clarity

JA ring came today, having second thoughts on color J.... c

JAMadera

Rough_Rock
bc4bd2ded311d655c826d61bac8476f6.jpg
51fd9329d1c87f2608e857285b54ed21.jpg
5cbf677ca2c853e1c184009461eb4f8f.jpg

This is one I got

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.01-carat-j-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2096512

Was thinking to switch to this one.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.01-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2315012

Is it worth it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: JA ring came today, having second thoughts on color J...

Any chance you could come up to an H color? I'm not sure if 1 color grade is going to be enough...may or may not be...chances
are better that 2 color grades will help.

edit...you could call JA and ask them about the I colored stone...is it low-I, high-I or right in the middle?

JAMadera

Rough_Rock

tyty333 said:
Any chance you could come up to an H color? I'm not sure if 1 color grade is going to be enough...may or may not be...chances
are better that 2 color grades will help.

edit...you could call JA and ask them about the I colored stone...is it low-I, high-I or right in the middle?

Hmm yeah I guess that's prob good idea. Just was trying to stay around $5k.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Personally I think warmer colors are an acquired taste. I do have a .37 round color I with faint fluro and it is very white, but yes, I do think it is worth it to go up to H if at all possible. My original engagement round is H and it is white.

It's pretty though...

JAMadera

Rough_Rock

Ok so now I'm torn between these 3...

Down to .95c
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.95-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2314774

Stay at 1ct but much more $$
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.06-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2281073

And this last one not true Truehearts but looks nice, I asked for scope...
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.01-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2315012

I'm thinking it's between 1 and 3 depending on scope...?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is a relative size difference between the J that you have and the .95 G on a size 6 finger with a 2mm band.
J on left, G/.95 on right

_1520.png

JAMadera

Rough_Rock

tyty333 said:
Here is a relative size difference between the J that you have and the .95 G on a size 6 finger with a 2mm band.

??? What do you mean. Ring is 4.5.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

There is going to be very very little if any difference you will see with the human eye between a 1.01 carat stone and the .95 when the diamond is on the hand, but you will notice the difference between a J and a H in colour particularly if you are colour sensitive.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd go for the 1 ct I VS. It looks like a beautiful stone! I color is my limit on a modern round brilliant. I can see the tint in a J.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JAMadera|1481759926|4107329 said:
tyty333 said:

??? What do you mean. Ring is 4.5.

I can do it on a 4.5 finger...the image I posted was for you to get a relative size difference between the two stones but here it is
on a 4.5 finger (still relative due to screen size etc but will give you better idea).

diff_1.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ID go for the G. Once I see color in a MRB, no way to unsee it. Yes to arkie's comment that you can barely notice the size difference but the color difference will be her noticeable.

JAMadera

Rough_Rock

tyty333 said:

Ohhh I see the image now... wasn't showing up on my phone so hats why I was confused.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Perhaps it is not the color but rather the quality of the cut.
Some may argue that a WF ACA J color, will look better than many others such as the vendor you bought from.
There are 4 C's, but Cut is #1.
Best of luck.

ps. No disrespect for JA, lots of happy people out there.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi JAMadera -

I agree that you want to raise your color parameters to an H to be truly safe. To that end, I think you should look at this stone:

www.bluenile.com - stock number: LD07639187

Go to the home page and in the top right corner you'll see a search box. Enter the stock number and its details will come up.

BN doesn't show photos, so you'd have to ask if they'd procure you a photo, or at least have someone eyeball it for you, for clarity checking. This stone gets .8 on the HCA. Wire price is $4993. Definitely worth checking out and should have no tint.

Hope this helps!

Rivendell

Shiny_Rock

I think it would look nicer if it was G colour or above. The setting looks lovely but the J coloured diamond does look quite tinted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results