beers necklace.

Such a coincidence that you both, especially since I haven't seen anyone with the De Beers one yet. I also never thought of layering it together but it looks great!

But darn it, now I want both! :o

P.S. I just saw your other postings. You have such beautiful jewelry! :love:

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your nice remarks, Poprocks! It's especially nice when people say I have a pretty collection, because I don't know anyone in real life who is supportive of my jewellery. I think that they think it's a complete waste of money, that I am materialistic, and they don't understand how much I love it. So it's lovely to receive compliments about the collection that I've built up!

Question for you: Did you see, or try on, the small square pendant at DeBeers? It's kind of like a square four-leaf clover. I'd have to save up, but I DO have my diamond-eye trained on that one!

What else did you see there that was good?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pendant is gorgeous, it looks great on you!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous.

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much for your nice comments, everyone!

poprocks

Rough_Rock
Smith1940|1331218403|3143900 said:
Thanks for your nice remarks, Poprocks! It's especially nice when people say I have a pretty collection, because I don't know anyone in real life who is supportive of my jewellery. I think that they think it's a complete waste of money, that I am materialistic, and they don't understand how much I love it. So it's lovely to receive compliments about the collection that I've built up!

Question for you: Did you see, or try on, the small square pendant at DeBeers? It's kind of like a square four-leaf clover. I'd have to save up, but I DO have my diamond-eye trained on that one!

What else did you see there that was good?

I think you have great taste in jewelry and I appreciate you sharing your collection. I always like your little story about each piece. PS is a special and unique place with people who are really passionate about jewelry. In real life I am surrounded by people who have amazing jewelry but we don't share the specifics like how we do here on PS.

I didn't try any other necklace at DeBeers aside from the DBTY necklace. My fiancee and I went in to look at their eternity bands so I didn't look in the other jewelry cases. They just so happen to have that DBTY necklace showcased on it's own display. That's how I came across it.

So, I guess I'll be keeping an eye out for your thread, "DeBeers square four-leaf clove pendantr" soon :wink2:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Bumoped for the pleasure of AlexT!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new pendant! I have a question though, in your DBTY necklace, what size are the pears? I happen to have some loose .16ct pears and I wonder if they are too small to put in a DBTY necklace.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Smith1942, you are the queen of high colored bezeled diamonds! I am a huge fan of bezels and love your entire collection.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, everyone! I don't have any really big stones like 2 ct so it's nice to have a fuss made of my little'uns!

Catmom - the pear in the DeBeers is only 0.08. It probably looks bigger because of the bezel. If you're going to have the 0.16 set in a pendant make sure the bezel isn't too thin. I had some studs made by BGD using 0.15 stones (each) and the same made by Whiteflash - different colour metals. The WF ones worked because the bezel was a proper medium thickness - you could actually see it. The BGD studs at that size didn't work at all because their bezels are wafer-thin. So thin you couldn't even really see the rim of metal. To me, the bezel isn't worth having if you can barely see it. I'm in the minority - apparently lots of people like their bezels as thin as poss to give a "floating" look but in my mind the idea is to add to the diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results