shape
carat
color
clarity

It is now *his turn...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
Well,
since my wedding is now coming up in OH MY GOD, 14 days....
Time for my ring.
Wink @ Winfields {http://www.winkjones.com) *shameless plug, shameless plug*
is once again undertaking the amazing job. I am attaching a basic mock-up of what the ring is going to look like, very poorly photoshopped i might add. I really liked the look of the trent west trew tungsten design, but really really wanted my own little EightStar to match Valerie''s. Since Trent West does not place custom stones in rings, and I wasn''t too keen on tungsten carbide anyway, i am having a custom piece made from platinum. As it turns out, EightStar does not normally cut diamonds as small as i was looking, (.20 or so). However, they have a batch of "new recruits" who they train on smaller stones, so one may come up some day, and i will have to swap out the .24 H&A that will be in the ring right now. for the life of me, i have misplaced the stats on the diamond that will be in the ring (please feel free to shoot evil glares at me.) Anyway, this diamond will eventually end up in a really cool tie tack that i have in mind....

Back to the ring. It is a 7mm band, with the diamond in the center, and two great sapphires on each side. The diamond is bezel set in the ring, and the two sapphires will be (i think it is called) hammer set. they are 2.5 mm each, and are "deep blue" diamond cut sapphires. It should be under way right now, and I can''t wait!!

We have valerie''s wedding ring in hand already. It is a DVatche "truffle" ring with 5 .9 E/F VS quality. Hey, I should take a picture! I''ll add that later tonight. For those of you who worry about gap, ah well. it looks so great, who cares about a gap???

And of course, the pre-wedding gift that she has no idea about...a ~1 carat pair of sapphire earrings, set it "martini" prong settings. She has no idea that I am lining them up, but as far as i know, she doesn''t have anything "blue" for the wedding yet. Since the wedding band was so perfect, I had to downgrade on the quality of the sapphires a bit, but hopefully Wink can pull through for me!!! There are always more chances to buy more jewelry (really eyeing a pair of Richard Homer Sapphire earrings like Colered Gemstone Nut''s, but know that is about 20 years down the road!!). It is a good thing that I found a wife who loves jewelry as much as I do, because I can''t wear all the good stuff, being too normalized into society, in a sociological sense. Heck, I feel like I am breaking the rules w/ my .24 diamond, but I guess I should just talk with that guy who bought himself a 3+ carat diamond.

jansringfinal.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey that is a fierce looking ring. I really like it. I've been thinking about something for the old hubbie. That's a nice piece of work for sure.
Do you have the links for Valerie's ering and wedding band?
Nan

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
Fierce. I like that description. Heh, although, it would really be fierce with rubies instead of sapphires...

Here is a link to some pictures of my fiancee's ring. In it i beleive i referenced the original post regarding my whole diamond finding fiasco in Nov. of '02, such a long time ago!

Prior Posts

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Your purchase of the ring & proposal links are great stories sylve - thanks so much for sharing!
Her e-ring is exquisite, as is your wedding band! -Really unique & amazing
appl.gif
Pls do post pix of her wedding ring
love.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 5/28/2004 10:25:21 PM sylvesterii wrote:

We have valerie's wedding ring in hand already. It is a DVatche 'truffle' ring with 5 .9 E/F VS quality. Hey, I should take a picture! I'll add that later tonight. For those of you who worry about gap, ah well. it looks so great, who cares about a gap???

----------------
I first read 5 .9 E/F VS stones, I thought holy smokes, that thing's got a 30 mm wide spread of diamonds!
6.gif
I then saw the picture in the other post and realized it was a typo and it's got 5 x 0.09 stones. Both of these rings are very beautiful. Congrats!
1.gif

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
oh yeah, sorry.
that should be .09 and they are F/G not E....it is too bad you can't edit after an hour or whatever.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very sweet ring!! I like it.

We had a tension set titanium ring with a thin gold band in the middle made up for Greg with a .38c ACA H&A in it...he adores it, it looks really beautiful and masculine at the same time. He gets tons of compliments on it which of course he loves.

Here is the url for the finished ring if you want to take a look: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kudos-to-boone-rings.14936/

I like how yours is set into the stone ring with the sapphires...it kind of reminds me of Josh's! Though, one thing Greg loves about his ring is that you can see the diamond, being tension and all, apparently people are fascinated and I have heard more than one ask 'are you sure it's safe in there?'..hehee.

Please post finished pix!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ouch! Are those my feet being held to the fire? Why yes, I believe they are...

Sure hope my benchie does as good of job on this ring as he did on his last job!

Wink

P.S. Jan, thank you for the kind words and the confidence in me. I have enjoyed looking at the other threads that you mentioned. I probably have a copy of a picture of your wedding ring at the office, I can check for you on Tuesday if you like.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
I was able to get a photo of the ring uploaded. I put it in a seperate thread on accident. I think you will like it.

The Vatche Truffle Band

If you can find the photo that would be cool, always nice to have lots of pictures.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
whohoo! just got the word that my ring is on its way to me in it's nicely triple packed x-tra large FedEx box. It should be here tomorrow, and i will for sure post pics for people to see how it looks.

Also, wink just sent me a shot of her sapphire earrings, i will attach it. I can't wait!!

ValerieEarrings.jpg

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
here is a shot of the stones for my ring, wink doesn't like the photo, but i thought it turned out pretty good.

jans diamond and sapphires.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, Chromium rich stones do not like to be photographed much, and I especially hate it that I had to have your ring shipped directly to you before I get to see it, but my preference to see the finished ring before shipping it to you is trumped by your desire to leave for your wedding!

I like this platinum smith a lot, and expect your ring will look exactly like your picture, but you will be the judge of that!

Wink

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
and the results are in! wink does it again. check it out, here is the ring!

jans1.jpg

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
Here is one along side of the earrings. looks great!

jansbandandearrings.jpg

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
and of course a close up of the earrings and their "martini settings"

valerieearrings1.jpg

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sylvesterii, the ring turned out awesome. I like the textured finish against the diamond and sapphires. Enjoy!

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
just updating the post with actual information, now that i have the documentation for the ring...

It is an AGS-000 H&A, F SI1, .242 cts. 4.01x4.01x2.47 mm

No Fluorescence.

The SI1 is for a cloud and a small crystal. At this size, it is totally eye-clean, would have no idea there was anything in there.

HCA Score of 1.9, 55% table, 61.6% depth, 35.0 degree crown angle, 40.9 degree pavillion angle, pointed culet. .7 to 1.5% girdle.

The sapphires are round brilliant cut, 2.4-2.6x1.55 type II, bright vibrant blue, .06 cts each. hope that is enough info for everyone. sorry it took so long.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results