shape
carat
color
clarity

JA round brilliant diamond: good or bad?

Trucco12

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I've been doing some researching for my brother who is looking for an engagement ring for his partner and has a budget of $3200 USD for the centre stone. I've been looking at this particular stone from James Allen:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.81-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1908851

It has a HCA score of 0.8 (Excellent on everything except the spread which scored a Very Good). I asked the JA consultant whether it was an eyeclean SI1 and they said: "Absolutely! I inspected this stone for you and I think it will indeed be eyeclean! The inclusions are small and light and they blend well with the sparkle of the diamond!" Before I take the plunge/nagging my brother to purchase it, I wanted to see what other Pricescope members thought about it :)

Thanks everyone.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice choice - great numbers and hits the 6mm mark! I agree with the rep...should be eye clean since it's hard to see the inclusions even on the magnified video but definitely check the stone in all lighting since sometimes twinning wisps can cause a hazy appearance, especially in SI1 or below stones. It may be worth confirming with JA that there aren't any transparency issues before pulling the trigger. Also remember you could get $100 off with the referral discount or I think they may also give PS discounts if you ask...worth a try!

What setting did your brother choose to put it in?

ETA: I would also suggest putting the stone on hold before a lurker snatches it up!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, very nice...like ac117 said, put it on hold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results