shape
carat
color
clarity

Ivy and Rose

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for side stones for a 3 stone ring. I found a couple I liked so I emailed them yesterday asking if they thought the two I picked would work (match) as sides to my OEC.
After several hours I received a message stating, Yes, They will match.
Great, so I proceeded with, My center is 1.56 OEC. Could you send me pictures of the two side stones next to a similar size center.
Again, several hours later, I get a message with a link to two totally different pair of stones. Smaller, different color and one of the stones is an I1 (nothing close to the 2 I originally requested pictures of). I replied with, They aren't large enough and I don't want an I1 stone.
Their response was ...Good Morning! I understand. Thank you!
At this point I'm getting a little irritated.
So again I respond...I would like pictures of the first 2 stones shown with a 1.5 ct +- center. Can I get that?
Their response...Sure thing! You can go ahead and purchase the loose diamonds on our web site... SERIOUSLY!!! What is going on.
So once again I ask....Can you not send me pictures as requested?
Also, through out all of the messages, I was never given a name of who I was chatting with!!

I have purchased from them before, but to me this is horrible customer service.

Anyone else had any issues with their customer service lately?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would call them if there's a communication issue. I think there's multiple people that answer emails.

Also, I don't know if it's entirely standard for a vendor to take pictures of loose stones next to an exemplar size stone. They have a very good return policy so I probably would just order the stones you think might work and go from there.

If you don't like it, you can return them.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Wow...I've worked with Ivy and Rose in the past and have never run into issues. I wonder if they are outsourcing their emails abroad or something. Its as the person you are working with isn't a native English speaker or something. I agree, call them and explain that you'd feel better if you got additional photos.

It is also possible the the side stones don't actually reside in their Chicago studio and they're now large enough to be working with different vendors and the person you are working with isn't about to disclose.

Yes, they do have a good return policy. You could just risk it and return. But keep in mind, you'll have to engage with customer service to start that process if you do.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I had a similar experience with emailing them. It seems like someone totally new answers you email each time and doesn’t research the entire exchange before answering. I was only trying to find out if I could order earring settings in yellow gold so it wasn’t a huge deal but it was bit annoying. Something that should have take two emails took a few days.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I had a similar experience with emailing them. It seems like someone totally new answers you email each time and doesn’t research the entire exchange before answering. I was only trying to find out if I could order earring settings in yellow gold so it wasn’t a huge deal but it was bit annoying. Something that should have take two emails took a few days.

At least I know it wasn't just me!!! :confused:

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I've purchased from them multiple times and have even had them make a custom piece for me. I've always had amazing customer service from them and zero issues with communication. I typically work with Sara but I have had others answer my messages as well.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its like you and I&R are speaking two different languages :lol:

(How odd)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I would call. But I wasn't happy with my dealings with them the one time I bought something from them. I thought I was probably the only person on PS who felt this way though haha.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had similar experience to this a few years back.
But then also some really good convos interspersed, too.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I had a similar experience with them this week as well. I asked a question prior to ordering, and I moved forward based on their answer. When my package arrived, it was not what we discussed. So now I have to return and wait for my refund before buying something else...

DanerBananer

Rough_Rock
I had a similar experience a few months back. I'm wondering if the email is a disconnect, in hindsight I should have called. I asked for a video of a loose stone. They gave me a time frame which they didn't meet. I reached back out, got some pushback that they were busy. In the end I got a video, asked one more pertinent question they didn't promptly answer and someone else bought the stone.. this was maybe from Thursday to Tuesday. I was devastated it sold..... they never did answer the follow up question or acknowledge it had sold until I emailed them again.

I still peruse the site and haven't crossed them off my list as a vendor. I think for how heavily they advertise online (website and ebay) someone more dedicated to that customer service would be a bonus. Sadly their store is 6 hours from me so especially with covid over the last year not possible.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I emailed Ivy and Rose about a month ago to create a setting for me and never got a reply.

I recently noticed that some of the details of items listed on the site do not make sense; or the descriptions are repeated. For example there are tennis bracelets sold in 3 different carat weights, but all of them are 2.2 or 2.3 mm thick? That makes no sense.

I'm disappointed that I was ghosted because I have a few pieces from them--and this is going back probably 10 years ago when they were still MyDiamondZone on Ebay.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Taylorbug! I would call in. I’ve only purchased from them once, but that one experience was excellent - Sara and Ilya were lovely and helpful. So I’m hoping you’ve just had really bad webchat luck!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I made in inquiry about a pair of diamonds this past week and they didn’t respond to me either. I asked for a photo of two diamonds listed separately, together, that’s it. I don’t care enough to pursue it.

I’ve worked with them for my first engagement ring setting-the experience was mixed. Sara is very nice and responses were prompt the first time I worked with them.

I’d work with them only to buy diamonds personally, I would not do a custom project with them again.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I realize that this thread is old, but I want to comment that email/messaging from Ivy & Rose hasn’t been very good, despite updating their socials every. single. day.

I don’t know what happened. I’ve ordered from them in the past and have had great communication with Sara (who was always quick to reply), but now it seems like it takes over a week to get an email back or sometimes no reply at all. Do they just want people to call? Because to me I find it inefficient, especially if I’m inquiring about a specific piece of jewelry that would be easier to pinpoint via email.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wondering if they are dealing with the start of the Christmas rush? Does anyone know how many people work there? I've only
heard 2 people mentioned.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are actually a lot of people who work there, but most of them are involved in making jewelry or doing CADD. Sara moved about a year go (probably more now that I think about it) and I can't remember the name of the lady who took over her position (senility at 53 is a terrible thing!). As of now I plan on being downtown on Thursday if anyone wants me to stop by and take any pics or get other info for them.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I emailed I&R over 2 months ago about selling a blue sapphire. No response…

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I emailed them a few months back asking about a stone and got an initial reply about something that wasn't on the site, they said they'd send pics within a day and I never heard from them again

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results