shape
carat
color
clarity

J Color Diamonds- Can I see?

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
I am considering a J diamond purchase and I wanted to see how they look in a setting anyone have one?

Thanks!! :D

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
diffused_lighting.jpg

warmth best seen side view

handshot4.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my J AVC .41 stud earring next to my 1.01 E ering cushion. Hope these help in showing a bit of the difference. -Debs

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D and Yssie both have incredible J coloured RB stones. I"m not sure how to post their links but hopefully they"ll see this thread and respond. I believe Dreamers is a 1.67 J VS1 and Yssie's is a 2.7 J SI2 (hope this is correct--sorry if it's not) Dreamer's is a solitaire and Yssie's is a 3-stone. Both are absolutely gorgeous and to die for. :love: :cheeky: :love:

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
Doc_1 : OMG your diamond is breathtaking! Gorgeous and nice profile, you can see the color.
I love the way it looks.

Missydebby- Thank you for the comparison definitely helped me visualize the difference. ( your cushion is beautiful!)

:bigsmile:

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
My Antique OMC is a J/K. Love the color; white facing up, tint from the side. The mini OEC's in the band are J's as well.

omcleonjk.JPG

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
Farleymom- Thank you for the links I can't get over how nice they are very beautiful I love the warm color!

Lekde- Beautiful thank you for showing me-your ring is gorgeous :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have a pendant that's a J VS2. I love it!!!

jmtpendantj01.JPG

jmtpendantj02.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is mine! Indeed a 1.67ct J Vs1. I have owned a few different colored diamonds and in my opinion, and the vendors, this is a "high J", closer to an I color. There is some variation in the color grade and it can make a difference to how the diamond looks I think. I will say I adore my diamond and it never looks tinted. Sometimes a little soft and warm, but never tinted.

The thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dreamers-upgrade-1-66ct-j-vs1.142931/

bigjdd29x.jpg

Supers

Shiny_Rock
I have a J.
The photo doesn't do it justice - it's really sparkly and white.

Hand%20shot_0.jpg

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the pictures! Wow the rings are so beautiful- I actually LOVE yellow diamonds as in the fancy/ canary maybe that is why I like the J so much. Diamonds by Lauren has a few that really are on my WANT list. lol :cheeky:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I'd post mine as my side stones are .80 J SI1. For comparison purposes, my center stone is a 2.01ct L VS2. I think that one of the sides is a true J and the other one is a borderline I. All three stones look very different depending on the lighting environments and I absolutely love the look.

lmfvs2l4.JPG

4evr3stnrng4.JPG

4evr3stnrng20104.JPG

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
I never imagined a "L" can be that beautiful your ring is so pretty!

show-me-the-ring/my-new-engagement-ring-octavia-asscher-in-vatche-setting-t147371.html

Here's a link to some photos of mine (I got a bit carried away!). I adore my J - I've had it a month today, and I still cannot stop staring at it. I'm glad I went for size and cut over colour. When I look at the ring under trees on my walk to work every morning I get butterflies looking at it because it's so firey and full of an incredible array of colours (and I never notice any yellow)! :sun:

Go for it!

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
Sophie- WOW I can't blame you for loving that diamond, it is gorgeous~ I have never seen a ring with the octavia asscher only on the GOG website. So beautiful you're lucky!! :appl:

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
Manhattenlawyer: Spectacular~! how many carats is your diamond.
You must love wearing that everyday! :D

senormatt

Rough_Rock
please post your J colored Radiant if you have one :wavey:

senormatt

Rough_Rock
wow - here's a video comparison of two cushions (I've heard color makes a bigger difference on a cushion than a round). 1.57ct F SI1 alongside a 2.01ct L VS1. I thought the color of the L would be much more apparent than that. Seems like a nicely cut J would look fine to me.

http://www.vimeo.com/6212171

another showing some Gs and a J:

http://www.vimeo.com/3008433

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ButterflyBlue. It's 3.51 carats. Yes, I haven't grown tired of it yet :D

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
butterflyblue said:
I never imagined a "L" can be that beautiful your ring is so pretty!

Thanks butterflybue. I really like my L too and never get tired of looking at it. :D

:confused: :confused: :confused: Not sure why I'm showing as a Tradeperson as I am far from it!!!!!! Does anyone know how I fix this?

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Subscribing and awed by all the gorgeous Js out there.

Here is my J color- I have had it for about a year and 1/2 now- I questioned it a little at the begining because I had spent so much time on ps and I wanted it to be perfect- but I am glad I went with the J- it is a little warm sometimes- but I think the only person that would notice is me- but I like the warmth at the same time.

Here is a link with more pictures as well- ladies-in-waiting/waiting-impatiently-no-more-update-t110435.html

Attachments

• my ring.bmp
    916.1 KB · Views: 6,326

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
waiting impatiently, your ring is absoluetly stunning!

Lovely J's ladies!

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
All these rings are so beautiful! We finally took the plunge and we bought a J diamond for me!! I am waiting for it to be placed in my new setting so it will be a week of long waiting UGH! I am not patient! Seeing all these gorgeous diamonds helped me solidify what I knew I wanted.

Seeing an J in person I was amazed how colorless it is and Ideal x3 so it sparkles like mad :D

I will post my own J pictures when I get my ring :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results