shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve Been Registry Stalking...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
and I''m starting to get a little worried... People are buying all kinds of stuff, but not sending it yet. I guess they''re saving it to bring to a shower or to the actual wedding. Up until now it wasn''t a big deal because most of the stuff was fairly small and won''t take up much room (though it is starting to add up), but I just looked and someone bought us the two nightstands that we registered for! I''m really excited, but really hoping that this is something they''re shipping to us instead of bringing to an event.

I''m having 2 showers, but so far only one is planned and it''s going to be in NY (we live in OH). It''s going to be the day after my cousin''s wedding and it''s looking like FI and I might be spending the week there since my other cousin is having her wedding reception 1 week prior to that. That means we''ll have 2 suitcases plus any presents that I get from the shower to bring back. Neither FI nor I have large cars, what do we do if we can''t fit everything?

Agh! I''m probably stressing over nothing, but it''s a boring day at work...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
where did you register? I had two showers, one in OH, one in WI (we live in NC) and I returned the big stuff and rebought it on my end. Worked out great for us. Don''t worry. I highly doubt anyone would bring furniture to the actual event. Maybe you just haven''t gotten it in the mail yet.

I am stalking my registries too. It is just TOOOOOO tempting!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great idea! Thanks! We registered at Target.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I would casually mention something to the person that is throwing the shower about your concerns with space and taking stuff back and forth...they can casually mention it to other people that are attending the shower. They should be able to help you with that!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori--where in WI? Thats where i am from.... :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 2:02:29 PM
Author:robbie3982
and I''m starting to get a little worried... People are buying all kinds of stuff, but not sending it yet. I guess they''re saving it to bring to a shower or to the actual wedding. Up until now it wasn''t a big deal because most of the stuff was fairly small and won''t take up much room (though it is starting to add up), but I just looked and someone bought us the two nightstands that we registered for! I''m really excited, but really hoping that this is something they''re shipping to us instead of bringing to an event.

I''m having 2 showers, but so far only one is planned and it''s going to be in NY (we live in OH). It''s going to be the day after my cousin''s wedding and it''s looking like FI and I might be spending the week there since my other cousin is having her wedding reception 1 week prior to that. That means we''ll have 2 suitcases plus any presents that I get from the shower to bring back. Neither FI nor I have large cars, what do we do if we can''t fit everything?

Agh! I''m probably stressing over nothing, but it''s a boring day at work...

I wouldn''t worry. I''m sure the people who got you the night stands wouldn''t plan on bringing them to the shower or the reception. If they live near you, maybe they''re waiting until afterwards to deliver them to you in person.

As for the other gifts, you could always ship them to your house after the shower. That way you won''t have to return things and then buy them at home. My sister lives across the country but her shower was at my parents'' house. The day after her shower my mom and my sister went to the closest shipping place (the UPS store or some place like that) and shipped most of her gifts. It worked out great.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 2:46:06 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Tacori--where in WI? Thats where i am from.... :)

Milwaukee, you?

Robbie, I did not register at Target for my wedding so I am not sure how easy it is to return but it really worked out great (plus I didn''t have to pay for the shipping
27.gif
)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perhaps the big pieces take time to ship...not like small items that can just be boxed and sent quickly.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
In the past 2 months I''ve been invited to 2 baby showers and 1 bridal. Perhaps because these are actually my first parties of this nature I am not doing this right, but I figured I''d give some insight from the gift-giver end.

The day I got each invite I went immediately to the registry so I could get something "good"
9.gif
, then I had it sent to me for one of these parties because I ordered a month before the party and I felt odd having it sent so soon and then not having anything for the actual shower. The other 2, I wanted to pick up at the store to save my poor self on shipping and I am bringing them with.

One was quite large actually (a baby stroller that came in the hugest box for such a teeney thing!!) and I did bring it in my car, but I offered to drive it to her home after the shower (she lived 5 mins away) but she has this huge Danli (?) truck/suv thing so she was ALL set wth space
9.gif

For a shower, I''d rather have something in hand than to have it sent to the bride weeks prior so next time I will get something small but meaningful. But I also am cognizant of where each bride/new mom-to-be lives and where the parties are so I would NEVER buy furniture and NOT send it on if I knew the bride lived out of state..........I promise!!!
9.gif

Don''t know if this is helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results