shape
carat
color
clarity

It's Here!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so I don't have hand shots this second, but will work on uploading some quickies from my iphone. First, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the prongs and the basket. LOVE them! My only problem is that I'm slightly disappointed with the shank. It might be normal though for custom work like this, so I'll post a pic shortly of what I'm hung up on. Basically you can only see it from the side (on and off the hand) but the top portion where the shank meets the basket on one side seems "flattened". :confused:

ETA: I took pics and I think I've come to the conclusion that it's probably normal. It was hard to capture in photos, so I'm sure I'm just focusing on it because it's new. Also, I took my ering/wband off and looked at them to compare. I wish I hadn't, they're WONKY! :lol:

Anyhow, here's a hand shot (or two!) and a profile pic. I love my ring! ::)

IMG_0525_Hand1.jpg

IMG_0515_Hand2.jpg

IMG_0518_Profile.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it! And it looks amazing with that nailpolish!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice hands and nice nails - great you matched to your stone!

The ring looks gorgeous!! What do you see that we can't? Its amazing on you :bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, I love it! It's just lovely and it looks lovely on your hand! (Such lovely nails, by the way!)

I think I understand what you mean when you say "flattened" but since you will rarely be looking at it from that angle, I doubt it will be a nuisance! TBH, I only noticed it because I was looking for it! :loopy:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look a little out of shape; is this normal for custom work? No. Is it worth getting it fixed? Consider the cost of sending back and forth. Consider if it will constantly bother you everytime you look at it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is lovely and really looks beautiful on you. I do see a little asymmetry in the profile shot with one shoulder seeming higher than the other, and the ring not be as perfectly round as it could be, but I agree with Chrono - will it bother you when you wear it?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a very pretty ring (I had to come back and look again)! :tongue:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! Chrono, that's my thought exactly. I wish it were "perfect" but not enough to trouble them with fixing it, or trouble myself w/shipping it off. More importantly, I don't want to let it out of might sight! :lol:

I do have a question. I've never had a tourmaline OR argentium ring, so I'm a little nervous about proper care. Do I need to worry much about it getting damaged during the course of a normal workday? How do you usually clean them? I'm taking it off for housecleaning, not wearing it to bed, etc. but if there's something else I should keep in mind I'd love to hear about it. Thanks! :bigsmile:

ETA: I love the polish too! I just started doing the shellac again so I don't have such manly hands. :devil:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the pink. If the asymmetry really, really bothers you, any jeweler should be able to fix it. I wouldn't mind it though.

I have a tourmaline ring and some argentium rings (not the same ring) and I don't have to treat them any differently than my others. I have found though that my pink jewelry-cleaning solution sometimes makes silver tarnish. I don't know why, so to be on the safe side I just clean it with water and a soft toothbrush (if anyone knows why, please tell me!). Argentium is much more resistant to tarnishing than sterling, but if it does tarnish, my favorite polishing cloths are the Sunshine ones.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous tammy!! The flattened bit on the band wouldn't worry me, personally. WOW I just adore that pink, and I love that the basket is rose gold! Divine!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love the simplicity of the setting with your stone. That pink is outrageous.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tammy your ring is very pretty. I love the color. :love: :love:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
very pretty. You know you're gonna have to keep you nails painted that color from now on.... :naughty:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, it's gorgeous! The stone & setting are so lovely & look perfect with your skin tone (& nail color!!) Well done!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, I love the color!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know too much about the care of Argentium. My guess is that it will need a wipe down once a while to remove the tarnish although Argentium is supposed to be quite tarnish resistant. As for the tourmaline, soapy water and a good warm water rinse is all it needs. Most ammonia free solutions are fine too, especially if it says it's fine for silver.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If this is a hand-made custom ring (rather than cast/mass produced), if you can live with it then why don't you think of it as being a unique part of the making process. Over time the band will probably change shape as it molds to your finger in any event! Like you, I was shocked the other day to find one of my well worn rings had started to look a bit bent out of shape!!!

The ring looks lovely and you focus first on the colour and then notice the different coloured goldwork, prongs and finally the overall ring! So you don't focus on the shank. Far from it. It's lovely. Enjoy wearing it.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1334615157|3172785 said:
I don't know too much about the care of Argentium. My guess is that it will need a wipe down once a while to remove the tarnish although Argentium is supposed to be quite tarnish resistant. As for the tourmaline, soapy water and a good warm water rinse is all it needs. Most ammonia free solutions are fine too, especially if it says it's fine for silver.

Is Argentium plated? If so, the care may be different. Why not ask the Vendor?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1334615305|3172788 said:

The vendor is DanielM and I doubt he plates the argentium. There's really no need since it polishes up to bright white and is tarnish-resistant. Though I do agree asking him about care is probably the way to go if you want to know the real deal.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1334615305|3172788 said:
Chrono|1334615157|3172785 said:

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I thought for sure my post would have fallen down the list by now! :lol:

It's not argentium plated. I've worn it pretty much non stop except for cleaning and bedtime this week. I'm pleasantly surprised at how it doesn't seem to scratch easily and so far no tarnish. I know it's early though! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results