shape
carat
color
clarity

Jade Bangle Advice Please!

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
I am hoping to find a jade bangle for myself with lavender tones.

I have a very small budget approx US$200. This will be my first bangle and I do not expect high quality for my budget! But I would like it to be A grade.

I have searched Yokdee and Ultimate Jadeite but found nothing I like within budget.

I have found a bangle I like on etsy and would like your advice on whether this seller seems trustworthy. I understand from reading other threads that this is difficult to judge but any opinions would be gratefully received.

They are called Jadeite Room and state that they only sell Grade A.

I don't want to link to the exact bangle in case someone else buys it, haha, but it's one of the cheapest ones!

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!
In the listing it says "certified" - do you think that means there is already a lab report?
Is there a particular lab I should ask for?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m working up to a similar purchase, I’d be interested to hear how you get on! Are you a member of the other, handbag related forum? There’s a huge jade thread on there and I think this vendor has been mentioned.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you look at the link on this site, this is the certificate I got for my higher value ring.

It is a well regarded lab in HK but will cost more for the report so I am not sure if it's worth the cost of the bangle.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Her feedback has photos of the bangles with certs. Looks like the standard China lab memo cards. Beats nothing :)

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
I’m working up to a similar purchase, I’d be interested to hear how you get on! Are you a member of the other, handbag related forum? There’s a huge jade thread on there and I think this vendor has been mentioned.

No, I'm not - are you able to link me to the one you mean?

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
If you look at the link on this site, this is the certificate I got for my higher value ring.

It is a well regarded lab in HK but will cost more for the report so I am not sure if it's worth the cost of the bangle.

Yeah that was my other thought, that the cost of the report would be prohibitive at my budget point.

Do you think her stuff looks legit judging by the pictures on her etsy?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I'm not - are you able to link me to the one you mean?

I don’t think we’re allowed to mention other forums- if you google “Jade Thread” it will likely come up!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah that was my other thought, that the cost of the report would be prohibitive at my budget point.

Do you think her stuff looks legit judging by the pictures on her etsy?

No idea sorry. If I'd bought a few things from her I could say but as I haven't I really couldn't say anything.

I wouldn't disregard the little China labs. A friend who went to China and HK to do some research told me that the HK lab performs 12 tests and the China labs only do 5.

My vendor from Jie Yang (I believe all his have is A grade) sends all the Jade he sells me to a little lab in China to get a memo. He's actually not allowed to mail the memos out to me (weird Chinese postal rules) but he takes pictures of them for me. I've never asked him to send them off but he does so of his own accord so I figure he must trust the information. Often he'll take another 2 days just to send it to the local lab. It's an extra step that would be unnecessary if it had no value.

That said I can't speak for this vendor cuz I've never dealt with her.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've mentioned in another thread that those little cards are just rmb5 each. If I were purchasing a us2000 item no, I wouldn't go with that as they are unknown and who knows what suite of equipment and testers there are. Not all labs are equal. I suppose they provide a basic level of assurance. That said, new treatments are also invented ever so often to enhance stones and jadeite. Like coloured polishing powder for jadeite. Not all labs will invest in new equipment or have the know-how to keep up with them.

A 10 dollar bangle can also be Type A. So it depends on the jadeite material itself.

For $200 I'd buy and enjoy the purchase. From visual sighting, it is inadequate to gauge whether there are A, though the ones I've briefly scanned through don't raise alarm bells visually.

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both for your help!
I will think on it a little more.
If I do end up buying something I'll resurrect this thread and update =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results