shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT It was in his guitar case!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

As many of you know, my beau & I have been in the process of having a ring custom made for a while now. (Here's the thread in Rocky Talky on the subject.) I was fairly sure that my boy received it last week, but I wasn’t sure how long he was going to make me wait before he slipped it on my finger. I was getting pretty excited about the ring & would frequently check his pockets to see if he had a treat for me in there. (He later told me that, while it was initially amusing, he was starting to freak out thinking that I’d ruin the proposal by checking his pockets when he actually had the ring in there!)

32.gif

We were going on vacation with his family to Block Island last week, but I thought it probably wouldn’t happen during the trip because there would be so many people around. (Kaleigh disagreed, though! She convinced me that I should be prepared for a proposal.)

31.gif

So I developed an odd suspicion that he had packed the ring in his guitar case because he had placed his case by the door the day before we left. (He usually doesn’t pack this early.) As soon as we arrived, I bought him a Block Island bumper sticker for his guitar case, as he likes to collect stickers from every place he plays his guitar, & put it on his case. (I was good & didn’t look inside!

12.gif
) I asked him if there was anything different about his guitar case, mostly to see if he’d noticed his new sticker. Mostly…
27.gif
He told me there was nothing inside of it. I couldn’t resist the opening and told him that I had a feeling he hid the ring inside his guitar case, but maybe I was wrong. He told me that it had indeed come in & that it looked great, but was surprisingly big & heavy. (he said it weighed 12 pounds!) He said he was storing it in his safe, but when we got back from vacation, he’d give it to me. So I was a little disappointed as I’d gotten my hopes up, but was looking forward to getting it a bit later.

In the meantime, we had a wonderful vacation on Block Island. We stayed on his parents’ boat & had a great time exploring the island—biking, swimming, beaching, kayaking, mopeding, clamming, eating way too much, etc.

10.gif

After a day of clamming, which was tons of fun, but left my hands quite dirty & all of my nails ripped, we got cleaned up & went out for a fancy dinner with my bf, his parents, his little brother & his brother’s gf. After the meal, we wandered out to the yard of the restaurant, a farm with a petting zoo. We were looking at all of the animals—emus, camels, goats, llamas, etc., & the rest of his family wandered off. My bf started saying some very sweet things to me, which didn’t arouse any suspicion because he’s such a sweet boy & does this often. Then he reaches into his pocket & pulls out the ring! I was shocked as I totally wasn’t expecting it! We wandered back to see his family, who were shopping in the town’s many stores. We rounded them up & made our announcement, then split to spend some time alone.

I was happy, but in truth was just a bit disappointed that a) I wasn’t prepared and b) c’mon---llamas!?

20.gif
So, we walked over to the beach together & suddenly he stopped, got down on one knee, looked into my eyes & proposed again. It was perfect!!
9.gif
We hung out on the beach for a while & listened to the waves & watched the stunning orange moon. Afterwards, we walked up to a restaurant on the beach that had live music & dancing. I’d passed by earlier & the music didn’t sound very danceable, but as soon as we walked in, the band started playing swing music (we both LOVE to swing dance) so we ran onto the floor! We were the only ones dancing & everyone took our picture & applauded for us! We went for ice cream afterwards, then took the launch back to the boat.

I’m so happy & fortunate to have found someone so wonderful as a life-partner.

30.gif

Ok, now on to what you really want----pictures!

I’m so pleased with how the ring turned out! I can’t recommend Quest more highly!

36.gif
They’ve been so pleasant to work with—very friendly, prompt responses to my many emails & questions, timely delivery of the ring & it’s just exactly what I wanted! The details are beautiful & the craftsmanship is wonderful! (This is one heavy ring!) The halo, bezel & little side pieces were cast, but the rest of the ring was handmade.

I took these hand shots with my digital camera. I’ll try to get some better ones soon—this jewelry photography thing is harder than it looks!

I’ll post the images from Quest as soon as I receive them.

The diamond is a 1.23 carat RB, G, VVS2 & my ring size is 7. (I’m sorry I don’t have more details on the center stone—it was a family piece so I don’t have much information on it, which makes me a terrible PriceScoper!) The mounting is custom made in platinum from Quest Jewelers.

Thanks to everyone in my Price Scope family for all of your help, support & encouragement throughout this process! You guys are amazing!
35.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''m going to pull a Reena & subject you guys to a couple of vacation photos before posting the ring pics!
11.gif

Here''s the beach on Block Island...

Block Island beach.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
argh! where are the pictures!?
39.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture of us at the marina. Can you see the ring?
31.gif

P&S at marina.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
BrightSpot,

That''s just mean. However, I''ve found a way to circumvent your evil ways, I saw the beautiful ring on the LIW thread. Congrats on a beautiful engagement.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHERES THE RING?!?!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 2:07:27 PM
Author: allycat0303
BrightSpot,

That''s just mean. However, I''ve found a way to circumvent your evil ways, I saw the beautiful ring on the LIW thread. Congrats on a beautiful engagement.
Thanks for the tip--she''s being such a tease and I can''t stand the suspense so I checked it out on the other thread too! It''s gorgeous!! We must have more pictures. Come on girl, we can''t wait any longer!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
LOL--you guys caught me!
3.gif

Sorry for the suspense...here are the ring pics...
9.gif

Boat%20hand%20shot%20small.jpg

hand shot 1 small.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh Brightspot!!!! The second pic was not in the LIW thread
30.gif
30.gif
. It's so beautiful...AND HUGE! Congrats again! More pics wouldn't hurt
9.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
One more. I''m sorry these are so blurry! Hopefully I''ll have better pictures soon...

Sorry for the suspense w/ the pictures. It''s truly taking me a long time to figure out how to correctly size & post these things! Really...
12.gif
9.gif

Yeah, I have to say the ring is indeed sizable. (meaning that the setting is large, not that the center stone is a boulder...) It''s also very heavy, but comfortable. I had a momentary thought that the ring might be too big, but it passed pretty quickly.
31.gif

The shape of the center stone really does look octagonal, not round, because it has an octagonal bezel around it. Pretty cool.

I thought you guys might be amused to hear my FBIL''s description of the ring: "You know those ring pops you got as a kid? It looks like that. But clear."
3.gif

hand shot 3.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic hiding place! Brilliant really. Congrats again on your new title!
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal! And your ring is gorgeous!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratualtions, that ring is awesome!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I just knew he was going to do it on vacation. I just wish I had told you to wear rubber gloves when clamming to protect your nails!!!!!!
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! very nice! congrats!
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everybody!
9.gif

Kaleigh, we went clamming again the day after he proposed--the ring stayed home & I wore rubber gloves!
2.gif

Here are the photos Quest took of the ring...

e-ring Image 3.JPG

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Side view...

3-ring Image 1.JPG

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
The shank...

e-ring Image 2.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Wow. Quest did an outstanding job!!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
And a profile shot. (this is the last one.)

e-ring Image 4.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! Posted in the other thread too but it really reminds of the old art deco rings that Fay Cullen has, I love those things, the sapphire and diamond ones are my eye-candy .... someday!!! LOVE the gallery on the ring...!

It looks great on your hand too. Lovely choice...congrats!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I had to post again after seeing the new photos. It''s just stunning! I love it. And it''s definitely not too big! Girl, don''t you know there''s no such thing as too big when we''re talking about rings?!
2.gif
Congratulations on your engagement too!
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif
OMG, it looks AMAZING. Quest did do a fabulous job, the detail work is superb. It looks so beautiful on your hand and just the perfect size. i love the gallery work too. Congrats on your engagement and the pic you posted of you two is sooo cute.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!! I LOVE it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHYEAH, THAT''S what I''M talkin'' about!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I hope you don''t mind but I added your photos from Quest to my "Dreamin'' of HALOS" folder!
31.gif
I LOVE the octagonal halo surrounding the RB. *swoon* !!!

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

Lynn

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Brightspot....it's absolutely lovely!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I love everthing about it...

The triple shank, the marquise shaped sides that compliment the gallery (undercarriage?...I'm not sure of my terms), and most of all, the octagonal bezel!!!!

Just beautiful!
3.gif
And so Deco...my very favorite style...

And such a sweet proposal story...

Very very best wishes to you and that sweet guy!

widget

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It''s just GORGEOUS...so beautiful and such a statement all on its own!!!! I love the octagon bezel and the halo...so fabulous!!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a stunner!! Great proposal too--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
It''s stunning!! I love the octagons, the gallery..everything! Heirloomy and *perfect*! One of my favorites w/ La Reena, L''Art Nouveau and La Lovey
30.gif
Best wishes to you and congrats to your FI!
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
BrightSpot -- Congratulations!!! Everyone else is using the term gallery, and I think that''s what I wanted to complement too! It is so unique, I really love that! It looks HUGE on your finger! Congrats again!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Yay!!!! I have been waiting for you to post that it finally happened! Congrats!

I know you have been waiting in agony for a while. It turned out just perfect. Thanks for all the pictures. You know how much we love pictures.

Congrats again and enjoy that beautiful ring of yours!
Cheers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results