shape
carat
color
clarity

It's JUST a wedding band...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. So for Christmas Eve, I finally got a replacement for the custom notched wedding band that Victor Canera made for me. My ring finger has been feeling very...incomplete. Now that I have my new band, it's all ok again.

I'm have to say I am very surprised at how difficult it has been to find the perfect band. I've been trying to put together my wedding set for almost four years now and could not find the right combo that felt just "right" if you know what I mean. I finally discovered that for me, the rings MUST be the same width and height. And I never realized how difficult that is to achieve.

Anyhoo, I think I finally got it right. Platinum band. 2mm wide. 1.3mm high. Size 5. Thank you Yssie for the suggestion of e-weddingbands.com. So many different options and such reasonable prices.

Nothing fancy. Just finally a basic, symmetrical, simple set.

_1209.jpeg

_1210.jpeg

_1211.jpeg

_1212.jpeg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh, they are perfection together, LLJs, beautiful in their similarities and differences. :love: :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad your set is now complete! :appl: It looks great on you, especially given the reasonable price!

Now it's time for you to concentrate on other pieces like a step cut RHR or even a new branded piece! ;))

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful band! It really compliments your ring! :appl: Congrats on finding the perfect band! It looks great! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band looks perfect with your gorgeous ering. I think they look great together LLJsmom! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, your e-ring is so gorgeous! The new band looks nice! Just curious...why did you not want a matching band from Victor?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1451022780|3966038 said:
Gosh, your e-ring is so gorgeous! The new band looks nice! Just curious...why did you not want a matching band from Victor?

Hi DS! I did have one made by Victor, but I lost it. :cry: I decided not to get a notched band again because even with the notch, the band rotated and never stayed in the right spot. So instead the angles created by the notch hit against the prongs. So I decided to find a low profile plain platinum band, which would work just as well, but much cheaper. I'm trying to figure out the rest. And I'm uncertain whether a matching band will rub against the prongs too much. There will be rubbing regardless, but I would want to minimize it.

I am open to suggestions!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A perfect combination IMHO
Love seeing that beautiful ring :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, it is the perfect combination. Matched in height and width but visually different in design to add interest and uniqueness. Not matchy matched. LOVE it. :love: Timeless classic elegance and sophistication. BEAUTIFUL. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous look!!! I love the sophistication and elegance. The plain band gives extra oomph to your set and let your beautiful VC ring sparkle even more.

Enjoy wearing your set.

You mentioned you are currently figuring out the rest. Will you add a pave band to the set?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1451056113|3966108 said:
What a gorgeous look!!! I love the sophistication and elegance. The plain band gives extra oomph to your set and let your beautiful VC ring sparkle even more.

Enjoy wearing your set.

You mentioned you are currently figuring out the rest. Will you add a pave band to the set?

I totally agree with Acinom that the plain band makes the VC ring stand out even more! I love the look of them together...so classic and sophisticated!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice - I love the look of them together! I know how difficult it can be to find 'the one' that looks just right with an engagement ring. Isn't it strange how hard that can really be? You made a lovely choice though!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so elegant. Just perfect! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It is not "just" a wedding band - it is the piece that completes your set and showcases your amazing Victor Canera engagement ring. Nice choice. Is that the flat band or the domed?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial|1451072998|3966162 said:
It is not "just" a wedding band - it is the piece that completes your set and showcases your amazing Victor Canera engagement ring. Nice choice. Is that the flat band or the domed?

Thank you Sundial! It's a domed band. I lost the flat band. I really like the domed even more than the flat band.

I've been looking at jewelry for a while now and I am amazed at how incompetent I have been at even choosing a band that "works". It has taken forever to figure out why certain people's wedding sets look so good and why some are just a little off.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the band, a true classic and will always look perfect!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this look!!! :love: :love: :love: I think they go together perfectly LLJsmom, a plain band with pave ering is my favorite look…the band adds a little something but that gorgeous ering is the star! And they are very well matched, great find! :dance:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for the supportive comments. I have to admit. I really like it with just two, the band and the ering. I'm feeling a little insecure cause I feel like I should stack more. (Cause everyone stacks...) but I am loving it simple right now. It feels like a wedding set. I don't think I have ever truly felt that, not even with the custom notched band. How weird...

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your band sets off your stunning diamond ring perfectly! Nothing more is needed there. Thank you LLJsmom, because of your threads on finding the right band, I also ordered a plat. domed band from e-Weddingbands. I think mine came a few days before yours. I love mine too. Enjoy your perfect set!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1451150100|3966436 said:
Your band sets off your stunning diamond ring perfectly! Nothing more is needed there. Thank you LLJsmom, because of your threads on finding the right band, I also ordered a plat. domed band from e-Weddingbands. I think mine came a few days before yours. I love mine too. Enjoy your perfect set!

Thank you Bonfire, how cool!! You bought one too? Do you mind sharing a few pics? Would love to see how you wear it... :razz:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't want to hijack your thread, but since you asked... this is just one way I wear it,

_1240.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a perfect fit LLJ! Sorry to hear about the loss of your old band...I feel your pain ;( .

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and delicate. Love your e-ring as well! :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a plain thin band with any e-ring. There's something about the pairing that's elegant and timeless. And the nice thing is that you can change up the look with a blingier alternative if you're in the mood, but the plain band will always be a classic. :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Count me in as an admirer of the plain band movement. It looks sleek with your ering, & have to agree, it really sets the stage for that showpiece, gorgeous LLJ!! :love: :love: :appl:

Off to investigate.....

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's just stunning!!! Beautiful combo.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another fan here! I also had my rings changed, and one of the priorities was matching width & height.

I'm a classic plain band girl too. Your rings look elegant & perfect & I'm so glad you've found your groove :love:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome band and gorgeous look, LLJsMom! Simplistic, clean and lets the e-ring sparkle! Bonfire's looks beautiful, too.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
They look great together! I can appreciate the difficulty of matching widths and heights. Turned out wonderfully; thanks for sharing! :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done!.. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results