shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been busy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Well after much frustration I decided to change the room , I painted it and started over!! I am really happy w/ it. The sheers are not going to stay and more art is on it''s way. I thank all of you for taking time to help me with the other color but in the end I just couldn''t deal w/ it!

DSC01779_1.jpg

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks lovely and that you made the right decision - this is/will be much easier for you to work with and you won't always be stuck in a "theme" room that is difficult to work around. Well done!! Plus, it's just a much more soothing atmosphere for a master bedroom.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that looks WAY better, I love it!!!

Check out Ballard Designs (
www.ballarddesigns.com) for artwork, they have some great pieces that are affordable. I love thier square rosette plaques, those would look awesome in the washed white flanking the bed (I'd move the dresser over a bit and put two plaques on each side of the bed in a vertical manner OR put all 4 on the left side of the bed and leave the dresser where it is.

I will also say that artwork is super important, don't just throw whatever you can find into that room, it has to go with the look/feel you are trying to achieve. I'd rather have nothing on the wall than random items. But it looks great!

ETA: Damn I feel like a slacker! I have THREE rooms to paint in the next 3 weeks and still have to get artwork for the office (am thinking those rosette plaques in the white for the green walls and mahogany furniture) and buy the guest room quilt and shams I have been eyeing on eBay! I better get cracking!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Teebee you are so right about it being calm. i didn''t realize it when I was doing it but is, when you walk in it feels good, nice and light.

Mara, I agree about the art, I am searching for the right pieces and that is why there isn''t much in there yet. I went to home goods today but only got the pillow that is on my bed. I will check out the site you linked, thank you. I am still searching for a nice white Duvet (no hurry) and I was thinking of getting dark brown "art shelves" and then putting art that has white framing in. How does that sound? I am also considering moving the bed into the corner as mentioned by someone in the other thread but my bed weighs a ton and I can''t move it myself, and DH is never home while I am awake!!!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
this pic is alittle better

loklijo.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the bed covering! It looks so springy!

I would get a mahogany shelf for the wall (Cost Plus has them for a good price or eBay has great deals on PB ones), actually maybe even 2 of the 3'' ones and then put framed art in silver frames and maybe some washed white (i don''t love pure white, it''s too stark sometimes) and also some little fun pieces...like I got these bronze eiffel towers from Ballard and it''s a set of 3 for $29. They are in our EC but they''d be perfect on wall shelves too. Stuff like that is fun and can balance out the shelves.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
I actually got 3 of the mohogany shelves for the living room.........maybe they will be going in my room!! I think i agree with the silver frames, The light on the bedside table is stainless steel like , there was a matching one for the other side but DD broke it......DON"T ever try to paint your room in a day or 2 with a 3 year old and a 3 month old.....not fun!!!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mingagreen, I was following your other thread, but never responded, because I thought I would be too redundant. But, I do think your room looks beautiful!!!! I''m quite impressed with your paint job - I can''t imagine painting over the orange was easy. Did you use a primer?

Also - what are you thinking for the window treatments??? I love decorating!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara you minx I've been scoping Ballard Designs ever since you posted the pic of your entryway...there's one I really like but it's like, $300 on the website, hasn't been on ebay. I was perusing today and found a different one I had to scoop up for my bedroom...

My bedroom walls are red and the furniture is done in antiquey white nighttables by the bed and a chest at the foot of the bed (all from Pottery Barn)...I saw this Ballard design on ebay and scooped it up to hang right over the bed. The color of my bedroom walls is very similar to the background of the ebay seller's picture...I think it's going to look fab in my bedroom! Another impulse buy from PS!
2.gif

And minga - love the new color of the bedroom - yum.

creamrnd.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
verra nice FG! i was at a garden nursery the other day that had a cute indoor store and they had some beautiful iron scrolling pieces for..get this...$50! i was so tempted. they also had iron cutouts (aka something like a 16x20 rectangle of iron with a cutout stencil kind of shape in florals), two of them that matched so you could hang them side by side over a buffet or something, kind of like the C&B ones they have (but the CB one are like $150 each the garden shop had them for $60 each!). i had to leave before i bought out the whole shop. i did get a few small things.
9.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love it!! It looks so peaceful, which is perfect for a bedroom!!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
OHHH firegoddess that is awesome.
Mara and FG, do you have home Goods near you? I saw a ton of them there.
Not sure what to do about the curtains, any suggestions!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Minga, if there is a Home Goods in the Bay Area, I surely don't know about it. I'd never heard of it till I went back east (NJ) to see the folks, and they took me to one...I about fainted dead away. Loved it. Wish there was one near here.

ETA: Uh oh - I looked it up...there are 2 nearby...
27.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think we have those here...not sure?

But we have Marshalls and TJ Maxx which DO have lots of home decor stuff...! I just never get into the stores to look, I''m such a lazy online shopper.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
That color is beautiful!!! I love it!! That color will look great with mahogany wood and silver!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Minga I went back through your other thread again and I can't reiterate enough how awesome the room looks with the new color scheme! And the comforter on the bed - SO much fluffier.....very nice!!!

ETA: Minga - regarding the curtains - can you do sheer panels much like you have now, but that go down to the floor? Would give the room even more of a flowy feel. That's what we have in our bedroom - it lightens up the room a lot!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something like this? Mine don''t do the swoopy thing up top, but they give the window a more substantial feel and the sheers going down to the floor also help in that area, and make everything look more whimsical and airy.

3424813506892P.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 3:50:11 PM
Author: Mara
Oh that looks WAY better, I love it!!!

Check out Ballard Designs (
www.ballarddesigns.com) for artwork, they have some great pieces that are affordable. I love thier square rosette plaques, those would look awesome in the washed white flanking the bed (I''d move the dresser over a bit and put two plaques on each side of the bed in a vertical manner OR put all 4 on the left side of the bed and leave the dresser where it is.

I will also say that artwork is super important, don''t just throw whatever you can find into that room, it has to go with the look/feel you are trying to achieve. I''d rather have nothing on the wall than random items. But it looks great!

ETA: Damn I feel like a slacker! I have THREE rooms to paint in the next 3 weeks and still have to get artwork for the office (am thinking those rosette plaques in the white for the green walls and mahogany furniture) and buy the guest room quilt and shams I have been eyeing on eBay! I better get cracking!

Mara I have a question for you about BallardDesigns. Have you ever bought furniture from them? I''m wanting to know how good the quality is. I found an upholstered bench on there that I like, but don''t want it to be totally lightweight and cheapo. What do you think?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunkist i have only bought artwork and accessory pieces from them so far...but i have been very happy with quality so far, and their shipping is quick! i ordered stuff on a sunday and it arrived that friday.

honestly i don't think their stuff will be cheap and flimsy but it probably won't be the absolute best quality either, i figure somewhere in between. their prices are affordable so i tend to think that you get what you pay for...but i have been REALLY happy with their artwork pieces that come framed and stuff, they are done quite nicely and look great in person (as good or better than the pictures typically)...so I would probably buy something from them in terms of furniture because i have been really happy with them so far. i don't know that i'd buy something like a big dining set or anything but a bench, sure.

i love their entryway benches, the gothic black washed one, so pretty, but unfortunately our entry is way too small to really work with anything quite so commanding, maybe sometime in the future if we ever have an actual entry hall!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and FG i love that flowing white window look!!

minga i''d also check out PB''s flowing linens for the windows etc..they have some great springy stuff that you can get on ebay for CHEAP.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You, my dear, have done a FAB job!!!! The pillow is just such a perfect piece...the art work that is there is PERFECT!!!! I love the drapery style!!! The only thing I think you still really need is to replace the rod with a longer one...it is just too short...and that way, you will have more drapes down the side and it will perfectly balance the bed. The ones FireGoddess posted are fantastic!!! Just what I'm thinking!!! That is the only thing that looks off. Everything else is right on the money honey! :) And the bed is great where it is...I love light blues and darks...just such a great way to relax...

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Minga--Love the new room color. It looks so much more peaceful. Good for you for working so hard to get it done!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I love this new look!1 I really like the color!! It is quite.. refreshing and calming!!

BTW>>> Love those beautiful trees out the window!!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the compliments. I am thrilled with it, I wake in the morn and it is so bright and CALM!! I need calm! It was a total pain in the *%$ to paint over the orange, primer and lots of paint. I felt really old after I was done, my body hurt!
FG I love the drapery you posted and that is what I am looking for. Babies crib will be out of there soon (have to paint his room GRRR!!) Then I can finish my room.

MINE love the trees too, we live waaaayyyyyyy back in the woods!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Minga, I found that picture at Bed, Bath, and Beyond''s website - have seen them also at Cost Plus World Market, and as Mara said, Pottery Barn, ebay...so you have lots of options! I think they will make the room look put together, light and serene, and make the window look like such a good backdrop for the bed!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow minga! what a difference!
36.gif

that really looks so much better. i liked the color you had before, but it just wasn''t right for the space. your room looks so calm and serene now. hopefully it makes you feel that way too!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The new color is great! Good luck with finding the right art.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results