shape
carat
color
clarity

Istanbul airport attack: 36 dead, 147 injured

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I don't understand the world we live in anymore.

Istanbul airport attack: 36 dead, 147 injured

[urlhttp://www.cnn.com/2016/06/28/europe/turkey-istanbul-airport-attacks/index.html][/url]

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just awful. ;(

I am with you, RockinRuby, I don't understand this world anymore, either. Maybe I never did. There is so much hate, and it all seems so unnecessary.

Several friends are Turkish, but I hadn't been aware of the instability until just a few years ago. We attended a wedding 2 weeks back, and the couple honeymooned in her homeland, Turkey. They've never been very vocal about what's happening there although we know them well, but other friends who are in their 40s-50s help us keep abreast of things. None of us saw this coming! Everyone seems upset but not entirely shocked here. Our hearts and thoughts are with the people who died and their loved ones. This is really terrible.

:nono: SMH at a lot of humans who need to wake up and get the eff over themselves or figure out that their "leaders" are total bullshit.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:blackeye:

I have been watching the Anthony Bourdain Parts Uknown series, and just a couple of weeks ago watched one on Turkey. I had a friend who traveled there for work, and I too had no idea what was going on. This show was a very interesting take on the people, country, and government. Sadly, one of the couples who hosted him - they were ambassadors from America if I recall correctly - were arrested shortly after the show. The wife was released after eight months I think, and as of the show airing the husband had not been heard from or seen. So very troubling.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Things are getting pretty bad. We have a few expats there at the moment-but the majority have already been moved out, along with all of the wives and children. The plan to expand and get more people out there is most definitely cancelled.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a friend who has family in Turkey. This is horrible!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have Pricescope members in Turkey, too.

Deb

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1467184349|4049574 said:
Just awful. ;( I am with you, RockinRuby, I don't understand this world anymore, either. Maybe I never did. There is so much hate, and it all seems so unnecessary.

Several friends are Turkish, but I hadn't been aware of the instability until just a few years ago. We attended a wedding 2 weeks back, and the couple honeymooned in her homeland, Turkey. They've never been very vocal about what's happening there although we know them well, but other friends who are in their 40s-50s help us keep abreast of things. None of us saw this coming! Everyone seems upset but not entirely shocked here. Our hearts and thoughts are with the people who died and their loved ones. This is really terrible.

:nono: SMH at a lot of humans who need to wake up and get the eff over themselves or figure out that their "leaders" are total bullshit.

I agree. People really need to start getting involved more and learn what's going on around them. It's frustrating! :wall: I'm so glad to be active on PS because it has opened my mind up to so many different things. I enjoy getting different perspectives about what's going on in the world. :wavey:

rainydaze said:
:blackeye: I have been watching the Anthony Bourdain Parts Uknown series, and just a couple of weeks ago watched one on Turkey. I had a friend who traveled there for work, and I too had no idea what was going on. This show was a very interesting take on the people, country, and government. Sadly, one of the couples who hosted him - they were ambassadors from America if I recall correctly - were arrested shortly after the show. The wife was released after eight months I think, and as of the show airing the husband had not been heard from or seen. So very troubling.

That's really frightening. I had no idea that had happened, but I remember seeing the episode. I get the feeling that there have been more than a few times people aren't sure about bringing attention to themselves on these type shows. :doh:

AGBF said:
Sorry, Rockinruby, I had not seen you had already posted this when I started a new thread!

<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-terror-attack-in-istanbul.223917/"

I must be sleepy this morning. Thank you for your social conscience! You are always so much on the ball!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:
Thanks for posting Deb! I don't mind at all. My husband sometimes asks how I learned about some news stories when he hasn't seen it yet. My normal response is that someone posted about it on PS. I think it's great that we all try to keep each other aware. Hugs back! :wavey: :appl: :dance:

leukolenos said:
Things are getting pretty bad. We have a few expats there at the moment-but the majority have already been moved out, along with all of the wives and children. The plan to expand and get more people out there is most definitely cancelled.
I've been reading up on this more. It is a sad situation.

Chrono said:
I have a friend who has family in Turkey. This is horrible!
I'm sorry Chrono. It is awful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results