shape
carat
color
clarity

It's summer. What's your favorite brand of sunglasses, and why?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is Maui Jim.
The lenses are crystal clear and they have UV blocking and double polarization for true vivid colors and no glare.
I don't like any tint in the lens green/bronze/blue/pink, just neutral dark gray.
I don't squint when wearing them no matter how bright the sun is, even without out a hat.
I heard squinting accelerates crow's feet.

I got em at Costco for $79.
That day I saw them at Sunglasses Hut for around $250.
I've been wearing this pair around 10 years.
They are so comfy and they still look like new, even the lenses.

Last edited:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - Maui Jims rock! :)

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Magnetic clip on’s that came with my frames. I wear glasses and also require sunglasses. I hate switching. I always get a spare, they slide into a slip pocket on my handbag.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Mine are prescription, so I am a bit limited in what I can get. I've no idea what brand my current pair are but I quite like how they fit.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear Maui Jim's - have for years and will not wear anything else. The lenses are some of the best irrespective of the relatively high cost.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will only wear Maui Jim's as well. I absolutely love them and if a lens gets scratched or damaged, you can send the glasses back to them for replacement. There is a charge of course but so much better than just having to throw them away. Their polarized lenses are phenomenal!

Reactions: DAF

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Covid thing may alter it, but FWIW Costco has occasional "Road Shows" featuring Maui Jim, Ray Ban, Hobie, et al.

I think they are new models and at great prices.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got em at Costco for $79.
No way. I thought you were frugal. I'm so disappointed.:cheeky:
I have a pair of 'Knockaround' sunglasses that I found on the sidewalk while taking a walk in my neighborhood. They were free!
I also have a pair of HDVision, that work great and really cut the glare while driving.
I found those many years ago in the grocery store that I used to work at.
Money spent on sunglasses-$0.00

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 Knockarounds are great. Typically less than $25 for POLARIZED lenses. They'll customize any of their styles as well. If I lose them out on the water, I'm not out much money for a high-quality product. I have an aviator style and a plastic frame style, both polarized.

I just grabbed classic black Ray-Ban Wayfarers (polarized lenses) for the summer. I just like the classic look and expect them to be durable.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaenon. their lenses are amazing.

Edited: I need polarized and I have prescriptions and bifocals, so if they ever on sale, you can get a pair for about $500. I have light eyes that are sensitive, so kaenons are worth every penny.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Goodr.

$25. Fun colors. Polarized. Don't slip off my face. All necessary criteria, met.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are prescription so I’m not tied to one brand and am limited to the ones that can be reset with my prescription. I update them every time my prescription changes. I wish I could just swap them out but I refuse to wear contacts lenses. So I commit to a solid pair and pay the very steep price when I need them.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Gentle Monster cuz they’re pretty and I like pretty.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Ray-Ban , very comfortable and like new after 10 years .

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had the same pair of Oakleys for twelve years. They live in a hard case and get washed after every use. Over those twelve years my vision has deteriorated substantially, but I wear contacts so it’s rarely an issue. I do have a pair of cheap clip-ons for driving with glasses.

In twelve years my other half has spent probably four times as much on cheapies that he’s lost or broken.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mykita aluminum frames. Super lightweight so they don't fall off my particularly flat nose bridge. They are extortionate so I buy off fleabay.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maui Jim sunglasses all the way. I love their crisp optics. And they are super comfy.
I easily have more than a dozen Maui Jim sunglasses.

mauijims.jpg

mauijimcateyeframebluelens.jpg

mauijim.jpeg

mauijimwhiteframes.png

mauijimcloseup.png

mauijimatlincolncenter.png

mauijimbluelenses.png

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have prescription sunnies. For fun I just have fashion sunglasses, because I'm prone to dropping them, leaving them in the car in extreme heat/cold and just wanting a new look. I always liked my prescription Jimmy Choo ones, but they were actually too expensive to replace. I'm "frugal". Secretly, I wish I could have a whole wardrobe of higher end ones, but I'd still be bad with taking care of them. Plus even in normal times, I spend almost zero time in the sun if possible.

I have a major weakness for designer sunglasses, I know there are better quality ones for cheaper but I just love wearing designer pairs for the style factor :doh: my current rotation is between a pair by Dior and a pair by Fendi, but I do have a few others in my collection - it’s a real addiction :wall:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Maui Jim's all the way! I got my first and only pair at Costco last summer and I love them!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blenders. I only buy the polarized ones and when they're buy one get one free. They're cheap but cute, the frames are large so my eyes get good sun coverage. I can buy enough of them that I have pairs all over.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I have a major weakness for designer sunglasses, I know there are better quality ones for cheaper but I just love wearing designer pairs for the style factor :doh: my current rotation is between a pair by Dior and a pair by Fendi, but I do have a few others in my collection - it’s a real addiction :wall:

Same! I'm currently rotating between a pair of F is Fendi cat eyes, Chanel aviators and Dior Split. :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my DD’s cast-off Ray Bans! :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way. I thought you were frugal. I'm so disappointed.:cheeky: ...

I am a super cheapskate with nearly everything.
Not with diamonds, pianos, guitars, sunglasses, recording equipment, Persian rugs, artist watercolor brushes, and camera gear.

Yet, all my clothing is from the thrift store.
My wine is 2-Buck Upchuck.
Even, some of our furniture was found as trash in local alleys as I walked my former doggies.

Go figure. :think:

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I used to do the designer sunglasses (Gucci, Chanel) until I discovered Maui Jim. Now they are all I wear.

I still cringe sometimes when I see my unworn Chanel and and remember how much I paid for them :(

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I just checked Kaenon and the place I used to order them from is out of business, so now it would be about $700 to get a new pair of frames with prescription bifocals.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a super cheapskate with nearly everything.
Not with diamonds, pianos, guitars, sunglasses, recording equipment, Persian rugs, artist watercolor brushes, and camera gear.

Yet, all my clothing is from the thrift store.
My wine is 2-Buck Upchuck.
Even, some of our furniture was found as trash in local alleys as I walked my former doggies.

Go figure. :think:

Kenny I didn't realize you were a watercolor artist! I am interested in what you consider high quality brushes. I currently write for an art supply company and wonder what you'd think of their product.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I like to imagine that I may look like Audrey Hepburn sometimes, I have exactly the same model she wore in "Breakfast at Tiffany's":cool2: They are my favorite pair of course. The polishing cloth is not authentic, I believe. IMG_1862 (2).JPG 1896751_842403442451674_1843916337085492154_n.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results