shape
carat
color
clarity

It's the end of the world as we know it....

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
....and I feel fine! Mostly because I just spent an amazing several days with both SO's family and then with my family.
Also, because on Saturday night, he asked me to be his wife and I said yes! :o

I haven't had a chance to upload pics from my camera yet, and I just found out it was left outside at my mom's house during the rain - so I'm hoping and praying that the memory card is OK :((

Here's the story:
We headed up to St. Augustine on Saturday - he booked us a room in an adorable old bed & breakfast in the historic district. We got dressed up, went out and grabbed some coffee and hot chocolate. Then, we walked around downtown, and I could tell he was scoping out different areas. (It's adorable that they think we don't notice stuff like that.. hehe) He'd made reservations at a nice restaurant (he's NOT a planner by any means, so all of these details were very meaningful to me!), so we headed there for drinks and dinner.
After dinner, I was so freezing that I had to hurry back to the B&B to change into jeans. Then we headed back out to walk around. He suggested we cross the street towards the main square, where all the trees were lit with thousands of lights. But there were hundreds of people milling about, so we kept walking a little further. About a block west, there was a smaller square - the trees were lit with beautiful white lights, the street lamps were wrapped in red velvet ribbon, and there was a beautiful fountain with stone benches.
He led me over next to the fountain and gave a little speech about how the end of the world was supposed to be yesterday (12/21) and today marked the beginning of a wonderful new world - and he wanted to give me a little gift to signify that. He pulled out a tiny box wrapped in Christmas paper - I opened it and there it was! I got to ogle it for a few seconds before he picked it up out of the box, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes with no hesitation, then we hugged and kissed for several minutes there next to the fountain. We threw a dime in and made a wish together. ;))
I went to sit down on the stone bench and a guy walked up to us and asked for directions to a bar - we asked if he could take our picture - the first picture of us as an engaged couple! (Hopefully I will be able to retrieve that from my camera!) I was on cloud 9. We called our moms, who were both waiting with bated breath. (He had called my mom the week before and told her when/where it was happening.) Both moms cried.
I took a few pictures of the location, the ring and us before we headed out to a bar down by the water to celebrate!

For someone who isn't the type to plan *anything*, he did such a wonderful job making it a special night that both of us will never forget. He is an amazing man and I am so lucky to have him in my life! .... Sigh. :))

Thank you, ladies, for helping me to stay sane throughout this entire process!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! That sounds so extra special and romantic!!! How lovely!!! Ah.... so wonderful! hope we can see pics soon!!!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
How amazing! The proposal sounds so lovely. Congratulations!! :appl:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I love that he did something so romantic and thoughtful and isn't even the planning type...BONUS!! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Aww, yay! Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Gator!!! :appl: I can't wait to see your photos!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful story. You can tell he definitely put a lot of thought into it!!! Looking forward to seeing your photos :D

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
That's wonderful he put so much thought into it! I hope your camera is okay. *fingers crossed* Congrats!!!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Gator! That sounds wonderful. So romantic and well thought out by your FI!

Wishing you many many years of love and happiness.

Can't wait to see pictures. :naughty:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! I love that he took the time to really think it out and plan something special even though he isn't much of a planner. :love:

Hope your camera is okay!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations GatorBlue!! I'm so glad to see more than one LIW getting a Christmas proposal, what a sweet year! I love how thoughtful he was about the proposal! I also can't wait to see the pictures!

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the delay - has been an insanely busy few days with the boy's mother in town. We actually went to look at our wedding venue on Monday morning - eek! (I've known I wanted to get married there since before I met him - thank goodness he loves it!)

So, here are some pics from our engagement night... my camera is a goner but I was able to save the memory card, thankfully.

Our room at the B&B in St. Augustine
img_20121223_103726.jpg

Beautiful Christmas tree at the restaurant
img_20121222_185824.jpg

The spot where it happened
dscn0090.jpg
(Another pic of the spot - the next morning in daylight)
dscn0147.jpg

Us, minutes after he asked
dscn0086.jpg
(Note my makeup all over his jacket from all the hugging)
dscn0087.jpg

The ring, aaah!
img_20121229_190907.jpg

Another (poorly focused) one
img_20121225_180821.jpg

More pics to come :))

lkc84

Rough_Rock
Congrats!! I'm glad you were able to salvage the memory card! The pics are great and you and your FI look so happy! :appl:

Beautiful ring too :)

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray for my sapphire twin! I don't know how I missed this earlier. Congrats!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gatorblue|1357190928|3346075 said:
Note my makeup all over his jacket from all the hugging

That's a minor detail none of us would have noticed, but makes the picture 100x much sweeter. Congratulations again!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, you two look so happy!! Beautiful ring as well!!! Yayyyy :D

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
gatorblue|1357190928|3346075 said:
Sorry for the delay - has been an insanely busy few days with the boy's mother in town. We actually went to look at our wedding venue on Monday morning - eek! (I've known I wanted to get married there since before I met him - thank goodness he loves it!)

So, here are some pics from our engagement night... my camera is a goner but I was able to save the memory card, thankfully.
More pics to come :))
:appl: CONGRATULATIONS to both of you. Your ring is lovely and you both look "over the moon"!!! :appl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pictures, and super lovely ring! :love: :appl:

ETA: Sorry to hear your camera's toast, but thank god you were able to retrieve your pictures!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous couple! Congrats!!!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

Congratulations and best wishes, gatorblue! (PS. I LOVE your hair!)

:love:

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to come back here to say THANK YOU to everyone for your amazingly kind words.
And for reminding me that I wasn't alone during the past 12 months as our journey (slowly) progressed. For helping me to be patient, and overall less neurotic.

::::DUST:::: to all of you wonderful women! :))

PS - For those of you who remember, my mom now has *permission* to pin wedding-related stuff on Pinterest. I even created a secret board (did you guys know about this feature?!? It's amazing!) for her to post whatever she wants. ;))

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
gatorblue|1358734499|3360626 said:
Just wanted to come back here to say THANK YOU to everyone for your amazingly kind words.
And for reminding me that I wasn't alone during the past 12 months as our journey (slowly) progressed. For helping me to be patient, and overall less neurotic.

::::DUST:::: to all of you wonderful women! :))

PS - For those of you who remember, my mom now has *permission* to pin wedding-related stuff on Pinterest. I even created a secret board (did you guys know about this feature?!? It's amazing!) for her to post whatever she wants. ;))

yay! I bet she is really excited ::) I love secret boards!!! So glad they finally implemented them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results