shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been holding out on you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to say how much I appreciated everyone''s helpful responses during my elope or not elope post awhile back. We decided to do a small wedding here in SF in April and just have a few close friends/family so that I can maintain my sanity and our savings accounts!!

Well, low and behold (after some craziness with my work, our health benefits and Uncle Sam- I will NOT bore you with the details) FI and I decided, why wait!

So... (drumroll please), we went down to City Hall last Tuesday and GOT MARRIED!! FI''s best friend was there as our witness and was able to take some nice photos (not professional, but nice
31.gif
) and we went out to dinner with some friends. I got to wear the beatiful Jcrew Sophia dress ($75 on ebay!) and these amazing blue/green shoes I found at Nordstrom''s as my "something blue." I wore earrings my mom made as my something borrowed and my great grandmother''s engagement ring as my something old.

Let me tell you- not only did I have a wonderful time, but the moment was truly about us and not what our families wanted and it was awesome!

So, we''re still going to have the small wedding in April so people can be there, but I doubt I will stress over it like I would have because in the end- I am already married!!

And without further ado... I will share some pictures. First up is of our wedding bands. Mine is comprised of three 3pointer diamonds from my great grandmother''s wedding band (she just passed away this past March at the age of 104! She was an incredible woman and I am named after her, so I wanted her to be a part of my wedding since she meant so much to me.)

ringstogether2.JPG

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
And lastly are a few from Tuesday. They are terrible quality because I pulled them down from Flickr (I dont have them on the work comp) so please excuse how grainy they are!

I think they are pretty much self explanatory!

weddingbliss2.JPG

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! You guys look so so happy :) I've been trying to convince FI to just elope with me but he won't even discuss it! I just love your wedding band, it's beautiful and how sweet to have that memory of your great grandmother always with you.
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!
36.gif

You''re rings look great! I love how you were able to incorporate your grandmother''s diamonds into the modern design... very cool!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You two look great, and it really seems like you made the right decision for yourselves! I can''t wait to see more pics if you have them!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
You look great and happy! More pics, please??

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much- I am really happy!!

When I get home later tonight, I post some better pics from the mac.

I really really love my wedding band (and the little blue diamonds that signify DH and I!) I am really glad I could share them with you all. And I promise I will share more pics- it''s only right since you awesome ladies helped me come to the decision to just do what would make us happy!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww shigi! CONGRATULATIONS sweetie! I''m SO happy for both of you and I''m so glad you did what made YOU happy!
36.gif
Isn''t eloping fun? Totally romantic and you are right, it''s all about the two of you in that moment, making that commitment...and that''s really what it''s all about when all is said and done. I cant wait to see more photos...

How did your family take the news? Well, I hope...!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh beautiful, gorgeous, smashing and fabulous!!!! You both look so happy!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! I can''t wait to see more pictures, and really, what is more special than the SF City Hall?? It is a GORGEOUS place to get married. And now you can concentrate on just throwing a really fun party instead.

Yay!!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I love your wedding set! And you guys look so happy and gorgeous together! Maybe I should elope.
31.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow! Congratulations! Good for you for doing what felt right and special to you. I love your rings too.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You two look so happy! And I love love love your set!
36.gif
30.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Yay!
36.gif

Congratulations! You two look amazingly happy together
1.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Good for you guys! You look wonderful and I can''t wait to see more pics.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Well, I know this isn''t many pictures, but I hope they will suffice (I''ll have some awesome pics from April I promise to share!)

This is us- pre marriage, standing outside the steps of city hall...

DSCN0417.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Here we are signing the license...

DSCN2554_2.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great wedding picture (the city hall pic) !
36.gif
Those smiles on your faces say it all!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Here is our best man, DH''s best friend, signing as our witness...

DSCN2553_2.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
This is the inside of City Hall where we got married -at the top of the long staircase(post ceremony)...

Sorry these are a bit out of order!

DSCN2596_2.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more pics of City Hall...

Interested tidbit- the end scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Harrison Ford is being told that the ark has been "taken care of" (and you see a cutaway where the Ark is being put in a warehouse somewhere) and he is walking down the steps- that was shot on the SF City Hall staircase!! Whoo hoo
36.gif

sf cityhall.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Ceiling of city hall- love the detail!

sf ceiling.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Justice of the Peace is explaining how the whole getting married thing works... I am worried that we look a bit dazed and confused in this one
31.gif

jopandus.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
The quintessential ring on finger pic...

ringonfingegr.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
And the kiss!

kissykiss.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Lastly, here we are all married and happy!
30.gif
Well, maybe I dont have hearts popping out of my eyes in the photo, but get the idea.

Oh and FYI- the shrug I am wearing is the most awesome thing ever. It came from White House Black Market and is now on sale for $40 AND there is 25% off and free shipping coupons you can find if you google it. Just in case anyone is in need of an ivory cover-up...

Thanks everyone for looking! I don''t know what I would have done without my PS support!!

cabride.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww, you two look so happy!!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I think eloping is wonderfully romantic!

I love, love, love your wedding band. It is gorgeous, and a TRUE treasure since it is made of your great grandmother''s diamonds.

P.S. I think that first picture of the two of you walking down the stairs of the building is particularly gorgeous. What a beautiful place to be married!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shigidigi....you CERTAINLY HAVE been holding out, lol!!! Congrats and best wishes on your marriage! I really love your rings, they''re just so cool and unique and beautiful, I can''t say enough good things about them! And you did that J.Crew Sophie dress proud, my friend, you looked stunning! Also, I have to add that you have the most beautiful skin and complexion--you lucky, lucky woman! Thanks for sharing the pics, they are all fantastic, even the one where the JOP is explaining the marriage thing and you do look a bit dazed/confused, but hey, who doesn''t have a moment of dazed confusion on their wedding day, hee hee.
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results