shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen bezel pendant setting

EAB

Rough_Rock
I’m wondering if anyone can comment on the James Allen milgrain bezel pendant setting. The back is rounded which I assume is to keep it from flipping but it seems like it would make the diamond kind of roll around instead of sitting flat. Any thoughts are appreciated! E949FDF5-0602-47DB-BC30-8659F8217BB7.png E949FDF5-0602-47DB-BC30-8659F8217BB7.png

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I personally do not like pieces that don't sit flat. Having a pendant "rounded", and even an actual ball or egg shape is definitely a style so it is what you prefer. I just don't like something having that much movement, especially if it is not something like a ball where it is meant to be seen on all sides. This definitely has a top and a bottom. Regardless, no offense, but the detail on the bezel just doesn't work for me, but that's just my preference. I'm not the one wearing it. So that's my input on it. I think if you want a milgrained bezel solitaire pendant there are many options out there that will sit better.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe the concept is to create a pendant which will not easily flip over, but one which arcs 20 degrees left and right thereby increasing the apparent scintillation and sparkle of the diamond. The small inside diameter of the bale will not easily allow the pendant to flip over backwards when a 15" or 16" chain is used. Longer chains and overly large bales make more room for flipping over a greater possibility. To me, it is just a style exercise, not a vast change in pendant design. It might work nicely, but you have to like it enough to try it. There surely are more popular choices with flat backs to consider.

EAB

Rough_Rock
Thank you, you’ve confirmed my suspicions. I’m looking for one that doesn’t have the flipping problem but I don’t believe this is it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Krista Williams

Shiny_Rock
Im interested in this thread too! I have been wanting to buy a necklace for some time, but I didnt know WHAT I wanted.... now I know I want a bezel type pendant...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results